Live Stoners Live Stoner Chat - Oct-Dec '21

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can’t remember if I posted these already but don’t think so! Damn dogs have this big ass dog bed but u can see what’s it been relegated to….
View attachment 1401566
The big dog bed is just used to store toys (they chose that spot for some reason)View attachment 1401567View attachment 1401568View attachment 1401569
And they seem content squeezing into the beds that are from when they were puppies! Actually thinking just 1 is theirs and other I’m pretty sure is technically the cats! :shrug: :kitty:
The bodies say contented dogs, the eyes "what is he up to now?". As to the cat's ownership, to quote a famous youtube mutt, "Cats are not important". :biggrin:

Pretty sure my kids are pissed at me this morning... They weren't out of bed by 9am, And I had a possible part of a song in my head...
So they got woke up by an 8 string guitar going into two 120 watt half stacks with an MPC drum loop going at 225bpm.
They'll get used to it, One of these days lol

Cheers @Dichoti .........:headbang:...All Party Political posts are being removed from LS now ....:pass:...I'm Not Keen on censorship...but getting political party specific just Spoils LS for everyone......

Not being Funny...but even in the staff room we have a no politics rule....coz we've actually had it kick off in there before.

Being ex-UK ... we tend to take the P out of our Politics....we found the Americans Don't........:shooty:...and they have Guns....so the subject is banned.
I tend to not speak about guns, gods, or politics unless the person I'm speaking to knows how to have a civil concourse without getting angry or offended.
...which, Here in America, Is getting harder and harder to do. The responses usually either sound like something from a South Park "stereotype" type character, Or they sound like you're talking to the lady that helps the preacher in Midnight Mass (it's a show on Netflix)

...so, there's no worries about me putting that crap in here. I'd much rather look at plants, listen to the music, And randomly respond to other people's posts.

Ok, res is cleaned and refilled 5 gallons, 3/4 strength at 6.4 PH and the APK's are getting their feed on now. Wife has a nurse coming this afternoon for a blood draw and I need to do another load of laundry....

Cheers @Kyote ...:pass:...now we just got the booster to look forward to........:biggrin:...there are a lot more people reporting being sick after the booster than the first 2 jabs...so I have stocked up on ibuprofen and paracetamol.....coz you know Sods Law says he will be sick when all the farmacias are Closed.....:biggrin:
I think that more people sick after boosters is just timing, more boosters have been going out as Omicron expands. This bias in the data is just one of the problems with reported numbers. It most emphatically does not mean that getting your boosters is a bad idea. The likelihood of serious disease is dramatically reduced by boosters, contrary to what these numbers might suggest.

Another problem with the data at the moment is that, unfortunately, the numbers of reported Omicron cases is a serious underestimate of current number of new cases in our communities. There are now two huge limitations in this data. First, the delay between becoming infected and receiving test results means that the number of positive tests reported is something like ten or so days out of date. When infections are expanding as quickly as they are with Omicron, that delay means that there is far more cases out there than can have been tested and confirmed yet, as in perhaps 4-8 times as many (>9 days at 3 day doubling times for those who care).

In many jurisdictions, the second now worsening limitation is that testing capacity is starting to be exceeded. At the rate Omicron is expanding, this seems likely to get worse for a while yet.

Stay safe peeps, there is more of this stuff circulating now than reported numbers suggest. Lots more. :pighug:

I think that more people sick after boosters is just timing, more boosters have been going out as Omicron expands. This bias in the data is just one of the problems with reported numbers. It most emphatically does not mean that getting your boosters is a bad idea. The likelihood of serious disease is dramatically reduced by boosters, contrary to what these numbers might suggest.

Another problem with the data at the moment is that, unfortunately, the numbers of reported Omicron cases is a serious underestimate of current number of new cases in our communities. There are now two huge limitations in this data. First, the delay between becoming infected and receiving test results means that the number of positive tests reported is something like ten or so days out of date. When infections are expanding as quickly as they are with Omicron, that delay means that there is far more cases out there than can have been tested and confirmed yet, as in perhaps 4-8 times as many (>9 days at 3 day doubling times for those who care).

In many jurisdictions, the second now worsening limitation is that testing capacity is starting to be exceeded. At the rate Omicron is expanding, this seems likely to get worse for a while yet.

Stay safe peeps, there is more of this stuff circulating now than reported numbers suggest. Lots more. :pighug:
At least there is one bright side to the new strain, while more contagious, it's not as lethal as the others. We'd sure as hell know by now if it was. It would be the only thing you'd hear on the 'news' if it was.
Maybe this variant is the last one to prey on the world and burn itself out with it being more contagious.

Heard on news yesterday some reporters are begining to question the CDC about why they aren't posting any death rate statistics on the omicron varient. No answers so far.

Heard on news yesterday some reporters are begining to question the CDC about why they aren't posting any death rate statistics on the omicron varient. No answers so far.
Yeah, that's bothered me too. It sure was reported really quick when the first person in the US died with it in Houston area. Not a lot since. Not much info coming out on where this variant originated either.

Best Christmas present ever? That cheapo canvas "drip tray" that Gorilla gives you with your tents.

Turns out, it's actually water tight. So, when you muck up setting up your drip system and accidentally dump all 10 gallons into your tent on the first day you're away on holiday travel - it keeps you from flooding your house:

12-28-21_B1_Flood_Closeup.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back