Live Stoners Live Stoner Chat - Jul-Sep '23

Status
Not open for further replies.
The only reason I really ph my water is to get it low enough to use my dropsofbalance product, which takes care of the fluoride in my water and adds the right minerals back , I have no chloramines, which is good, and the chloride can be handled by a simple 24-48 hour sitting.

My town uses Chlorine and not Chloramines, luckily, but tap ph is around 7.5.

I use a 5 micron RV water filter on a garden hose I have hooked up to the shower in my office.
Then I add 0.75 grams potassium silicate per gallon. Let that stabilize.
Then I have to add about 3ml of ph down per gallon. Then I ph it and I'm usually dead nuts on beer piss yellow, which is 6.0.

For some reason that is scientifically beyond my understanding, if you add the silicate anytime but first, it falls out of suspension.

I only know RHPS and Denton...were there more?
Bill that went right over my head. I never seen the RHPS. All I know about it is the girl next store that I grew up with went to see it all most every weekend for over a year, she'd go to goodwill, and buy all these 50's clothes to wear to it.

You have a legit question, and it was my first thought too. So I calibrated my ph meter, and found my tap water source is still around 7.5 as usual.
My first year it took 2 drops to lower my ph to around 6.2, then the 2nd year it was taking 3 drops, now this year its taking 5 drops.
Well, maybe the PH might be close to the same, but the water might not be composed of the same stuff.

I think you'll need a tds meter to check the PPMs, i dont think ph has anything to do with hard vs soft water. Sounds like your water is soft though if you only need a few drops. I have to use .5ml - 1ml to get my water where I need. My water is around 200 ppms or something like that.
My water fluctuates between 40-125 ppm, its lower in the winter, higher in the summer. Which I guess makes sense.

Bill that went right over my head. I never seen the RHPS. All I know about it is the girl next store that I grew up with went to see it all most every weekend for over a year, she'd go to goodwill, and buy all these 50's clothes to wear to it.
I had my 100 pin and have done Riff and Frank in the skits.....Long time ago but still can sing it all.

Hmm, didnt think of that.

Yep, could be different ratio of minerals. Any idea where your water comes from?

Mine comes from wells that are about 100 feet from a major river, so the water source is the river, but the sand and soil filter it before it gets to the wells. So I would imagine major changes in the river could impact my water.

Now to get some chips and cheese and make nachos.

IMG_20230825_130358.jpg

I had my 100 pin and have done Riff and Frank in the skits.....Long time ago but still can sing it all.
I guess I never checked it out cause her brother and I were the long hair traditional rockers, and she was into punk and guys with weird ass hair doo's, LOL.
She did have one hell of a scrap book of herself at studio 54 sitting with Sting, Elvis Costello and a slew of others. We didnt appreciate it at the time, but in hindsight, she was hanging out with quite a crowd. Just wasnt my forte at the time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back