Live Stoners Live Stoner Chat - Oct-Dec '21

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks Suki! Do you know if fimming or topping twice is the same as mainlining only quicker?
If you're topping 2x vs 3x it will be quicker. You'll end up with 4 mains topping twice, or 8 topping 3x. The LST is the time consuming part, but only in hands on time, idk that it makes much of a difference to the time overall. Ime the plant will respond by making itself veg a little longer per topping.

If you're topping 2x vs 3x it will be quicker. You'll end up with 4 mains topping twice, or 8 topping 3x. The LST is the time consuming part, but only in hands on time, idk that it makes much of a difference to the time overall. Ime the plant will respond by making itself veg a little longer per topping.
Thanks

Thanks for the rep @Autoscrog! I like to keep my plants small when I'm trying out new strains for the sake of space and variety, as until this month I'd only had a 2x2 to grow in.

I think ill try mainlining then. More colas has to be better right?
To a point. The plant has a finite amount of energy it can put towards flowering, so more tops doesn't necessarily mean more bud, just that its distributed across the plant vs a single main cola. Here's an example of a plant that has hit the point of diminishing return, I think it has 24ish tops total. You can see that each top is basically just one bud.

20211209_142246.jpg

Mainlining autos tends to keep them pretty small. If you have the space, topping once between the 4th and 5th node will give you a similar distribution, but a bigger plant overall. You've also got to remember that anything you remove from the plant is also removing energy stores that would otherwise be fueling the plant's growth. I've been doing a lot of experimenting with this stuff, its all in my journals in my signature.

Mainlining autos tends to keep them pretty small. If you have the space, topping once between the 4th and 5th node will give you a similar distribution, but a bigger plant overall. You've also got to remember that anything you remove from the plant is also removing energy stores that would otherwise be fueling the plant's growth. I've been doing a lot of experimenting with this stuff, its all in my journals in my signature.
Thanks. I dont grow autos because you cant really train them
Could i ask you one last thing Suki? What do you think is best? top twice and super crop? fimm and super crop? or mainline?

Thanks. I dont grow autos because you cant really train them

Could i ask you one last thing Suki? What do you think is best? top twice and super crop? fimm and super crop? or mainline?
Not being able to train autos is patently false lol, a longstanding myth from back in the early days.

All of those training methods are used to achieve different things, imo. Supercropping is often used to level an unruly canopy or to bring colas that are getting too tall/close to the lights back down. I've also used it to spread out plants when I don't feel like dealing with full on tying them down. Topping/fimming both achieve the same thing really, so I don't really have a hard stance on that either way. I will say the times I have fimmed instead of topping by accident, the extra branches that came from it seemed rather runty, compared to the ones that were meant to be there. It really does come down to what you're trying to do.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back