Live Stoners Live Stoner Chat - Oct-Dec '21

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey @Kyote, you are welcome. I hope what you ordered was MCT oil, I don't know what MCI oil is. Presumably a typo.:biggrin:

Good luck with making the infusion. Make it as strong as you can. Dosing can be as small as a couple drops from an eyedropper, so you do not need to worry about it being too strong. In any case, adding MCT oil to dilute it a bit is easy. If you start with it too weak, you may find that an effective dose requires an inconvenient amount of infusion. Ideally, a dose that is somewhere in the ballpark of 1/4 or so of an eyedropper makes dosing super convenient. :pighug:

Yep typo.. MCT it is.... :thumbsup:

Well my carbon filter is old(ish) and just about failing, it's getting stinky in here.. as far as I know you can't clean them to extend their lifetime?? Just refill or replace... any quick tips before I sink some $$ on a replacement?? :smoking: :pighug:

Ordered some MCI oil as the cold infusion in moonshine isn't me cuppa tea :thumbsup:

Thanks for that heads up @Olderfart :d5:
Grind/freeze/sift. And use the hash for the oil. Makes for much cleaner oils without the half used weed/green smell or color. And much easier for personal quantities. 1 gram of sift should be like 400mg ish after decarb. :cooldance:

Grind/freeze/sift. And use the hash for the oil. Makes for much cleaner oils without the half used weed/green smell or color. And much easier for personal quantities. 1 gram of sift should be like 400mg ish after decarb. :cooldance:

Grind / freeze/ sift.. can you elaborate on that? The freeze n sift part ...

A first for me, vaped a test bud of that Cheese I'm growing. Immediately after I get hit with awful dizziness and a seasick nauseous feeling. Laid down cause the room was spinning, fell asleep for about 2 hours. Just woke up with an awful migraine.

Really hoping it wasn't the weed that did it but it seems like quite a coincidence.

Well my carbon filter is old(ish) and just about failing, it's getting stinky in here.. as far as I know you can't clean them to extend their lifetime?? Just refill or replace... any quick tips before I sink some $$ on a replacement?? :smoking: :pighug:
Could try a fresh cover and give it a stab. Baking soda should also pull some of the smell out but might have to stick it in a Rubbermaid with who knows how much baking soda for who knows how long. Or maybe try to pull some baking soda through with a fan and make an experiment. Or old school wrap the filter with fabric softener sheets and rubber bands...

Grind / freeze/ sift.. can you elaborate on that? The freeze n sift part ...
I overdry my larf and sugar leaves/trim and then throw them in the freezer the night before I want to sift. Then I dump it all into my trim bin and shake the shit out of it and rub it in, gently, with my hands. The hash at the bottom is great to press into rosin, press into pucks, or that's what I've been using for my edibles. You get most of the good stuff and get rid of most of the plant matter so your not mixing a ton of plant in a tiny ass amount of oil or butter

Cheapest pellet carbon I've found. I "made" a scrubber bucket to compliment my standard fan/filter. The 20lb bucket fills a standard 5 gal bucket with a large 4" PVC pipe in the center and a bit left over. It's $100 for the carbon alone so judge new filter cost vs that. I've been using an AC infinity 4" that did quite well and I think was only around $50.

EDIT: @fauxnacho I mean to tag you.

That guitar sold for $8K in 1994. One of my friends older brothers bid on it. Probably worth $50K now. Montrose played different guitars later in life, but always thought it strange that guitar was in that pic since he primarily played Les Pauls throught his career. "Get on your your bad motor scooter and ride" baby!!!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back