Mephisto Genetics Mephisto, Amare se-450's & Big Sm0

Thanks guys. I was wondering if anyone added it to their feed. Lots of soil amending and foliar but nothing aive bout feeding direct in water. During flower I go through a gallon of sugar daddy which is nothing more than 2% magnesium and is 100 bucks a gallon.
Thanks guys. I was wondering if anyone added it to their feed. Lots of soil amending and foliar but nothing about feeding direct in water. During flower I go through a gallon of sugar daddy which is nothing more than 2% magnesium and is 100 bucks a gallon.
I have really been considering doing something like this. It does suck adding pouring in the calmag each feed. I'm really uneducated in anything besides bottle nutrients.
Would adding gypsum help you out I'm going to mix it and crushed oyster shells next time so I don't have to mess with all that cal mag I'm going to see how it goes.

Would adding gypsum help you out I'm going to mix it and crushed oyster shells next time so I don't have to mess with all that cal mag I'm going to see how it goes.
I'm going to do the same next run. I wish someone did a tutorial about all this since autos have such rapid growth plus so many are using cobs now a days. I think that's the primary issue

Already showing signs of calcium deficiency. This really sucks! Anyways I'm doing my second feed this week with a little extra calmag. 1tsp per gallon hopefully this slows it down. I picked up a bag of calcarb from the grow shop awhile back, it's for foliar feeding and 31% calcium.
image.jpg

Plants are growing and growing. All females which is good and no preflowers yet which is a relief. I'm going to make some big bitches.

You too? Lol

Let's work on a plan for these autos under real lights. I'm going to do some serious research. Anyone with knowledge please chime in too. A simple inexpensive way to add calcium and magnesium to the plants without spending 40 per gallon on calmag and 100 a gallon for sugar daddy. I just used 15tsp calmag and 80ml of sugar daddy. I like soil amendments but each plant is different and I'd hate to lose control on what each recieves and it's also a long experiment is you have to wait a month to break down.

You too? Lol

Let's work on a plan for these autos under real lights. I'm going to do some serious research. Anyone with knowledge please chime in too. A simple inexpensive way to add calcium and magnesium to the plants without spending 40 per gallon on calmag and 100 a gallon for sugar daddy. I just used 15tsp calmag and 80ml of sugar daddy. I like soil amendments but each plant is different and I'd hate to lose control on what each recieves and it's also a long experiment is you have to wait a month to break down.

Its going to depend on what you want out of it, and most natural ways to deliver calcium are slow release or need amended in the soil for a wile to "cook" to make the elements available to the plant. Powdered eggs shells ( I save every egg shell I crack dry them and powder them) oyster shell calcium is another great natural cheap source. Just need to work it into the soil. Magnesium is easy, add some Epson salt to the soil, its going to vary per cubic foot of soil you mix but the two of those and a few other tweaks could get you cooking in a nice base organic soil.

Nice discussion here, and bigsmo, nice looking plants despite the issues.

Fwiw I'm using 45 ppm ro water and 5 mls/gallon Botanicare cal mag(max recommended dose), using COBs of course, and not having the cal mag probs. This is on my youngest girls only, as I was using 300 ppm tap on on older girls with less cal mag. Always had cal mag issues on every grow. So far so good on this latest grow. Also if I remember right, probably not, but I think excess potassium can lock out cal/mag. I'll have to re-research.

Great info brothers. I may have to go the organic approach. Roasty that's pretty strange. I'm happy it's working for you though. I use botanicare as well but not my favorite since it's lower in mg. As I mentioned to yeaster the ingredients are different then calimagic and I like to mix them up.

Fullduplex this is all good with synthetic nutrients afterwards? Also is there any chance of over doing it and causing problems

What pH are you using? Try adjusting your pH? You are in Promix? I think light distance with cobs is important. My shorter plants look better FWIW. I use Coco, and my taller plants look stressed, cal/mag def on the upper part of the plants...my Short plants look fine. I will be doing some experimenting soon, and will share my findings. Adding that much CALMAG takes away the savings in electricity cobs offer. Your plants are growing fast, do you have rust spots and fading? How bad? Good luck Big, will be following!

Back