Live Stoners Live Stoner Chat - Oct-Dec '21

Status
Not open for further replies.
He knows it’s Friday!
1639758822254.gif

Noticed a few since hoarder place up the road was torn down. Normal tunneling field rats that neighbors cat has killed. Don't know if it's more than usual since there's vacant plots all around here but got in some traps to put around anyways.
View attachment 1398142
Depends on the type of rat if those will work well. Around here we have Norway rats that come out of the woods in the fall looking for food/shelter. Norway rats are neophobic, meaning they won't go near anything new for a couple weeks usually. So you want to get those traps as dirty as you can to get them to smell like they've been there a while. This stuff works great but wear a mask and gloves and don't use it anywhere that dogs can dig it out. Just put some powder in the holes and the rats lick it off their feet when they groom themselves...https://www.oldhamchem.com/rozol-tracking-powder-white

Cheers everyone for sharing.......you know where we got the rats.....?.....in the car engines..........:pass:

Hubbys van went in for it's yearly test and the Garage owner noticed a strange smell.............we both havn't been able to smell proper for months..
so anyway...Test guys says...I know that smell..there is a rat in the engine........:shrug:...we've had rats in stealing chicken eggs before...but never in the cars...:nono:

Hubbys old Merc went in...and it is only used occasionally....it virtually had a full straw nest under the engine...
and..hubby popped the hood on mine...sure enough........:doh:...signs are there....

They are going up in the engines...finding a space..and eating ruddy snails......:shrug:...I mean...Jeeezzz...if they are happy living on snails...we could have a plague of them...

coz Everywhere in Spain has massive snails

So...I'm googling around and apparently we have been over run with them in Spain for 2 years and the government are ignoring them.....:pass:

I Wondered if it was happening everywhere..............but.....just Spain then..........

Cheers everyone for sharing.......you know where we got the rats.....?.....in the car engines..........:pass:

Hubbys van went in for it's yearly test and the Garage owner noticed a strange smell.............we both havn't been able to smell proper for months..
so anyway...Test guys says...I know that smell..there is a rat in the engine........:shrug:...we've had rats in stealing chicken eggs before...but never in the cars...:nono:

Hubbys old Merc went in...and it is only used occasionally....it virtually had a full straw nest under the engine...
and..hubby popped the hood on mine...sure enough........:doh:...signs are there....

They are going up in the engines...finding a space..and eating ruddy snails......:shrug:...I mean...Jeeezzz...if they are happy living on snails...we could have a plague of them...

coz Everywhere in Spain has massive snails

So...I'm googling around and apparently we have been over run with them in Spain for 2 years and the government are ignoring them.....:pass:

I Wondered if it was happening everywhere..............but.....just Spain then..........
Also in many parts of the world (Especially EU and US) rats and mice tend to getting to vehicles and equipment for a few reasons, safety and food. Little known fact (unless automotive peep and even some these guys don’t know) but inside wire looms, the industry a lot of the times use peanut oil to lube the inside, to help keep the wires lines and flexible. Hence sometimes see chewed wires and such.

Thanks @Mossy for the rat rep. I'm in a 140 year old neighborhood that's been a mixed-race ghetto for the last 40 years or so, and a refugee relocation destination for the last 15 years. The rats are everywhere, and very well fed. The city will come and put bait boxes if you complain, but it's a losing battle with so many people putting trash on the ground, and so many houses with holes so the rats can go in and out from house to house to see who's having chicken wings. My garage and under my porch are still infested, but I'm satisfied if I can just keep them out of the house. I have heard of them chewing through the wiring on cars that sit idle for too long, but it's' not an issue for cars that are used often. I installed a new furnace for a Somali Bantu family with the worst infestation I've seen. The kids told me that the rats keep them up at night scampering around the house. A 6 year-old girl in a head-scarf added "and they're as big as beavers!"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back