Live Stoners Live Stoner Chat - Oct-Dec '21

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well folks I have a new “science”breakthrough a couple weeks ago, I came across an article that tale about injecting silver nitrate into the stalk of a plant you want to reverse.

The theory sounded like it might work, and their was several instances of this working.

well I decided to try it with StS and I will be damned. Folks. It worked!

when the plant had about 5 nodes and I could tell there was a little hollow space in the stem. I shot em up!

I look today and what do ya know. I’ve got NUTS! About 10 days after I gave em the second shot(I tried when they were very young but it didn’t take, the fluid just shot out the hole due to back pressure) View attachment 1373619View attachment 1373620
Does it reverse the whole plant or what? Think I'd rather just spray a branch for S1's then a bag job on another plants branch for F1's.

Does it reverse the whole plant or what? Think I'd rather just spray a branch for S1's then a bag job on another plants branch for F1's.

it seems to reverse only the branches above the injection site.

If you inject at the top node, only the top node will reverse

I think this is a much more effective method.

you only have to do it once. You don’t have to spray every day for three or 4 weeks.

you don’t have to worry about overspray, or moving plants to spray em. Or bagging branches.

simply inject once and wait. Seems much easier to me

y aa reet @arty zan ...?........:pighug:
Mornin' or should I say avernun (wurzzle for afternoon)!
I'll bring the cider, you bring the stottie cakes and we'll meet up halfway!
I hear Birmingham does a nice curry!:rofl:

On a serious note, I was up early this morning and managed to just about get LS to 37 pages in 24 hours!
Wow what a day!
Saturday is looking to be a little slower, I reckon too much "sauce" is to blame, there maybe a few sore heads and sleepy people as a result.
Then there are kids, running around causing mayhem, keeping honest, decent stoners occupied!
How you holding up?
The weather here is filthy, suits me, i'm off on my first fungal foray tomorrow, as there will be a break in the weather, with sun all day (on a sunday).

Hey D420 - Nice one :d5:

I assume that's easier and less messy than spraying STS ... Is it nuts all over or localised to the injection?
:pass:
It seems as though the reversal goes above the injection site. I’m guessin because of the xylem flow. The magic is the silver in the reversal process(everyone knows that lol) the thiosulfide is the carrying agent.

so I just skipped the step where it has to pass through the leaf tissue or stomata. instead just getting the silver directly to the cells, so it stops the ethylene production.

I was kinda(ok super sloppy lol) sloppy with my experiment. I injected different amounts at different times. So I am gonna do it again but be much more exact with my experiment. To try and nail down some kind of SOP for this method.

should be super fun.Science for tha WIN!!!!

you only have to do it once. You don’t have to spray every day for three or 4 weeks.

you don’t have to worry about overspray, or moving plants to spray em. Or bagging branches.

Sounds like it's worth a try if I can find a syringe with a needle.....what size did you use?

Picture perfect here Chop day and hang dry :cooldance:
chop time.JPG

I can see this being REALLY useful ... Even in a small 1 plant setup. (especially in a 1 plant setup)

Fro example - If i a some super rare bean and was growing it out and i wanted more, I could effectively inject the top node, wait for the balls .. let the pollen drop naturally ... and .. job done right? Leave it growing until the seeds are mature.

Is that oversimplifying it?

It sounds like it's worth having a syringe and the STS ready to go "just in case"

Let us know when you've perfected it!

:vibe:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back