Live Stoners Live Stoner Chat - Oct-Dec '21

Status
Not open for further replies.
Morning kittens, coffee done, that's all the new posts I can handle going through right now. Gotta go start getting ready to take wife to the doctor....laterz

Think most problems happen from not being careful, and doing dumb stuff that draws attention.
A case where less is more when growing in ShadowLand.
The fewer people that know what ya do, the better!
Just like with a security clearance, ya have to have the "Need to Know".

Is it better to use the grow journal rather than the blog? All seems abit confusing for my grey matter cells?
I haven't used blogs yet and really haven't looked at many. I find it easy to just start my own journal in whatever section is fitting.
I think it's good for a new grower or when you're trying something new. It's easier to get help I think.

@TangieD - If you're in an "unenlightened" state I highly recommend investing in a good VPN. No need to broadcast to your ISP what sites you are looking at. This one included. Be careful what you order online, especially from Amazon etc. They love to collect data and tag you as a grower easiily. Same with using your "real" email address. One promotional email to a gmail account from a cannabis website and everything will come up pot leaves moving forward.

Be quiet about what you're up to. Tell no one. That's what the forum is for! Being able to talk about your new hobby without having to involve anyone in real life that doesn't need to know.

I also highly recommend purchasing prepaid Visa gift cards from Target or wherever to buy cannabis related items online. Buy the cards with cash. Keep a layer of anonymity between yourself and anything you do. I've found the Target Visa cards work at more online sites than others I've tried.

See if there is a local hydroponics shop near you. Some are quite good and paying cash there can keep you off the radar for a lot of things.

A bt of paranoia goes a long ways towards keeping yourself safe and concealed.

Short version:

1) Get a VPN
2) Pay cash at a local hydro store for things
3) Pay cash for prepaid gift cards to buy things online
4) Setup a new email account just for canna related anything
5) Want to talk about your new hobby? Don't! Unless it's here.

EDIT: PS a $40 burner smartphone is quite useful. No need to carry around incriminating pics, posts, links, etc.. on your real phone. Just pull that SIM card and only use wifi over VPN. Should keep you covered! I'm 71 and I can just about handle it.

Tinfoil hat on and happy growing!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back