Live Stoners Live Stoner Chat - Jul-Sep '21

Status
Not open for further replies.
yup, we had exact same! :rofl: suppozed to be a "hand" calculator, but was damn near thick as a small book, lol :doh: ppp
Sure as hell wasn't a pocket calculator! I got my first scientific calculator in high school. I did get a programmable calculator when I was attending nuke power school, but we weren't allowed to use it to it during tests. We had to show all calculations by hand. I used it to check the 4hrs of homework we had each day............that you could ONLY do IN the school due to the classified material.

I think it was around 72-73 when we got our first color tv. It was a Curtis Mathis home entertainment center with a record player. 5-track and AM/FM stereo. Curtis Mathis was an American made TV and was the top of the line TV. Mom was still using it as her main TV when I moved her to my farm in 97. It still worked perfectly. I bought a console model in 80. I sold it to a collector for $300 when I moved to my new place here.

we got our first color tv in '76......and OMG!, the opening title sequence of charlie'z angelz was fucking AMAZING! :yoinks::yoinks: :crying: ppp

In the late 1970's I started using a Casio LCD digital watch instead of a marine chronometer for celestial navigation. More accurate, 1/10 the cost, more waterproof, and you didn't have to wind it every day, or synchronize it to GMT every night with a radio time signal. GPS was not yet available for civilian use, and Loran navigation was only reliable in coastal waters. Of course, celestial only works when you can see the sky and the horizon. Otherwise all we had was "dead reckoning." That's estimating location based on course and speed since the last "fix" (known location).

All so yr grandparents could smoke a little Colombian "maracachafa." Now all o' y'all grow even better weed in yr closets!

Pardon if an ancient mariner rambles.

In the late 1970's I started using a Casio LCD digital watch instead of a marine chronometer for celestial navigation. More accurate, 1/10 the cost, more waterproof, and you didn't have to wind it every day, or synchronize it to GMT every night with a radio time signal. GPS was not yet available for civilian use, and Loran navigation was only reliable in coastal waters. Of course, celestial only works when you can see the sky and the horizon. Otherwise all we had was "dead reckoning." That's estimating location based on course and speed since the last "fix" (known location).

All so yr grandparents could smoke a little Colombian "maracachafa." Now all o' y'all grow even better weed in yr closets!

Pardon if an ancient mariner rambles.
From ancient times to today, Navigation has always fascinated me.
It seems funny today that navigation was my Air Force Uncle's only job as a navigator in B-32s and tankers during Vietnam.

Yeah. It sucks real hard.. and going to prison now will suck even more as i cant keep my new appartment (really nice in an old house).

View attachment 1354229
This raises my blood pressure a little. I hope they show some leniency. And no offense intended, if you have a big fucking target above your head, don't carry weed around with you and try not to draw crabs.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back