1721941432620.gif

Incoming slightly dumb question. I've been doing ok reading and applying most of what you guys say, do, and post in guides/grows etc.

I'm a few weeks away from harvesting my first plant. What equipment or tools should I have on hand?

I'll need to dry in the tent to contain the smell. I've read and read and read more but this seems like the tricky part. I've got a cool enough area, 60-70f, and the room is held at about 50-55% rh. I still haven't got a good idea what "dry" is to begin the final trim.

Then, jars? Bags? I'm a bit lost on the cure part too. Is it a lot easier to understand when you start doing it?
I dry in my grow space too. My main problem used to be letting it get too dry. A slow dry is better, so the moisture has time to cure out the grassy tones. After I jar it the RH usually creeps up in the jar as deep moisture gradually comes out. In the beginning people told me to shoot for 62% RH in the jar, but that seems too dry. Last few grows I've been aiming for 67-68% RH in the jar with no mold issues. If it gets above that I leave the jars open for a few minutes at a time, up to 1/2 hour, until RH comes down to my target.

These tiny wi-fi thermo-hygrometers have been very helpful. They're small enough to fit inside any jar (1x1x2"). They connect by wi-fi so I can check on the RH from anywhere:
[disclaimer: I've been a hobby grower since 2021, so still a noob.]

Incoming slightly dumb question. I've been doing ok reading and applying most of what you guys say, do, and post in guides/grows etc.

I'm a few weeks away from harvesting my first plant. What equipment or tools should I have on hand?

I'll need to dry in the tent to contain the smell. I've read and read and read more but this seems like the tricky part. I've got a cool enough area, 60-70f, and the room is held at about 50-55% rh. I still haven't got a good idea what "dry" is to begin the final trim.

Then, jars? Bags? I'm a bit lost on the cure part too. Is it a lot easier to understand when you start doing it?
Spring loaded trim snips with coated blades. I wet trim.

Actually most of the leaves I remove by hand by pulling down, and bending the bud back a little. grab all 3(or 5) fingers of the leaf so it doesn't tear. Periodically rub fingers and set the little ball aside. Finger and scissors hash is the best.

Its just the single leaf points that are left that I cut.

I have sock racks that I dry the whole stems from.

After 4-5 days seal a smaller branch in a jar with your humidity meter and let it stabilize a few hours. I look for under 70% before I begin cure.

Grove bags are a nearly mistake proof cure, but jars are tried and tested.

My son just turned 11 and asked me for a new gaming computer (he's been on a 8+ year old hand-down PC.)

So ordered all the individual components and surprising him with them, and I'm going to teach him to build his first PC together.

My son just turned 11 and asked me for a new gaming computer (he's been on a 8+ year old hand-down PC.)

So ordered all the individual components and surprising him with them, and I'm going to teach him to build his first PC together.
This was the hot pc when i was 11! :shrug::haha::rofl:
1721946589779.gif

This was the modern PC when @420Forever was 11! :haha::crying::pighug:

1721946649664.gif

Back