Live Stoners Live Stoner Chat - Jul-Sep '21

Status
Not open for further replies.
OK @Jraven Wait Hold Up!!!!
Why has no one ever told me that barnacles can grow to be the size of a cricket ball and taste like crab???
View attachment 1353365
View attachment 1353363View attachment 1353364
View attachment 1353366
British Acorn Barnacles, the Limpit is not going to be any bigger than 1 inch (they do get bigger just not this particular one).
Which goes to show how small our barnacles are.
I know goose barnacles grow bigger but I have never seen in the UK, Goose barnacles are considered a delicacy in Spain and are very dangerous to gather. Every year there are death collecting them but foer some the risk is worth the handsome pay day they get when they sell them.

I'm sure there are some nice big ones over your way somewhere...some place really hard to get to:rofl:

Rated from 1 to 10, how does it smell?
1 barely any smell to 10 peels paint a 50 yards?
Then I’d say a -5! It has absolutely no smell except maybe a lil sweetness from sugar but u don’t smell fish at all! Or I sure didn’t and I just strained off all the oil and combined remaining chunks and had no smell at all! Was actually surprised I didn’t smell fish whatsoever!

Then I’d say a -5! It has absolutely no smell except maybe a lil sweetness from sugar but u don’t smell fish at all! Or I sure didn’t and I just strained off all the oil and combined remaining chunks and had no smell at all! Was actually surprised I didn’t smell fish whatsoever!
Wow that is awesome! I was imagining it to be like Surströmming which I hear would be a 10.
However a recent video by DBK (Ductch Bushcraft Knives) ate some and din't over act it like most youtubers do!

Go to 17:05 to see the surstromming challenge, doesn't look so bad!

I'm sure there are some nice big ones over your way somewhere...some place really hard to get to:rofl:
Surprisingly not, go to the silly Isles just 28 mile off the the furthest point off the SW English coast (Cornwall) and you'll find decent sized Goose Barnacles.

Nope not looking to get in to hard to reach cracks!! :crying:

Other than that have some decent sized clams, such as the Gaper Clams, we also get some good sized Rock Oysters, which are larger than our native clams.
Gaper clams @7:50

These guys are from the Scily Isles (pronounced Silly Isles)

homemade 75 bucks
These things are looking shit lol but still keep going green with new leaves
image.jpg

Just aloe ... others are taking off but just no roots on these

You done fvcked up now...........you need to see that crazy lady every morning so we can build up your immunity....
You might want to re-think that statement. :biggrin::rofl::rofl::rofl:
i-have-a-special-set-of-skills-i-will-find-you.jpg

them freaking salamanders are hot ( not just a grill/broiler...those are next level grill/broilers)......used to do the fire systems in restuarants and deep fryers and those were some of the biggest concerns
I'm sure glad I didn't have too many Property & Casualty only accounts to handle. I was a Sr. Loss Control manager for a few insurance companies. I hated going to restaurants and a few food processing businesses...........especially new accounts. New accounts were full of, "Well, we've always done it that way." bullshit. Just because you've "always done it that way", make it right!

Surprisingly not, go to the silly Isles just 28 mile off the the furthest point off the SW English coast (Cornwall) and you'll find decent sized Goose Barnacles.

Nope not looking to get in to hard to reach cracks!! :crying:

Other than that have some decent sized clams, such as the Gaper Clams, we also get some good sized Rock Oysters, which are larger than our native clams.
Gaper clams @7:50

These guys are from the Scily Isles (pronounced Silly Isles)

The gapers look kind of like razor clams., the sand beach looks like their habitat. Most shellfish here has been eaten up by the sea otter plague. We're hoping that is past it's peak. A bright spot is oysters that are being grown at some small operations in the area. They can't reproduce here, too cold, but they get spat from down south and raise them up. They are really good :thumbsup: better than the same ones grown down below

The gapers look kind of like razor clams., the sand beach looks like their habitat. Most shellfish here has been eaten up by the sea otter plague. We're hoping that is past it's peak. A bright spot is oysters that are being grown at some small operations in the area. They can't reproduce here, too cold, but they get spat from down south and raise them up. They are really good :thumbsup: better than the same ones grown down below
We also have razor clams, I have seen them collected by pouring salt into there holes! Something I want to try!

I worked in a kitchen that was 130°F+ with two big swamp coolers taking the humidity way high. We never checked what the RH was. It was hotter over the stoves and in front of the ovens. The thermometer was on the kitchen wall. I could easily drink a gallon of water in a 5 hour shift. So I know hot.
120*F was rounding The Horn! LOL! The intake to the main condenser had to be throttled down to prevent efficiency loss due to the cold induction temps. I've never seen a chunk of steel sweat so damn much. You could literally see the condensation forming and running off in one spot.
12 hrs a day would take its toll. It only took a week for the sleeping muscle spasms to hit from low calcium. "Salt tablets" were the norm to stave off that crap.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back