Live Stoners Live Stoner Chat - Oct-Dec '21

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not being able to train autos is patently false lol, a longstanding myth from back in the early days.

All of those training methods are used to achieve different things, imo. Supercropping is often used to level an unruly canopy or to bring colas that are getting too tall/close to the lights back down. I've also used it to spend out plants when I don't feel like dealing with full on tying them down. Topping/fimming both achieve the same thing really, so I don't really have a hard stance on that either way. I will say the times I have fimmed instead of topping by accident, the extra branches that came from it seemed rather runty, compared to the ones that were meant to be there. It really does come down to what you're trying to do.
Not being able to train autos is patently false lol, a longstanding myth from back in the early days.

All of those training methods are used to achieve different things, imo. Supercropping is often used to level an unruly canopy or to bring colas that are getting too tall/close to the lights back down. I've also used it to spend out plants when I don't feel like dealing with full on tying them down. Topping/fimming both achieve the same thing really, so I don't really have a hard stance on that either way. I will say the times I have fimmed instead of topping by accident, the extra branches that came from it seemed rather runty, compared to the ones that were meant to be there. It really does come down to what you're trying to do.
So your saying if my lights powerful enough training is pointless?

W
Really? I though mainlining would double my yield?

Why would you think that? :pass:

An Autoflower lives for ~2.5-3.5 months depending on strain and just have 1 lifetime and normally there is no time for errors if you want to have maximum yield. Now I don’t know if you are going to grow 1 or 1000 plants, but you could pick a strain that suits the grow you attend to do.

What kind of grow do you have in mind?

So your saying if my lights powerful enough training is pointless?
I don't believe that one bit, personally. With grow lights, they are stationary (unlike the sun), so training helps to expose parts of the plant that would otherwise not be getting enough light. Outdoors you can get away with leaving plants 100% natural, since the sunlight moves around the plant through the day. Most growers at least top once or do dome LST, both for the previously mentioned light issue, but also for the sake of space restraints. Some strains can get to be over 10' tall, and without training that would be completely unmanageable for a home grower in an indoor environment.

W

An Autoflower lives for ~2.5-3.5 months depending on strain and just have 1 lifetime and normally there is no time for errors if you want to have maximum yield. Now I don’t know if you are going to grow 1 or 1000 plants, but you could pick a strain that suits the grow you attend to do.

They said they don't grow autos.

W

It has been said that mainlining can increase yields by 40-80% but that is strictly talking about photos as it goes back to the "being able to veg them as long as you want" thing.

They said they don't grow autos.

Oh, missed that.. then SOG and some cropping, pinch some stems to keep it under control.

It has been said that mainlining can increase yields by 40-80% but that is strictly talking about photos as it goes back to the "being able to veg them as long as you want" thing.

Fair.. I buy that :thumbsup:

Friday shot of my remaining Anvil. She’s going on 100 days and just went into another flowering. Very few amber trics and full of pink and purple trics over 50%. :drool:

423F58E3-83F5-4B5E-A321-C3E71A027DA7.jpeg

and her younger sister

FFA63DD6-AA3A-459D-BA13-A92EA13B7373.jpeg

Just trans planted into a bigger pot.:pass:

Pick from my harvested Anvil.
943C7CAE-00CA-46A7-ABFE-45E042F8AA86.jpeg

BB11558C-520C-478C-AAF5-706B41A0AA29.jpeg

:woohoo:

@Autoscrog if u supercrop the main top while it’s laying sideways and recovering the lower branches will all start growing to help make canopy even! Topping makes 2 new tops where u take it off but pinching it and fimming can make 4 tops grow from same spot! Did on the 1 I fimmed anyways! :d5:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back