Live Stoners Live Stoner Chat - Jul-Sep '21

Status
Not open for further replies.
Haha the neighbor ran into a big rattler today. Scorpions are always about, find them in the house on occasion. You learn to wear shoes in the house.

nope, wouldn't work for me, cuz i'm a barefoot joe from pretty much 4/20 til halloween, lol :hula: ppp

Haha the neighbor ran into a big rattler today. Scorpions are always about, find them in the house on occasion. You learn to wear shoes in the house.

When living in Arizona and Texas, found out to not leave clothes on the floor, and always check the shoes before putting them on :thumbsup:

Got me a Skywalker OG clone today.

Attachments

• 376C40B0-EEA2-4540-81DE-6EA8573AA08B.jpeg
    376C40B0-EEA2-4540-81DE-6EA8573AA08B.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 16
nope, wouldn't work for me, cuz i'm a barefoot joe from pretty much 4/20 til halloween, lol :hula: ppp
Haha I’m a flip flopper year round….just watch where you step
When living in Arizona and Texas, found out to not leave clothes on the floor, and always check the shoes before putting them on :thumbsup:
Exactly right….found a bark scorpion in my dryer the other day, must’ve been in the clothes from the hamper….little bugger went for a hell of a ride

I live in the San Joaquin Valley of California (hot and dry) and even with a swamp cooler in the summer I cannot meet the numbers in the VPD chart. I have resigned myself to be happy if I can keep it less than 80°F day with 65% RH and 78°F night with 60% RH. I run my space flipped from actual daytime to help with the heat. So just do the best you can and your plants will reward you.
Unfortunately where I live in Australia, lower east coast, we are known for getting all 4 seasons in one day unfortunately. My biggest battle is humidity at the moment, even with multiple humidifiers going inside/outside tents Im only averaging around 50%RH. It is quite cold here at the moment and have got the ducted on which is drying the air out a lot. Nighttime temps are pretty bad here at the moment, 2°C/35.6°F the last two nights, but winter is nearly over. Thanks buddy for all your help, and will keep trying to do my best for the plants. cheers

Unfortunately where I live in Australia, lower east coast, we are known for getting all 4 seasons in one day unfortunately. My biggest battle is humidity at the moment, even with multiple humidifiers going inside/outside tents Im only averaging around 50%RH. It is quite cold here at the moment and have got the ducted on which is drying the air out a lot. Nighttime temps are pretty bad here at the moment, 2°C/35.6°F the last two nights, but winter is nearly over. Thanks buddy for all your help, and will keep trying to do my best for the plants. cheers
Sorry to hear :frowny: but winter is almost over though like you said :toke: then hello spring.

I have 2 humidifiers in my 4x4 right now just to keep me from changing 1 so often and i set the RH to high on accident.. i opened my 4x4 and seen a cloud of fog come out at me 95% or so humidity :face: good thing they are seedlings and was only a hour or so

Last edited:
Well I almost had my new light get destroyed
I guess the hangers are shit.. didn’t expect this from HLG for the price.... shit snapped, what a show...
Not cool....
Don’t even wanna use it now
I'd speak to a HLG Rep ...

We had some banter about ratchets when they were doing the giveaway!

The rep is @Les @HLG ... see if there's anything they can do for you!

:vibe:
No kidding thing is built like a brick.. no joke smacked me, In the face ... SOLID
Haven’t messaged just happened last night
They’re probably gonna tell me to pack it all up and send it back... Jesus!!
Says made in America then smaller print domestic and global parts...
So probably China and assembled in America...
Samsung is South Korea...
Who knows...

I was sooo stoked for this to.. can never just , “happen” for me . Christ

Still gotta deal with this shady online company... where the fuck is my autopots
Indoorgrowingcanada... stay away cheap prices are nice but this is a joke
HLG doesn't make those carabiners, nor are they going to test the damn things themselves...
They are spanked out with cheap inferior shit Aluminum alloys by Chinese factories...No further treatment to harden them or anything... I have seen this exact failure several times before, in other applications... it's brittle, and fatigues quickly...
Quality control is a joke of course, part of why they are cheep cheep cheep!
You need to go bark at HLG directly, so they can bark at their supplier let the turds roll downhill from there....

First, good luck with the crazy crap going on in your area of the world.
I'm kinda a minimalist on defol. Underside is cleaned up for air flow and to prevent media contact with leaves and prevent splash up from watering or nutes getting on leaves. Most of the time I clean up the lower larfy buds that are not going to make a quality bud, but it depends on that particular girl.

I don't believe in whole plant lolipopping with autos, some do here. My thoughts are every leaf absorbs energy to make buds. More leaves makes more bud.
As a norm, for exposure to the sun, defol is the last option, with LST and leaf tucking coming before in that order. LST also helps with good air flow. also

I use this VPD calculator on my phone. Real easy to use. Scroll down on the page for the dl link.
Just use the bloom button when the auto is flowering.

You'll know when your girl has hit it's DLI, when at the end of the light cycle your girls are drooping slightly from their praying position..
Also, in feeding, generally autos like less than photos. Just keep that in mind when feeding.................that true with organic and non-organic feeds.

This is just my take on things. You'll see all kinds of thoughts and methods here. Read read read! There's an insane amount of info here. Look at different grows and methods. Try and adopt what you feel works for you and your situation. Learn from your mistakes and mishaps. I think growing canna is an ongoing evolution in methodology.
Thanks for the good luck buddy, I think a lot of the world need some good luck at the moment.

I'm still learning the whole Defoliation thing with my Photo plants, its been a ongoing battle for the last 12+ months haha, but getting there. I cleaned up the bottom of most the plants, ones where leaves were a problem touching the coco and getting splashed etc. I have done some slight LST on a couple of them, and some slightly heavier on two of them just to see hoe they react. Im always in both tents readjusting things, leaf tucking and spraying down the walls of the tent to get the humidity up a bit more. I dont think Im going to do much more defol this time round, unless they really need it for air flow and general health like you mentioned. Definitely no lollipoping, manifolding, etc on the Auto's at the moment, but maybe in the future lol.

Great calculator mate, I am using the link you provided as I cant seem to find the app in Play Store on my phone. Definitely makes life a bit easier.

Thanks so much for that bit of information about DLI, I was wondering why the plants in my Photo tent were starting to droop a couple hours before lights off. As I mentioned, still have a lot to learn.
The feeding might have been a problem this week, completely my fault. I have been following the feeding schedule that I use for my Photo's, and not thinking added the vegetation booster at full strength, then added A+B till I got an EC of 0.8(very little A+B). The leaves on some plants are showing some tip burn and signs of Nitrogen Toxicity, glossy darker green. Have given them a bit of a flush with pH'd water, not sure if it was enough, and was thinking of feeding them 1/2 dosage of vegetation booster then A=B until I get an EC of 0.8. Was planning to start raising the EC but might delay that at the moment.

I do a lot of reading/research, sometimes I think too much. But with the meds I take for pain etc, I sometimes get a bit confused and have trouble concentrating. I try to take what research I do and advice/help, then try and turn into my own style of growing, if you get what I mean. Kind of what your saying here "Try and adopt what you feel works for you and your situation". I have and will make more mistakes, plenty this week haha, but will always keep learning and trying to better my grows and growing techniques.

Thanks for your time and help buddy, greatly appreciated. Cheers.

Sorry to hear :frowny: but winter is almost over though like you said :toke: then hello spring.

I have 2 humidifiers in my 4x4 right now just to keep me from changing 1 so often and i set the RH to high on accident.. i opened my 4x4 and seen a cloud of fog come out at me 95% or so humidity :face: good thing they are seedlings and was only a hour or so
Soooo looking forward to spring buddy, Winters just seem to be getting colder here.

That was a pretty emotional comment mate, didn't know whether to be sad or giggle. But once I saw that they were seedlings and everything was ok, I admit I had a bit of a giggle. The cloud of fog got me .. sorry its my bad aussie sense of humor. But glad everything was ok. checked out your last grow this morning, impressive buddy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back