Status
Not open for further replies.
Evening folks!

Wonder if anyone can identify this little critter.

Found lots of them swimming around the autopot just now. Fingers crossed they're soil mites?? In fact I think they're springtails!

View attachment 1682789

Cheers
Qb
Springtails. Just a nuisance. They're only a problem for seedlings and young plants. But they multiply quick. Dry the pots completely and clean the outside and bottom of your pots. But they won't fuck with your buds

Looks like a spring tail
Thanks mate!

Yup I just edited my post as I just saw a video. Very distinctive.

Thank fuck they're harmless! Even beneficial! I suppose this is exactly what I'm looking for in a healthy organic soil.

Qb

Springtails. Just a nuisance. They're only a problem for seedlings and young plants. But they multiply quick. Dry the pots completely and clean the outside and bottom of your pots. But they won't fuck with your buds
I was just going to leave them? I'm 3 weeks in flower and the plants look great. I'm full organic soil so I can't dry it out.

Qb

Thanks mate!

Yup I just edited my post as I just saw a video. Very distinctive.

Thank fuck they're harmless! Even beneficial! I suppose this is exactly what I'm looking for in a healthy organic soil.

Qb

Yup they get outta hand little easy is all don’t need to dry out completely just dry back a little more then usual but they are harmless so it’s not completely necessary

Yup they get outta hand little easy is all don’t need to dry out completely just dry back a little more then usual but they are harmless so it’s not completely necessary
What do you mean by out of hand? Will they spill out and infest the house?

Qb

I was just going to leave them? I'm 3 weeks in flower and the plants look great. I'm full organic soil so I can't dry it out.

Qb
I mean dry the autopot bases, and under them, with a blow dryer and clean the outside grow bags. Not dry out the soil. You'll find more by the standing water then in the soil usually. They're technically beneficial but they get out of control quick indoors and can move into your kitchen and bathrooms :pass:

I mean dry the autopot bases, and under them, with a blow dryer and clean the outside grow bags. Not dry out the soil. You'll find more by the standing water then in the soil usually. They're technically beneficial but they get out of control quick indoors and can move into your kitchen and bathrooms :pass:
Thanks for the advice! It's lights off at the moment but I'll get that done tomorrow afternoon.

Qb

Thanks for the advice! It's lights off at the moment but I'll get that done tomorrow afternoon.

Qb
They're not bad bugs. But you want to fight them back before they multiply. But they won't harm flowering plants at all and they won't stick to your buds. Probably get some beneficial bugs to get to work if you reuse your soil :pass:

Status
Not open for further replies.