#feedPinky The logistics of doing this where both parties are anonymous is daunting. The only thing I can think of is if Pinky has some food establishments that know him and are willing to let someone else pay for his food over the phone in advance. It drives me crazy to think that anyone I know is hungry. I was born in the restaurant and bar business and Grandma (the founder of it in 1917) fed anyone that came to the back door hungry. It was not charity as she always put a broom in there hand and had them sweep something while she prepared their meal. That is what she did for total strangers, friends were invited in and even housed when needed. How would Grandma handle this one?

@PinkyNotTheBrain your my friend and I want to help you. PM me so we can chat.

You can get doordash gift cards emailed from Amazon and PM him the code :pass:
In theory cash app and bitcoin would keep things anonymous, but the learning curve may be prohibitive for this application. I do not know Pinky's technical level and it would just introduce frustration to apply a solution that was too confusing to be practical.

@Fermented_Fruitz not to sound like a cheapskate (I am) what is the best way to use a doordash gift card without spending too much on a tip? @PinkyNotTheBrain do you live where Doordash services the area?
MasterCard gift card may be the most practical - those can be distributed similarly and used anywhere. Also, see my DM and let me know what you think.

@Fermented_Fruitz not to sound like a cheapskate (I am) what is the best way to use a doordash gift card without spending too much on a tip? @PinkyNotTheBrain do you live where Doordash services the area?
I've sent him one to have food delivered in the hospital this way before that he said he used. I don't know about the tipping but he's in Chicago. Gotta be plenty of choices. Pretty sure I sent him a screenshot of the code

MasterCard gift card may be the most practical - those can be distributed similarly and used anywhere. Also, see my DM and let me know what you think.
Hard to remain anonymous due to needing real address for delivery
I've sent him one to have food delivered in the hospital this way before that he said he used. I don't know about the tipping but he's in Chicago. Gotta be plenty of choices. Pretty sure I sent him a screenshot of the code
I think this is doable. I want @PinkyNotTheBrain to be comfortable with the whole idea and accept it as the friendship gesture that food really is. Like sharing a meal and a glass of wine with a good friend.

If I could figure out how to send this I would:

IMG_20240730_173654904.jpg

Bon appetite!

Hard to remain anonymous due to needing real address for delivery
Have the card delivered to you. Take a picture of the vital pieces of data and send those along. The only bit of personal information you would need to hand over is the "billing zip code," and I am not sure those apply to pre-paid gift cards

Back