Live Stoners Live Stoner Chat - Oct-Dec '21

Status
Not open for further replies.
When my grandpa was in high-school, he and his friends put an Indian up the flag pole as a joke. I believe it belonged to the principle but I can't remember 100%. I'll ask my grandma but idk if she would know.
Now that would have got the principal's attention. "Not amused" might not cover it. :crying: :pighug:

@TangieD - If you're in an "unenlightened" state I highly recommend investing in a good VPN. No need to broadcast to your ISP what sites you are looking at. This one included. Be careful what you order online, especially from Amazon etc. They love to collect data and tag you as a grower easiily. Same with using your "real" email address. One promotional email to a gmail account from a cannabis website and everything will come up pot leaves moving forward.

Be quiet about what you're up to. Tell no one. That's what the forum is for! Being able to talk about your new hobby without having to involve anyone in real life that doesn't need to know.

I also highly recommend purchasing prepaid Visa gift cards from Target or wherever to buy cannabis related items online. Buy the cards with cash. Keep a layer of anonymity between yourself and anything you do. I've found the Target Visa cards work at more online sites than others I've tried.

See if there is a local hydroponics shop near you. Some are quite good and paying cash there can keep you off the radar for a lot of things.

A bt of paranoia goes a long ways towards keeping yourself safe and concealed.

Short version:

1) Get a VPN
2) Pay cash at a local hydro store for things
3) Pay cash for prepaid gift cards to buy things online
4) Setup a new email account just for canna related anything
5) Want to talk about your new hobby? Don't! Unless it's here.

EDIT: PS a $40 burner smartphone is quite useful. No need to carry around incriminating pics, posts, links, etc.. on your real phone. Just pull that SIM card and only use wifi over VPN. Should keep you covered! I'm 71 and I can just about handle it.

Tinfoil hat on and happy growing!
Great advice many thanks

We used a doggy doorbell with Suki pup when we still lived in the apartment. That was walks every single time we went out lol. First thing I ordered once we closed on the house was a storm door with a doggy door for the backyard.
Our mutt has a doggie door insert for the sliding door to the deck, but it does not get used at -30C. It ices up, and lets in a pretty steady stream of frigid air. So, winter means back to the bell. Penny is really good with it though, she only rings it when she needs to go out, so it works fine for when the doggie door is not available.

The bell thing is handy if we leave her with friends for a day, we deliver her bell with her, and she knows how to use it on anyone's door. The bark to come back in makes things easy too. She is a pretty easy little mutt.

Give your hound a chin rub from OF. :pighug:

Is it better to use the grow journal rather than the blog? All seems abit confusing for my grey matter cells?
Bit of a rabbit hole this. I am trying both at the moment, and have to say that I may not do that again. The issue is that regular journals are quicker and easier for commentary, so peeps like them better, but that is their problem, they get cluttered with commentary and because of that do not function as a tidy grow record because the meat of the grow record is submerged in commentary and conversation. The two formats pretty much satisfy two different objectives, one being conversation with stoners about your grow, the other being a grow record for yourself. At least that is how the choice looks to me.

At this point, I suspect I will give up on the blog and just do regular journals. The regular journal's function as a grow record can be improved by using threadmarks. By threadmarking each update/technical comment, the grow record function of the thread can be improved, you just use the threadmark list to navigate to whatever portion of the technical record you want to see, and thereby avoid having to sort through all the commentary to get at the record.

As usual, you gets to choose yer poison depending on your own priorities. Good luck with it, and have fun. :pighug:

Last edited:
Bit of a rabbit hole this. I am trying both at the moment, and have to say that I may not do that again. The issue is that regular journals are quicker and easier for commentary, so peeps like them better, but that is their problem, they get cluttered with commentary and because of that do not function as a tidy grow record because the meat of the grow record is submerged in commentary and conversation. The two formats pretty much satisfy two different objectives, one being conversation with stoners about your grow, the other being a grow record for yourself. At least that is how the choice looks to me.

At this point, I suspect I will give up on the journal and just do regular journals. Their function as a grow record can be improved by using threadmarks. By threadmarking each update/technical comment, the grow record function of the thread can be improved, you just use the threadmark list to navigate to whatever portion of the technical record you want to see, and thereby avoid having to sort through all the commentary to get at the record.

As usual, you gets to choose yer poison depending on your own priorities. Good luck with it, and have fun. :pighug:

thanks for the great advice

Now that would have got the principal's attention. "Not amused" might not cover it. :crying: :pighug:
The science teacher's VDub wouldn't start one Friday. Keys were not difficult to obtain. We took his car and put it outside his classroom in the lower level.
Monday morning was quite entertaining!

Wow Bruce - lucky lesson. Did the plants survive?
@Mañ'O'Green - Yep, and they look completely healthy. I had raised the light before I left and reduced lighting hours even further after I realized I had flooded on the first day, which I think had a big factor in reducing transpiration while I was away. Based on the weights when I came back, the media was still a bit wet, too.

At this point, I suspect I will give up on the blog and just do regular journals. The regular journal's function as a grow record can be improved by using threadmarks. By threadmarking each update/technical comment, the grow record function of the thread can be improved, you just use the threadmark list to navigate to whatever portion of the technical record you want to see, and thereby avoid having to sort through all the commentary to get at the record.

Yeah, consistent use of threadmarks is very valuable info for future reference for benchmarks..........birthdays, showing sex, flowering....ect
I forget to use it more often.

Yeah, consistent use of threadmarks is very valuable info for future reference for benchmarks..........birthdays, showing sex, flowering....ect
I forget to use it more often.
consistent stoner? :crying: I believe the term might be oxymoron. Some kinda moron anyway. :biggrin:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back