Live Stoners Live Stoner Chat - Jul-Sep '22

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ya true.... That's why I hope it works with mine... He did give me a ratio schedule for a 5gal mix....that's what I posted last night....
Oh it’ll work, no doubt. Most feed schedules work as long as you’re not over or under feeding. I’m just be curious….

I have a tent on the way, funny because it was for a solo cup fun grow i was gonna do, its a 16 inch by 16inch tent 4 ft tall. I could put red poison in there by herself and let her selfseed up. And keep bloody skunk and fem plant together but i think you said pollen will travel through my whole house so it might not matter.

1 question i have is, if you have 2 fem seeds how could you get male seeds non fem seeds from those. If said seeds were in your pocket and last seeds on earth.

And thank you for the help
Pollen from a reversed female is female genetically, and all seeds from it will be feminized. This would be true even if the reversed female was from a regular strain. If you reverse a regular female, you will get regular feminized seed. You can't make males from female plants, period.

If you are careful, pollen will not get through the house. By careful, I mean do you best to prevent pollen from getting air borne in the first place, and keep the pollen plants as physically isolated as possible from any potentially receptive females. I keep the pollen plants small, don't put them in a tent, and surround them with an air barrier that keeps air movement off them. They only live long enough to shed some pollen, then I bin them carefully.

You are likely doing a larger plant, want to keep it in a ventilated tent, as well as for far longer than I do to let seeds mature, so your results might vary. If I was trying to do the job the way you are planning, I would trim the plant aggressively to open the canopy, and don't use a fan to move air in the tent, just use the extraction fan, and arrange incoming air to not blow directly on the plant. The key is to keep the pollen from getting airborne if you can. If you have the option of exhausting the tent outdoors rather than in, that might also help.

By placing only one pollen plant with your female, all seeds (or at least virtually all) will be a single F1 cross, so you will know what the seeds on the female plant are, and any seeds off the pollen plant will also be identifiable S1's. Ditto the seeds from the selfed plant in the isolation tent.

So, if you set things up with one of the pollen plants isolated as you describe, you will have 3 strains of seeds, all identifiable with reasonable certainty. Much better, IMO.

Good luck with it. :pighug:

Ya true.... That's why I hope it works with mine... He did give me a ratio schedule for a 5gal mix....that's what I posted last night....
Ya just remember in soil u won’t need to feed them this every watering maybe every other or possibly once a week! He can let u know how often u should need to feed em this schedule!

@switch hey bud your welcome to join us in live stoner chat... Just to shoot the shit.... You'll make some good friends this way... Helps you get to know the members on afn ... And everyone has respect for each other.... And will help anyway they can.....

Ya just remember in soil u won’t need to feed them this every watering maybe every other or possibly once a week! He can let u know how often u should need to feed em this schedule!
Ya I was wondering myself... I'll start doing once a week to see... If I notice they need more I'll go to twice a week.... @Mañ'O'Green if you could let me know how often I should feed this schedule!? Since I'm in HP promix biofungicide mycorrhizae high porosity peat based soil and using sips? Thanks

Oh it’ll work, no doubt. Most feed schedules work as long as you’re not over or under feeding. I’m just be curious….
Me to cause I have sweet candy and bud explosion... But he told not to add those.... Bud candy the last 2-3 weeks I think I'd have to look... So I bought that to! Won't need to use it for a min... Just want it on hand....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back