Status
Not open for further replies.
#FingersCrossed for him :wizzy:..I Hope he is ok..

We've got the Princess sick..... she started peeing uncontrollably through the night....so she had peed tests which weren't right...and blood test this week... waiting on results....vet thinks liver damage....but we'll know by next week.....:pass:
I was able to get him an appointment in an hour from now, so I guess we’ll see…. :pass:

Hopefully it’s just a minor kidney issue for Princess….

Morning @Frankthetank . Think I hear sounds from the other room. Super grandpa to the rescue!
1717855768152.gif

1717855807096.gif

#FingersCrossed for him :wizzy:..I Hope he is ok..

We've got the Princess sick..... she started peeing uncontrollably through the night....so she had peed tests which weren't right...and blood test this week... waiting on results....vet thinks liver damage....but we'll know by next week.....:pass:
Thanks for the rep @Mossy :bighug:

Amen @Olderfart ... :headbang: ...I suppose it is all the power of a selfie.....

I Do own a proper camera....:photog:....and I find it funny that I'm looking at the back of the camera taking a photo... everyone else has their phone.... pointing at them..and the photo is background...:crying:...

I have a camera on the tablet but it is not as good as my proper camera....:pass:

If my dad come back tomorrow...the first thing I would show him would be a digital camera.

After his bathroom dark room... developing..and kit/time he needed....it would blow his mind that I can take a photo and share it with people all over the world in seconds. :headbang:
I used to have a color darkroom with a 4x5 enlarger. Some of you will not know what that is - I sold the stuff before most peeps here were born. The only hint you get is "view camera" - well ok, you can have "Ansel Adams" too. :biggrin: Back in the day, that was pretty serious photo equipment. So, I am pretty familiar with cameras, and these phone cameras are stunningly effective both in terms of resolution and especially in other image processing, such as HDR, exposure bracketing, focus stacking, etc. etc. Back in my 4x5 days most of this fancy stuff had to be attempted manually as best one could. Now the phone cameras do it all automatically if you just choose the right option. And, here's the bit that gets me, the cameras involved are about the size of a pencil eraser. I still cannot get my head around what these micro sized devices are capable of.

Back in the darkroom I would sometimes spend most of a weekend just working on a single image. You could buy a cheap cell phone for the cost of materials I would use in a couple days. And my Iphone is smaller than one film cannister for the view camera. The camera and lenses would be more volume and weight than a couple dozen iphones. And not an electric wire in them. I did have a light meter, but that was yet another piece of gear, also bigger than my iphone. I ended up selling all the 4x5 gear because I got tired of spending so much time in the dark playing with noxious chemicals.

Tech has moved on to put it mildly. :rofl: :pighug:

IMG_0237.jpg
IMG_0311.jpg
IMG_0388.jpg

All pics from my IPhone. Not one of them could have been duplicated by my 4x5 gear because of the image processing behind them. :pighug::headbang:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back