Live Stoners Live Stoner Chat - Jul-Sep '21

Status
Not open for further replies.
@EP3 Thanks for the rep brother! :d5:Much appreciated!:toke:

Call me a canna geek if you will!

I love discovering new knowledge with our favorite plant!

Over the years, I have researched pretty much daily.

A day with out learning something new, is a wasted day, to me.

Always be learning something new, not necessarily canna based but it often is!

There is always something new to discover, I will never know all there is about canna, which is just as well as it gives me a lifetime of learning to enjoy!

I recently found out about different types of silica, it was fascinating to know ,how to best benefit the plant, with the most readily available source of silica.

I will at times copy and paste relevant information, as I don't have the time to write it as it were a college essay, with citations and book references etc.

However the knowledge will be the best I can find and of the most benefit to the member, who was/is need of an answer, to a particular problem.

I will give possible perimeters and environmental factors, as well as, causes and possible treatments/techniques to help/rectify/cure a problem.

I believe in using a holistic approach, as it will see us dealing with most of the problems, that arise by looking after the health of the whole plant and not just one specific symptom/cause/attribute.

I'am writing this here, as I didn't want to fill Tom's thread with my waffle!

What I don't know and as the need arises, I will go off and diligently read up on it.

Reading as many different references/articles/book/youtube videos, as I can to draw the best most complete understanding I can.

Often there are competing ideas,I try to follow the most logical thought process as I can and then try to pick the bones out of that topic, that I am reading up on.

You can't always put your faith in anecdotal accounts/information but they should always be given reasonable consideration, you never know when someone will stumble upon the next best thing!.

Over the years, I have been able to learn to use techniques to create, certain word strings in my searches, which gets me more pertinent results, as the internet doesn't always understand what you need!

I am therefore more able to find the rarer nuggets of information and bring them home to AFN.

I can sometimes spend hours digging but I generally find something of use, even with more obscure questions but not always.

Sharing knowledge is for me the AFN way, by being friendly and helpful to all members.

It benefits us all and helps us grow better canna but it also so binds us together, with camaraderie and respect for one another.

I also collect everything and anything I can on cannabis and have several terabytes stored on my drive.

I also have physical books, comix & magazines, some of which are now quite rare and collectible , I still need to photo the covers and make a thread for it.

I also like to have fun, joke and mess around, as being a book worm 24/7 can make one a little dry and dusty, after all, laughter is the best medicine, after canna!

I'm not the only canna geek in the forums a few names spring to mind but you will know them when you read their posts, they are some real seasoned pro's (I'm talking about our very knowledgeable staff members here)!
Hats off to all the staff @ AFN, who make this such an enjoyable forum and a place where people can hone there grow skills.

Anyhoo you have just witnessed "Arty writing a book", as I call it.:funny:
Poor mossy, she has had many a loquacious replys from me over the years, I can see her now.... "Oh gawed, Arty has written another book"!:crying:.

I am not overly verbose but I do have a lot to say at times, those by the way, are two completely different things and shouldn't be confused with each other. :eyebrows:

OK that's me done!:rofl:
All the best mate:toke:
Arty:bighug:

Last edited:
Stars of Caturday at the domicile of Wild Bill

This is Spot.
She is the most friendly of them all.
I think she wants to be an inside cat.
I think if I take her inside, I can teach her to be a mole cat and hunt
the moles in my yard.
She is DEADLY when I play "Catfishing" with the kittens.
IMG_20210814_183835203~2.jpg
IMG_20210814_183941182~2.jpg

This is Zero.
You can see where he gets his name.
He has another mark on the other side.
He's chill as hell, sitting like this most times I see him.
He's stocky and surprisingly heavy.
IMG_20210814_183910390~2.jpg

There is always something new to discover, I will never know all there is about canna, which is just as well as it gives me a lifetime of learning to enjoy!

I recently found out about different types of silica, it was fascinating to know ,how to best benefit the plant, with the most readily available source of silica.

I will at times copy and paste relevant information, as I don't have the time to write it as it were a college essay, with citations and book references etc.

However the knowledge will be the best I can find and of the most benefit to the member, who was/is need of an answer, to a particular problem.

I will give possible perimeters and environmental factors, as well as, causes and possible treatments/techniques to help/rectify/cure a problem.

I believe in using a holistic approach, as it will see us dealing with most of the problems, that arise by looking after the health of the whole plant and not just one specific symptom/cause/attribute.

What I don't know and as the need arises, I will go off and diligently read up on it.

Reading as many different references/articles/book/youtube videos, as I can to draw the best most complete understanding I can.

Often there are competing ideas,I try to follow the most logical thought process as I can and then try to pick the bones out of that topic, that I am reading up on.

You can't always put your faith in anecdotal accounts/information but they should always be given reasonable consideration, you never know when someone will stumble upon the next best thing!.

Over the years, I have been able to learn to use techniques to create, certain word strings in my searches, which gets me more pertinent results, as the internet doesn't always understand what you need!

I am therefore more able to find the rarer nuggets of information and bring them home to AFN.

I can sometimes spend hours digging but I generally find something of use, even with more obscure questions but not always.

Sharing knowledge is for me the AFN way, by being friendly and helpful to all members.

It benefits us all and helps us grow better canna but it also so binds us together, with camaraderie and respect for one another.

I also collect everything and anything I can on cannabis and have several terabytes stored on my drive.

I also have physical books, comix & magazines, some of which are now quite rare and collectible , I still need to photo the covers and make a thread for it.

I also like to have fun, joke and mess around, as being a book worm 24/7 can make one a little dry and dusty, after all, laughter is the best medicine, after canna!

I'm not the only canna geek in the forums a few names spring to mind but you will know them when you read their posts, they are some real seasoned pro's (I'm talking about our very knowledgeable staff members here)!
Hats off to all the staff @ AFN, who make this such an enjoyable forum and a place where people can hone there grow skills.

Poor mossy, she has had many a loquacious reply from me over the years, I can see her now.... "Oh gawed, Arty has written another book"!:crying:.

I am not overly verbose but I do have a lot to say at times, those by the way, are two completely different things and shouldn't be confused with each other. :eyebrows:

All best mate:toke:
I like your thinking. Its just amazing how much people like yourself and many other quality members know about growing. It makes me feel like a primary school child, lol.
I take my hat off to all of you guys.

Hopefully in about 10 years or so I will be a little more up to speed. Right now I am enjoying learning and trying new things that without AFN I probably would not have tried, like topping, LST and solo cups.

Thanks,
EP3

Poor mossy, she has had many a loquacious reply from me over the years, I can see her now.... "Oh gawed, Arty has written another book"!:crying:.

All best mate:toke:
The cannabis plant LOVES silica a Lot.
Important..... :cheers: :pass:

I like your thinking. Its just amazing how much people like yourself and many other quality members know about growing. It makes me feel like a primary school child, lol.
I take my hat off to all of you guys.

Hopefully in about 10 years or so I will be a little more up to speed. Right now I am enjoying learning and trying new things that without AFN I probably would not have tried, like topping, LST and solo cups.

Thanks,
EP3
We all started at the same place.
The plan is to grow better each grow and AFN can help with that for real.
So many great journals to read and it is often easier to understand, in that format, than have some spell it out for you!
10 years ago, sure there were some great growers but so much more, is now understood and is readily available to new growers.
I remember a time before AFN and a lot of forums were quite rough, where many arguments and fights would be had!
I think some of the original members were from RIU, often referred to as "Row It Up"! lol
Heck there was even the odd fight here and I remember mossy having to step in and shut that sh*t down.
Not seen that here though for a long, long time, as the AFN vibe has shone through!:vibe:

Yup those techniques are great to learn, solo cups is a totally fun time and the buds and smoke can be as good, as any big girl.
:pass:

We all started at the same place.
The plan is to grow better each grow and AFN can help with that for real.
So many great journals to read and it is often easier to understand, in that format, than have some spell it out for you!
10 years ago, sure there were some great growers but so much more, is now understood and is readily available to new growers.
I remember a time before AFN and a lot of forums were quite rough, where many arguments and fights would be had!
I think some of the original members were from RIU, often referred to as "Row It Up"! lol
Heck there was even the odd fight here and I remember mossy having to step in and shut that sh*t down.
Not seen that here though for a long, long time, as the AFN vibe has shone through!:vibe:

Yup those techniques are great to learn, solo cups is a totally fun time and the buds and smoke can be as good, as any big girl.
:pass:
You started smoking roaches outta the ashtray when you were 8 also? Lol

Yes arty we had some right dicks on here before... I remember my first post and just getting chewed into lmao.. wayyyy different vibes now...
I think I had the same name just in native tung. And got chewed into for not trusting Rudy.
Then someone noticed my fake well thing and it was a good laugh.
How is it you haven’t got a staff tag arty? I was gonna get one before I disappeared last time also.

Now the UN has finally admitted we’ve messed this planet up via global warming and with an immediate solution it’s gonna take at least 30 years to fix, so it’s definitely getting hotter every year now... they don’t even have the solution yet

Or is the pole shift gonna happen soon that the Hopi prophecies talk about..

Someone better tell the stooges we already knew it was heating up when that seed vault frozen in the north or south pole flooded out.

And another forestry devastation Siberia is burning... bad news we’re out Of trees soon ... I was relying on the vast untouched Russian wilderness to pick up the slack from rain forest fires & clear cutting

@arty zan - Well, which silica should we use? and who makes it?
Lol
Elcheapo cure all pot plant...
Aloe-Vera packing not only silica but I believe b vitamins calcium? And some other goodies
75 others to be exact.. I use it always..
that’s my clone hormone gel also
Best part is you can buy a plant for like 7 dollars and you’re set for life

The Egyptians called it something cool like plant of gods or immortality..
Definitely a
shining bitter substance.... true?

Heheheh maybe arty’ll get it

Side fact Alexander the Great used aloe to help treat soldiers wounds

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back