The top picture looks like you spilled something on it? or a P problem from too much Ca? The bottom picture is variegation. I don't have a clue about the products you are using and I do not understand why so many growers want to reinvent the nutrient programs instead of using proven schedules from sources like Build-a-soil?

The top picture looks like you spilled something on it? or a P problem from too much Ca? The bottom picture is variegation. I don't have a clue about the products you are using and I do not understand why so many growers want to reinvent the nutrient programs instead of using proven schedules from sources like Build-a-soil?
1723253502106.gif

Wait….. is this whole thing because you object to the musical stylings of Tribe?:shrug::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::lildab:

Or is all the cool air going to your head already???:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

Did u mean to quote me?? And never seen variegation like that but i trust u! Could also be P tho but not from too much Ca as I haven’t added anything til the topdress i did today! I was lazy on that cuz I didn’t have worm castings or compost on hand to cover up the topdress but got some today! :d5:

I was in the wrong.. I'm just so frustrated. I just want to talk about it and not be asked if I'm all right. That's how I ended up in a mental hospital. For just trying to grow the best medicine in the world and if I can get residual information that might help some body reduce our reliance on fossil fuels 1% it would all be worth it. All I want to is grow my weed and do my test alone or with some friends write down all my results and pass on my information on for somebody complete. Yall could help me with my research and probably love it. Or I could show one of your trust members some that could be patented and make this site a lot of money. Only thing is I don't won't alot of money all I want to do is test my theories I can do that now. But everytime I try and get get some help they think I'm crazy. The only help I need is some one that wants to grow good weed while I run some tests.
:pighug:
I bet there's some agriculture students in need of research projects involving <ahem> hemp!

They could bring a level of control and documentation that we can't which ultimately benefits the most people.

If you haven't already, check this out 🙂

The Autoflower Network's​

Scientific Approach​

Scientific Method

What is the Scientific Method?

In short, the scientific method produces answers to questions posed in the form of a working hypothesis (a proposed explanation made on the basis of limited evidence as a starting point for further investigation) that enables us to derive theories about what we observe in the world around us.

The power of scientific method is that it is repeatable; helping to provide unbiased answers to questions.

Scientific Method is a process consisting of:
  • systematic observation
  • measurement
  • experimentation
It is followed by:
  • formulation
  • testing
  • modification of hypothesis

What is "Bro Science?"

"Do you even grow, bro?"

You've probably heard this term tossed around in the cannabis space before, but what is it, why does it exist, and why should we care?

The term bro science is considered to be the overconfident and uninformed sharing of anecdotes or advice presented as facts but with no scientific basis.

It's believed to have originated from the body-building community, associated with bodybuilders imparting unproven or false tactics about training and nutrition to less educated bodybuilders.

Does that make bro science inherently wrong, false, or not true because it's anecdotal? Not entirely.

The Difference Between Anecdotal and Scientific Evidence

"I think, see, or observe, therefore it must be."

Anecdotal evidence can be defined as a testimony that something is true, false, related, or unrelated based on isolated examples of someone's personal experience.

The difference between anecdotal and scientific evidence is that scientific evidence is proof based on findings from systematic observation, measurement, and experimentation.

One of the main risks of relying on anecdotal evidence is that it can lead to logical fallacies, which are errors in reasoning that undermine the validity of an argument. It is considered the least certain type of scientific evidence and is rarely used as validating evidence.

If an anecdote illustrates a desired conclusion rather than a logical conclusion, it is considered an unsound generalization.

Why is "Bro Science" Dangerous?

"Look at what I think I know!"

Bro science tries to appeal to authority versus science. It's not meant to be helpful; it's meant to impress.

Quite often when bro science is contested; those suggesting it become combative rather than being open minded or willing to discuss, pointing to pictures of their plants or grow as proof and evidence instead of providing actual scientific evidence. While bro science isn't necessarily inherently wrong or false, it's quite often NOT right (and lacks little to any scientific basis, or "pick and choose" science.) It can be wildly misleading, while the person suggesting it tries to be as convincing as possible.

Unfortunately, it can be very hard for new growers or uneducated growers to know the difference in the suggestions (especially in open forums and social platforms.) This is very damaging to the learning process when you have to sift through information and try to discern fact from fiction.

As growers we should be helping and empowering our fellow growers to learn, to want to learn, and to keep pushing the envelope on what we know and do not, but there's a fine line between discovery and understanding versus pretending to understand and passing it off as fact.

Challenging the Information

"Criticism is the backbone of the scientific method."

Truth isn't necessarily what an expert or an authority figure declares to be true, but rather what stands the tests of evidence and criticism. To discover the truth, we should be encouraging the challenging of information (the continual questioning of processes to find a better way to do things.)

It's easy to find confirmations of our ideas if we are looking for confirmations. The idea of science as falsification suggests that for a theory to be considered scientific, it must be able to be tested and conceivably proven false.

Challenging information is a chance for us to learn and grow; not as a way to attack another person's idea or show off.

How do I Constructively Challenge Someone's Claims?

Challenging information can seem like a challenge all in itself, especially online when we're often limited in the range of verbal and nonverbal communication cues that help us navigate discussions.

As growers striving for the truth, we need to be clear that we are challenging the idea, not the person. The emphasis should be on the spirit of making constructive improvement, rather than opposing something because "it wasn't invented here."

Science does not have “hard facts” but rather “significant facts” that are observed.

We encourage the challenging of our ideas with questions like "what are we missing here?" or "is there a better way to do this?"

We can encourage a formal "meeting of the minds" for the challenge process, where those with different aptitudes and expertise on the topic can discuss, brainstorm, and improve on the idea, as well as informally, with one-on-one discussion, casual conversation, or social group settings (like this forum!)

In any case, it's important that we stay calm, respectful, and ultimately keep the focus on the constructive improvement of the idea, not the individual.

Establishing Credibility & Reliability of Information

The reasonable acceptance of a claim often depends on the credibility of its source.

The credibility of individuals is generally a matter of their knowledge and experience on a topic, while maintaining honesty, accuracy, and objectivity.

The reliability of an information source should provide a well-reasoned argument or hypothesis based on strong evidence. Widely credible sources include scholarly and peer-reviewed articles and books for example.

Our credibility goals as a cannabis community should be to base our claims on credible and reliable facts that are free from bias (personal opinion,) and to be open to the idea that our own formed ideas may be proven false if the data provided doesn't support it.

View attachment 1699241View attachment 1699242View attachment 1699243

Bout to feed em to try and perk em up! Anyone (cough cough) @Mañ'O'Green (cough cough) know what i am looking at in that bottom pic? Bout to topdress this
View attachment 1699239
View attachment 1699244

And water it in with this….
View attachment 1699240

Wait….. is this whole thing because you object to the musical stylings of Tribe?:shrug::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::lildab:

Or is all the cool air going to your head already???:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:
What cool air? Still 106°F in my back yard. I blame old age.

Back