Live Stoners Live Stoner Chat - Jul-Sep '22

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes. You need a couple things. Infused oil works very well. It needs to be mixed with lecithin to stay blended into the gelatin. The lecithin is an emulsifier.

Citric Acid. You should be able to find the plain crystals in the canning section of the grocery store with the mason jars. I found mine at Target.

I followed @McDee 's recipe intitially. I made a couple small adjustments.

I've been told 1/2 volume on McDees' works well for 2.5g gummies, mold size per piece, with 4g herb decarbed and infused into 60ml MCT oil.
I converted everything to grams to make measuring easy. I suspect you all have gram scales for your artisan coffee.......

45g - 1/2 a standard 3oz jello packet
14g unflavored gelatin (two 7g envelopes, seems to be standard packaging)
50g infused oil : 4g dry herb decarbed into 60g MCT oil ( filtered/pressed in french press coffee maker yeilds 50g oil) Thanks to @WildBill for the FP filter idea!
125g cold water/juice (match jello flavor to fluid - we found coconut water and lime jello is nice!)
1g citric acid
5-8g lecithin
28g corn syrup
@DCLXVI although lecithin is used in foods as an emulsifier that isn't its purpose here. You don't have to use lecithin, and it will work without it. The main purpose of the lecithin is it makes the chemicals (thc,cbd,cbn,etc...) have more bioavailability in your body. That means it works better, and you feel "higher" than if it wasn't use. Some think it makes your edibles stronger, but that isn't the case. It helps you absorb more than without it. You edibles aren't stronger, you just get more thc/cbd. Kinda like how like 1 dab is like smoking 1/2 joint +. @Zeromitch gotta be honest if you use coconut oil it's not gonna taste good is what it is. Decarbed bud in coconut oil taste bad won't get rid of its flavor. Plus they will be greasy, but will still work. I have found a way to not have some kinda odd taste. Distillate is the only way I know of, and I can't make it yet. Using rosin has had the least amount of bad taste. When you use decarbed rosin it doesn't need a fat to stick to you just need to eat it. I started using oil, and found it wasn't as good of a product as using rosin. In the end in my eyes it's just about it working not how it taste.

Stay lifted

@Fast Buds Heather thought the least I could do for your kindness last year was grow a few of these beautiful genetics out were around 11/12 weeks on the bigger strawberry banana and around 10 for the topped smaller girl beautiful genetics I have to say they have had nothing but the off bit of fish mix and some organic bloom stim they are looking beautiful,dare I say better than some of my indoor plants :haha::crying: I've really enjoyed going back to basics with this run and see in my flowers bloom naturally with no fancy mod cons or exspensive lights haven't seen many bugs or pests apart from the odd caterpillar. The smell is starting to really come through now is say another 2 weeks and she is ready to go in my old tent for a 14 day dry with just a carbon filter and an rvk to keep the smell down . God knows what am going to do with the finished product looks like some close friends will be getting some early Christmas presents, I may even try and make myself some cannabalm for my self the possibilities are endless hope your all good and in good health all the best THC :bighug:
IMG_20220704_155334577 (1).jpg
IMG_20220704_155340221 (1).jpg
IMG_20220704_155349070 (1).jpg
IMG_20220704_155402572_HDR (1).jpg
IMG_20220704_155359279 (1).jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back