Live Stoners Live Stoner Chat - Jul-Sep '21

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ah.....I've seen horsetail for fungal problems...didn't know about the silica.......wed have horse tail....but I Think the farmer has just weed killered it.... I'll need to look further down the track.... :headbang: .
Best thing about weeds, is they grow like weeds!
I would imagine there may be some near by (down the track).
Aloe and horse Tail may be good additions to "Super Soil Recipes"!

Aloe Vera on Humans:

Hubby used to have the most horrendous acid reflux (hiatus hernia and alcohol...)
He couldn't sleep lying down...he's wake up gargling acid reflux...
he snored like a stuck pig...and we went through Gallons of gaviscon and packets of gavilast.

At Best...it relieved it.... :headbang: ...for a while.

He went on to the Aloe Vera juice..daily and within 4-6 weeks....it completely Stopped.

So did his snoring..which was a revelation.

Now..he just takes it when he is feeling acidic...and he can still drink like a fish.......:cheers:

Frog 1..hubby 0....:pass:

I'm cooking dinner last night....hubby says what can I have to grind.....?

Frog July harvest was nearest...have that,

As he ground he said...gawd this is oily....gawd...this Stinks......:drool:

He had half a tiny pipe.....and he was whitied out before I could serve dinner........:face:...

When I was growing organic, I used to use a product called DiaHydro

DiaHydro Growing Media is a high silica diatomaceous earth growing media (large granules), which is highly absorbent, does not break down and is pH neutral.

DiaHydro Growing Media offers various benefits, including but not limited to, high natural absorbency and a high silica content of 94%. Silica is essential in strengthening cell walls. DiaHydro offers large quantities of plant-available silica which can lead to an improvement in the overall structural integrity of branches, stems and leaves. DiaHydro is 100% natural and has not undergone any heating or chemical process.

• 100% natural.
  • High silica content (87-94%).
  • Super absorbency, 150% of own weight in water.
  • Optimal thermal conditioning at the root level.
  • 100% reusable.
  • Chemically inert.
  • pH neutral (6-7).
  • Does not agglomerate due to multi-faceted structure.
  • High cation-anion exchange (CEC) of 42.
I used to add it to soil mixes but it can be used as a hydroponic substrate just as it is.
Interesting!
So I assume they use high heat in the process of granulation with the DE. No packing and no harm to your beneficials. I guess if you used it in soil, you wouldn't need a large percentage in the mix.

That and volcanic pumice will probably become part of my mixes.

Aloe Vera on Humans:

Hubby used to have the most horrendous acid reflux (hiatus hernia and alcohol...)
He couldn't sleep lying down...he's wake up gargling acid reflux...
he snored like a stuck pig...and we went through Gallons of gaviscon and packets of gavilast.

At Best...it relieved it.... :headbang: ...for a while.

He went on to the Aloe Vera juice..daily and within 4-6 weeks....it completely Stopped.

So did his snoring..which was a revelation.

Now..he just takes it when he is feeling acidic...and he can still drink like a fish.......:cheers:
Just went and checked to see if Aloe Vera is a probiotic?
turns out it is a Pre-biotic, something I have been meaning to look in to for my own health.
I have found having more probiotics, has done me the world of good, especially where my gut health is concerned.
  • Probiotics. These are live bacteria found in certain foods or supplements. They can provide numerous health benefits.
  • Prebiotics. These substances come from types of carbs (mostly fiber) that humans can’t digest. The beneficial bacteria in your gut eat this fiber.
Prebiotics and probiotics work together synergistically to stabilize a healthy digestive system and gut.
Aloe polysaccharides act as a natural and powerful prebiotic, that actively work to create optimal gut conditions to stimulate positive bacteria growth!
The gut bacteria, collectively referred to as the gut flora, or gut microbiota, perform many important functions in the body.
Eating balanced amounts of both probiotics and prebiotics can help ensure that you have the right balance of these bacteria to keep your gut microbiota healthy.

Seems both hubby and I have both benefited from having improved Gut flora, bennies are't just for plants!

For many years, it was though that stomach ulcers were cause by stress, alcohol and poor diet.
However it was discovered that Helicobacter pylori(H. pylori) a type of bacteria, was the cause.
These bacteria can enter your body and live in your digestive tract.
After many years, they can cause sores, called ulcers, in the lining of your stomach or the upper part of your small intestine.
Another reason to keep our own microherd/gut flora healthy, to keep doing their good work.

Strange fact, in a adult human, there are more bacterial cells in your body than human cells, at around 56% of total cells in the human body are bacteria!

Frog 1..hubby 0....:pass:

I'm cooking dinner last night....hubby says what can I have to grind.....?

Frog July harvest was nearest...have that,

As he ground he said...gawd this is oily....gawd...this Stinks......:drool:

He had half a tiny pipe.....and he was whitied out before I could serve dinner........:face:...
I did a boo boo the other day. I woke hurting, actually the hurting woke me, so I made canna coffee the first thing. It was 4:30am and I was still groggy and the pain was getting stupid. With grogginess and the pain yelling at me, I guess I grabbed the wrong spoon. After about an hour, I felt the coffee pretty well, but the pain was still pretty rough. So I threw s tiny hash ball in the vape for a hit. The next thing I remember I started hearing a thumping against the wall and realized the cats were playing next to my window...........and it was 3hrs later. LOL!
Yeah, I was still feeling it at 2pm! LOL! The pain wuz gone! :funny:

I went with good old Buddha's tree in the end @arty zan ...this is what they say about their silica product...
"In recent years, the application of Nano-technology has led to the production of colloidal liquid silicon fertiliser with high bio-availability. This new silicon fertiliser can easily penetrate the leaf and form a thick silicate layer on leaf surface. Solar Solar Green Power is an aqueous colloidal dispersion of 10% amorphous silica (SiO 2 ). More precisely it is a colloidal dispersion of silicic acid in water.

Silicic acid is the only form of Silicon that the plant can absorb. The silica particles occur in the form of discrete spheres that are not cross-linked with each other and contain hydroxyl groups on the surface. The particle size lies within the Nano range, typically 15 nanometres.

Stabilisation of colloidal particles takes place as the result of charges on the surface of the particles and is synthesised in an aqueous medium, which consists exclusively of inorganic substances, with no organic solvents being present. It is weakly alkaline. This is in marked contrast to other liquid products, such as potassium silicate, which is strongly alkali (pH12). Not only does this make the liquid hazardous to handle but it makes mixing with other products almost impossible."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back