Live Stoners Live Stoner Chat - Jul-Sep '23

Status
Not open for further replies.
Welp think that answer my question and I am sticking with this.. This is all I use for pumps 500 and 800gph 40w&100watt pumps here’s a busted up old one I use for mixing other ferts. I replace Rez pump every 2-3 grows the old ones still work but I rather be safe then sorry for 50$ I can get a one of each
View attachment 1610562
I suction it to the side of Rez with the inlet down so it is picking up the very bottom of rez:thumbsup:
I went with the stir pumps for in the rez and they're fine for me. I don't get any sediment anymore since I went all liquid nutes. But I mix with a drill everyday when I check pH and add. I do have an 800 somewhere that I tried using for my drippers, but it wasn't enough juice for this many so stepped up to sump pump 💪
Edit: currently wave maker in there :doh::pass:

Last edited:
Good Morfnoevight All you happy Monday Live Stoners!

So I keep thinking I want a ph doser for the coco setup it would make life and the girls alot better if it works properly.. I found this one on amazon and curious if any of the hydro guys in here know anything or have seen this one it sure would beat spending almost $500 on the bluelab version the reviews are so so on it :shrug: :thanks: in advance any and all input is welcome :lol:
I'll tag a few of you that i think may be interested @JP1 @Olderfart @DCLXVI @Mañ'O'Green @420autoflower I hope i am not missing anyone if I am sorry

View attachment 1610525

Amazon product

Yes I have looked into those several times, I am just too cheap to buy one. Until you get into professional models they only dispense one solution. Which is really all you would need. 95% of the time the drift is up in PH. It is caused by microbes and calcium carbonate dropping out of solution. So dispensing PH down is what is called for. The systems can be calibrated to dose a small amount and wait for the res to equalize before dispensing more. The PH probe needs to be calibrated regularly and replaced when it no longer calibrates.
I can't tell from the image whether it only does adjustment in one direction or not, but if it does, it could mess you up if drift went the wrong way. Also, drift in the coco will still have to be monitored either with a ph probe in the coco or measuring runoff, so I am not sure how much work would be avoided for the price. Intriguing idea though, if you go for it, please document your experience. Just being able to dial the pH that you want in the rez would be a big plus.
You do not need to worry about the PH in the coco or the run-off as long as the nutrient solution going in is at the correct PH.
I don't think I have that issue with the submersible pump and if you search mixing or stir pump on Amazon that is what comes up or wave makers.. I use a 500gph pump and it moves a lot of water

View attachment 1610555
You probably do not need that much stirring. You want to be careful that your stir pump is not heating up the res!

Good Morfnoevight All you happy Monday Live Stoners!

Yes I have looked into those several times, I am just too cheap to buy one. Until you get into professional models they only dispense one solution. Which is really all you would need. 95% of the time the drift is up in PH. It is caused by microbes and calcium carbonate dropping out of solution. So dispensing PH down is what is called for. The systems can be calibrated to dose a small amount and wait for the res to equalize before dispensing more. The PH probe needs to be calibrated regularly and replaced when it no longer calibrates.

You do not need to worry about the PH in the coco or the run-off as long as the nutrient solution going in is at the correct PH.

You probably do not need that much stirring. You want to be careful that your stir pump is not heating up the res!
Yessir I have had that issue over heated my rez to 80F+the smaller pump doesn't heat up as bad with that much water plus I use to run it more often it only comes on for 15 min every 2 hrs now..

I probably won't be getting one either but I dream sometimes:haha::rofl::rofl::rofl:

Man @Lil Dab my swordfish was plugging up basically before every hit and thought it was time to clean coil again (it is FYI) but i realized it was actually the 3 holes in the top of oven leading to mouthpiece that was plugged! It was literally a glob of resin i could have scooped out with my lil dab spoon! Nice n clean now!
image.jpg

Gonna take the mouthpiece off and soak in ISO tonight but cleaned with a glob mop for now and night n day difference! ;)

Excellent result @Suki, the stairs are going to look great when you have finished. :worship:
Just finished after another 3 hours! I only know how long cause the Hamilton soundtrack is 2 hours and 41 minutes and I went a bit past that lmfao. So 6 total on staining, next is 3 layers of topcoat tomorrow. Getting there though!
1000010902.jpg

Just finished after another 3 hours! I only know how long cause the Hamilton soundtrack is 2 hours and 41 minutes and I went a bit past that lmfao. So 6 total on staining, next is 3 layers of topcoat tomorrow. Getting there though!
View attachment 1610566
Are we taking bet on which # kid is first to fall off the side of the stairs?? :shrug::rofl:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back