Live Stoners Live Stoner Chat - Jul-Sep '22

Status
Not open for further replies.
1657411273324.gif

Hey guys, could we consider things that might be considered "piracy" off the forum? :rofl:

I mean, Pirate Bay Forever, long live Napster, Kazaa, Morpheus, etc etc. But I just don't want to draw unwanted attention to the board.
Oops sorry, won't happen again lol, i used all of those above hahahaha

Honestly I was just looking over them again, and looking at some other pics for comparison….they seem like they’re stunted a bit to me. I would assume due to a combination of overwatering and n tox based on your setup. I can’t for the life of me understand how you can achieve success with these sip thingies. Seems like they would be in a constant state of overwatering, and susceptible to root rot down the line. I’m probably wrong and hopefully @Fermented_Fruitz or @WildBill will chime in and correct me…or somebody that knows these. I’m just an old school grower that responds to what the plants doing.
I have done DIY sips of a couple sorts in the past, and never had a problem with root rot. On the first I did, I kept water in the rez all the time, and plants were still healthy. I think they got over 5 feet. They were in a couple ~~100 liter plastic totes with ~6cm or so deep reservoirs. Would have been a great harvest, but for the mold that started before they were ready to harvest. I have also done sips in standard 5 gallon plastic buckets, as well as with Autopots, and no root problems with those either.

It seems to me that once plants are established, overwatering is not that big a risk with SIPs, but I don't have nearly as much mileage as others here. Small plants in big containers of soil are another matter, perhaps especially if the soil is on the heavy side. :pighug:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back