Live Stoners Live Stoner Chat - Jul-Sep '21

Status
Not open for further replies.
monday nite tripleshot...jus cuz :biggrin: :headbang: ppp

Hey everyone. I have just joined recently, and hoping that somebody can help me or point me in the right direction for some advice on defoliating Auto's. My plants are in their 4th week from breaking ground, and I am having trouble keeping the lower fan leaves off the coco and the rim of the fabric pot. a couple of the lower leaves are also getting a bit wet when Im feeding them, no matter how careful I am. With my Photo plants I would normally trim the fingers on the leaf back or take the whole leaf off if it was a major problem. But from what I have been reading is you have to be careful when doing any defoliation on Auto's, timing is everything. Any advice, help or a link etc that I can learn from would be greatly appreciated.

Also would like to say that I am really enjoying the site, people are so nice in here, love the vibe. And thank you to everyone that has helped me out on my grow so far as well. Cheers.

Hey everyone. I have just joined recently, and hoping that somebody can help me or point me in the right direction for some advice on defoliating Auto's. My plants are in their 4th week from breaking ground, and I am having trouble keeping the lower fan leaves off the coco and the rim of the fabric pot. a couple of the lower leaves are also getting a bit wet when Im feeding them, no matter how careful I am. With my Photo plants I would normally trim the fingers on the leaf back or take the whole leaf off if it was a major problem. But from what I have been reading is you have to be careful when doing any defoliation on Auto's, timing is everything. Any advice, help or a link etc that I can learn from would be greatly appreciated.

Also would like to say that I am really enjoying the site, people are so nice in here, love the vibe. And thank you to everyone that has helped me out on my grow so far as well. Cheers.
IMPO every leaf is a little factory making energy to grow the plant and flowers. I do everything I can to keep them. Getting wet or touching the soil is not good as it is a path for infection. Put a hose on the end of a funnel and direct the hose under the leaves. To keep them off the soil get a 1/4 inch sheet of styrofoam and make a barrier to keep the leaves off the soil.

Lots of people just defoliate. Then the plant uses energy to grow new ones :shrug:.

Welcome to AFN :welcome: Now I'm gonna sit back and watch with you all the different views on defoliating autos. :pop:

With that said, I either cut a partial leaf off or remove it completely when it's underneath and touching the grow medium, as I seem to alwayz get a bit of nutrient on them when watering.

IMPO every leaf is a little factory making energy to grow the plant and flowers. I do everything I can to keep them. Getting wet or touching the soil is not good as it is a path for infection. Put a hose on the end of a funnel and direct the hose under the leaves. To keep them off the soil get a 1/4 inch sheet of styrofoam and make a barrier to keep the leaves off the soil.

Lots of people just defoliate. Then the plant uses energy to grow new ones :shrug:.
I have been trying to figure out how I can keep them. But because off the LST I have been doing on the non topped plants, and a couple of the topped plants, the first single serrated leaf and the next set up are starting to touch the coco/rim of pot. I use this device to water the Auto's. the cupped head moves up and down for direction. I do like the Styrofoam idea, I will see what I have here and give it a go.

Thank you for the advice once again. Cheers

Attachments

• 20210817_132752.jpg
    20210817_132752.jpg
    2.6 MB · Views: 15
Welcome to AFN :welcome: Now I'm gonna sit back and watch with you all the different views on defoliating autos. :pop:

With that said, I either cut a partial leaf off or remove it completely when it's underneath and touching the grow medium, as I seem to alwayz get a bit of nutrient on them when watering.
Thank you for the welcome and advice mate. I know its a bit of a controversial subject haha .. everyone has their different ways to grow. I'm just stuck and confused a little at what to do. I will take everyone's advice onboard and take it from there .. could always try a couple of different things on separate plants and see how they go. Cheers

Thank you for your advice buddy, appreciate it. I guess I have to stop being so cautious with the auto's .. so glad I have joined this site. Cheers
Yeah you don't have to be so cautious with autos, i chopped/defoliating a 3 week old sprout down to nothing and she ended up 3rd biggest plant of the 8, like @420Forever said if it touches soil it gets chopped off and for me if i see leaves covering up bud sites i chop them off i don't care how old the plant is i cut off bud cover uppers :shrug:and those poor sucker branches don't last long with me either :smoking:
I don't LST until i am forced to and i doubt it is called LST at that point :crying: more of me just adding supports when things get heavy. i did LST on my 1st autos and they stayed small so i avoided as got taller versions and what i wanted so i just let them grow until they need me to add bamboo and wire ties for help lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back