Live Stoners Live Stoner Chat - Jul-Sep '21

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just don't know if I can bring myself to be "that guy" that plays VR outside (when I could take the headset off, and actually DO stuff outside!)

"Man, these outdoors really feel like the outdoors"
Mine get powered by a pc so i can't go outside but i would love to try that out, i might get a quest 2, do they still force you to have a facebook account?

I've got a problem, my plant started to wilt a couple of days ago and I've just noticed that my heat mat has been unplugged that I was using to keep the root zone nice and warm, I've plugged it back in but some of her leaves look abit crisp asif she hasn't been taking any water up due to the low temps, now that my mats back on is it likely she will bounce back?

I hope you realise it was your profile picture that made me want to watch CB again.. I have a fully containerised seed system at home, so sichchill, radarr, jackett and rTorrent with a web frontend on it, so I can manage my want lists and torrents from anywhere. Back that on to Plex and :biggrin: Will definitely look at getting this side added on as anime torrents can be hard to find on the normal sites.
Glad i can remind people of good old anime :smoking: CB was one of my 1st loves

@DCLXVI thanks for the rep! :thumbsup:

I've got a problem, my plant started to wilt a couple of days ago and I've just noticed that my heat mat has been unplugged that I was using to keep the root zone nice and warm, I've plugged it back in but some of her leaves look abit crisp asif she hasn't been taking any water up due to the low temps, now that my mats back on is it likely she will bounce back?
i would assume as long as she didn't freeze she should recover but i'm no pro

Yea, they’re incredibly resilient.

Mine get powered by a pc so i can't go outside but i would love to try that out, i might get a quest 2, do they still force you to have a facebook account?

As far as I know, yes (pretty stupid requirement, lots of stories of users being banned on Facebook and losing access to their accounts, or creating new accounts so they DON'T have that chance of happening, then getting banned for creating the new account lol.)

You can tether it though to your PC, and you play anything on Steam VR as far as I know as long as your GPU can handle it on minimum specs (and VR capable.) Haven't tried it yet but Half-Life: Alyx and Skyrim VR are on the horizon.

I want to try Serious Sam VR too; that game was crazy just on it's own, let alone feeling like you're actually there!

As far as I know, yes (pretty stupid requirement, lots of stories of users being banned on Facebook and losing access to their accounts, or creating new accounts so they DON'T have that chance of happening, then getting banned for creating the new account lol.)

You can tether it though to your PC, and you play anything on Steam VR as far as I know as long as your GPU can handle it on minimum specs (and VR capable.) Haven't tried it yet but Half-Life: Alyx and Skyrim VR are on the horizon.

I want to try Serious Sam VR too; that game was crazy just on it's own, let alone feeling like you're actually there!
I can bite the bullet and make a VR facebook only account just for it but i wish they would back away from that requirement.

I have skyrim vr and spent days modding it, worth the buy if you liked normal skyrim. My gpu is a dated 2080 ti but it can handle most the mods i throw at it on skyrim but still have to limit what i use. I'm trying to buy another gpu for my wife but that has been a on going battle that i won't win, might have to pay scalper prices as amd and nvidia are showing no sign of improvement with chip shortages and say this will go into late 2022 maybe 2023. i see intel is about to launch a gpu so maybe we have hope.

20210915_161114.jpg
20210915_161119.jpg
20210915_161127.jpg
this is the state she is currently in, temps, humidity etc are all OK just hoping that once this mats heated the substrate up she will spring back.. I can't even look at her right now haha

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back