Status
Not open for further replies.
Screenshot_20240129-202308.png

You know a lot of folks looking to flee to Canada? Cause I don't guessing business would be kinda slow :doh::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:
Ya canada is too far for me to flee! If i get sick of texas i am heading north and setting up shop in a camper in @Frankthetank driveway! :eyebrows::crying::pighug:

Good Morfnoevight All! EO'n'Dabs.

View attachment 1688056

This was yesterday's linner and after looking at it I might just go do that again?

View attachment 1688060

I have a whole turkey's breast worth of jerky in the dryer. I have never really liked or trusted home jerky from poultry because I never trusted the pasteurization process in the oven. I am going to vacuum pack it and use the sous vide @166°F for 30 minutes. This hopefully will yield a better product than my last attempt. In the oven it got too dry and crispy in places. Not the texture I am looking for. I read the ingredients on a commercial brand of jerky I like and it has pineapple juice? I wonder if this changes the texture. I am about to find out as I incorporated it into the recipe, Tamari, brown sugar, liquid Smoke - Applewood and pineapple juice.
Bromelain is an enzyme from pineapples that digests protein

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back