Live Stoners Live Stoner Chat - Oct-Dec '21

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oops. Supposed to be 10 points. sigh, wrong button, or more like over hyper touch pad.

Our mutt rings a bell to go out, and does a single bark to come back in. At -30, the bark is never far away. :biggrin:
Oh if life was that easy. My 21 year old Chi will stand there 3 ft inside the OPEN front door and just let go in a daze.

uhoh, wife caught me on craigslist looking for beezers......again.
Might actually have a chance on getting another......she said " you really like those damn old bikes don't you"...and it was off to the races on how it was the only bike I truly loved, from the sewing machine sound just under the exhaust thump to the occasional transient spark that would lock it all up.
BSA.....bastard seized again. 1 BSA, 2 honds, 1 yamaha, 1 kawasaki, 4 harley's.........nothing beat that A65 lightning in my book.
Used to love my bikes, still do. Not allowed one, Mrs says no way....:shrug:started awitha few honda CG125, that was where my love for honda began 20 odd years ago. Went up to a VFR. I can honestly say that there is no other feeling than riding a bike. I miss it, well not the cold days and having it as transport. Would love one for sunny days and take it up roads know well with places to open the throttle a little. Maybe not thinking I am John Mcguiness anymore.
Lol
EP3

Oh if life was that easy. My 21 year old Chi will stand there 3 ft inside the OPEN front door and just let go in a daze.
Yeah, our mutt is pretty easy. A friend of ours has to walk her retriever at least three times a day, the last time in the evening, no matter how late she gets home, - apparently potty break ain't happening except on a walk. The evening routine with ours is easier. Somewhere around 8:30 or so, we call her to the door, let her out, she goes into her enclosure and pees, and runs back in, and done. And I am thankful each and every time, especially at -30C. Hell, at that temperature it takes longer to get dressed up than it does to do a walk. :biggrin:

It took her two days to get the bell routine down pat. Now if I could just persuade her to come when called... :biggrin:

-30 this morning, -31 tomorrow and the next day. :biggrin: Doggie walk was short.

Merry Christmas @Jraven, and all the best in the New Year. :pighug:
Your weather leaking is out through the mountains still brother, you need to appreciate it more and it will stay over there:rofl:
All the best to you to also pal :cheers::pass:

Used to love my bikes, still do. Not allowed one, Mrs says no way....:shrug:started awitha few honda CG125, that was where my love for honda began 20 odd years ago. Went up to a VFR. I can honestly say that there is no other feeling than riding a bike. I miss it, well not the cold days and having it as transport. Would love one for sunny days and take it up roads know well with places to open the throttle a little. Maybe not thinking I am John Mcguiness anymore.
Lol
EP3
Never did the motorbike thing. My father wore out several of them as a courier during WWII. I guess he might have wrecked a few as well. At any rate, he would not let me have one while I lived under "his" roof. Guess he figured out how risky they were. :biggrin:

When I started university, the older couple who let me stay with them were antique nuts. The fellow did regular road trips to Yukon and Alaska looking for abandoned elderly wrecks. If he found one, he would track down the owner and offer to dig it out of the weeds and take it home on his cargo trailer. He always came back with a new project or two. Which brings me back to bikes. He gave me a complete Indian motorcycle in a few boxes and suggested that it might be fun for me to rebuild it. He was right, it would be worth a pretty penny now. However school sucked me dry, so it never got very far out of the boxes. OTOH, had I finished it, I am not sure I would have survived the learning curve by starting with that one. :biggrin:

Your weather leaking is out through the mountains still brother, you need to appreciate it more and it will stay over there:rofl:
All the best to you to also pal :cheers::pass:
Sorry to hear about the weather leak, I'll get right on it. :biggrin:

A friend of ours had a furnace failure in October. She waited three weeks for parts. Damn good thing it happened then and not now.

Ours is vintage 1996, which I think about at -30. At least we could keep the ice out with our built in fireplace. :biggrin:

-30 this morning, -31 tomorrow and the next day. :biggrin: Doggie walk was short.

Merry Christmas @Jraven, and all the best in the New Year. :pighug:
1640473102181.gif

And here I am over here in TX 85F
1640473170220.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back