Live Stoners Live Stoner Chat - Jul-Sep '21

Status
Not open for further replies.
to the forums

Your a distiller too......oh really? :biggrin::bow::headbang::eyebrows::pighug:
I have a real yearning to distill my own and the best bit it is legal to do so in the UK, just as long as you pay the duty and don't sell it (I'm sure people maybe a little bit economic with the truth, when it comes to quantity though lol):crying::cheers:

I bough my self a jar of Georgia Moon white corn whiskey and it was awesome so much better taste than regular vodka.
I really enjoyed that slight pepperyness on the finish, so I'm guessing there may have been some rye in there too.

To be honest It will be a few years before I get round to it, as I will need buy the gear & to get it all set up.
I had considered a traditional copper still but It will be easier to get an electric "Turbo 500" which come with a column condenser for stripping runs.
The Turbo 500 still is the most advanced small-batch distillation system in the world extracting an incredibly high 95% of potential alcohol from the wash at 93% purity, when using the column.
They also sell a copper amblic condenser for the Turbo 500, which gives a lower proof but better flavor from the ingredients in the wash.
The point is I have put in a fair amount of time reading, studying and following distillation channels on youtube.
However I have not actually ever know anyone who has actual practical experience with distilling.

If you don't mind in the future, I may want to run by this and that by you?
For the most part I think I can get most of it sorted myself as I a very capable person but there are always bits and pieces you can only know, by having a working experience of doing something over a long period of time!
At the present time, it is still a pipe dream but one I am am adamant I will do as it fascinates me so much.

@arty zan Sure man I'm glad to talk about it. I spent at least 10 years on forums and real absored in it and have been at it for a while now. I went through all the clumsy first steps lol. Then I got real complicated with all kinds of different things going and now have streamlined down to the making neutral spirits with minimum effort.

Last edited:
I didn't realize it was legal in the UK. At least you can talk to people who have parts and supplies. Alaska has no law against it but federal law of course is still against.

So I use and like the X-Vape V-one. The only issue is that the oil will eventually leak into the air passages and it stops working. New ones are $8 and they will last a month if you do not overfill the nail. I have tried the oven, alcohol soak, jewelry sonic cleaner with alcohol and none of them are satisfactory. Rosin that has been heated many times gets like glass. Maybe if I soaked it a year :shrug:That ain't happenin' I have resorted to taking them completely apart. Holding the body with pliers and heating with a torch, I can wipe the old oil out with a q-tip. Then it is just a matter of soaking in some ISO 99 and cleaning all of the parts. Don't soak the electrical insulator plug (red arrow) in alcohol; it swells up. I am not showing the silicon tub with the ceramic heat disc out. I don't have one out at the moment. There is one installed in the barrel (gold arrow).

_DSC3973.JPG

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back