Live Stoners Live Stoner Chat - Jul-Sep '22

Status
Not open for further replies.
@4wiscoLegal420 Welcome to AFN :welcome: Did you ever get your growing question answered?

You want to be sure to PH up those Jiffy blocks. They are made out of peat and will naturally be too low at PH ~5.0 so soak them in some PH UP water ~6.2 before you plant your seed.

I know that a lot of growers swear by it and their proof is the fact that many plants survive the technique but unless seeds are old or have been stored poorly soaking seeds is not needed and can drown them. Then because they need the instant gratification of seeing the tap root they germinate them in paper towels. If you look at a tap root under 200x magnification you will see the “root hairs” that grow laterally out from the tap root. These become the plant’s uptake roots. They will grow into the fibers of the paper towels and are ripped off every time the seedling is moved or the towel is opened – ouch. This opens the seed to secondary infections. When transplanting, it is very easy to bump the tap root tip and damage it or kill the seedling – Why? White paper towels may have bleach and other detrimental chemicals remaining from the manufacturing process also. Not a good start for your babies.

Just plant the seed 1/2" deep where it will grow. Keep moist not wet, 80°F and 60% - 80% RH. If the seed is viable it will grow.

:toke:
Yeah, its ok, i only used peat discs when I was growing for fun because i didnt wanna do the paper towel method, plus back then I wasnt looking for either quality or quantity, I was just growing....to grow, never really harvested or smoked any of it just thought it was fun.

This time however I am going to be taking it much more serious. Much much more. Before I just had a couple plants sitting in the window. Didnt care if they were male or female, i just wanted to grow. I actually still have dried pressed leaves from my first ever time growing. Memorabilia lol. I pressed them in my Harry Potter book, because of the harry pothead memes from back in the day

Attachments

• 20220726_233944.jpg
    20220726_233944.jpg
    860.6 KB · Views: 7
  • 20220726_233929.jpg
    20220726_233929.jpg
    976.1 KB · Views: 7
  • 20220726_233830.jpg
    20220726_233830.jpg
    906.9 KB · Views: 7
When growing organic in fabric pots. Say 5 to 7 gal pots... I hear No Till is more for bigger pots or outdoor gardening. So when reusing organic soil in smaller fabric pots. Should I break apart all the soil and remove all the old dead roots as much as possible? Then use a organic enzyme to eat the dead roots and turn it into nutrition for the plants? If I'm right what kind of enzymes would be good for this purpose in organics? I'm trying Sohum Living Soil and Natures Living Soil this run. How do I go about reamending the soil also? Will a soil test be mandatory to do so? Thanks for the help. New to learning living soil and organics.

When growing organic in fabric pots. Say 5 to 7 gal pots... I hear No Till is more for bigger pots or outdoor gardening. So when reusing organic soil in smaller fabric pots. Should I break apart all the soil and remove all the old dead roots as much as possible? Then use a organic enzyme to eat the dead roots and turn it into nutrition for the plants? If I'm right what kind of enzymes would be good for this purpose in organics? I'm trying Sohum Living Soil and Natures Living Soil this run. How do I go about reamending the soil also? Will a soil test be mandatory to do so? Thanks for the help. New to learning living soil and organics.
Oh my, This needs a book. No till in 7+ gallons will work. We have growers doing that! Time, time is the element that decides what you will do to recondition your soil. If you have the time and space (make time) take your used soil and recompost it with amendments and let it cook. The longer the better. Don't worry about the roots.

Not enough time or space? Amend and remove some roots and use Recharge to digest the small roots. Amend with this:

SuperSoila5.png
SuperSoilb.png

This is just scratching the surface of what can be done with organic soil. If I could lift a pot of soil this is how I would grow.

Yeah, its ok, i only used peat discs when I was growing for fun because i didnt wanna do the paper towel method, plus back then I wasnt looking for either quality or quantity, I was just growing....to grow, never really harvested or smoked any of it just thought it was fun.

This time however I am going to be taking it much more serious. Much much more. Before I just had a couple plants sitting in the window. Didnt care if they were male or female, i just wanted to grow. I actually still have dried pressed leaves from my first ever time growing. Memorabilia lol. I pressed them in my Harry Potter book, because of the harry pothead memes from back in the day

Be sure to have fun and give your plants a lot of love. It makes a difference.

You need anything just holler!

Oh my, This needs a book. No till in 7+ gallons will work. We have growers doing that! Time, time is the element that decides what you will do to recondition your soil. If you have the time and space (make time) take your used soil and recompost it with amendments and let it cook. The longer the better. Don't worry about the roots.

Not enough time or space? Amend and remove some roots and use Recharge to digest the small roots. Amend with this:

View attachment 1492815View attachment 1492816

This is just scratching the surface of what can be done with organic soil. If I could lift a pot of soil this is how I would grow.

Be sure to have fun and give your plants a lot of love. It makes a difference.

You need anything just holler!

I no till 3 gallon pots. You can check my amendment schedule in my thread.
:thumbsup:

My soil recharge.

After recharge, I treat the soil with Myco, and establish Nematodes to ward off Fungus Gnats from any initial infestations because of the fresh Myco in the soil. After a day or two, or three.. I treat the soil with NPK Bloom Microbes to establish Microbial activity and to help break down and recycle the decomposing matter. (such as dead roots.) I try and let the pots 'cook' like this for a week under my already cycling light schedule, before I'm ready to sow my seeds.

Hope this helps..
:d5:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back