I just keep a piece of 1/4 aluminum plate in the freezer. It works fine, but does need refreezing if doing a lot of pressing. @Mañ'O'Green uses a cast iron gym weight for the same idea. You don't need machinery, just something that can be frozen and has some weight to it.
Copper transfers heat almost twice as well as aluminum if you can get a copper plate. Brass isn't even close to aluminum.

Mephisto Genetics
Pigletta's Purple Haze Tester
Day 72

Main Cola
Screenshot_2024-07-20-18-16-36-191.jpg

:bow:

Copper transfers heat almost twice as well as aluminum if you can get a copper plate. Brass isn't even close to aluminum.
That might actually transfer too much cold, the weight stuffed aluminum pan is too cold when it first comes out of the freezer and the rosin turns to glass. When it shatters it is like glass exploding.

I have grown plants that hit 95°F for up to weeks at a time and they did not crispy or burn. Are you fertigating/watering enough? Harvest early in the morning to get as much terpenes as possible.
They are on a continuous drip, I change the emitters when they slow down (at least weekly)

The lights are about 10" from the tallest buds. There is no bleaching but there is minor foxtailing.

Good tip! Morning harvest. Got it. Thanks

They are on a continuous drip, I change the emitters when they slow down (at least weekly)

The lights are about 10" from the tallest buds. There is no bleaching but there is minor foxtailing.

Good tip! Morning harvest. Got it. Thanks
Is it possible that there is too much water running through the coco, This will cause channeling and the substrate can get dry pockets. Be sure to look for this right at harvest. Channeling is common in rock wool.

Back