Status
Not open for further replies.
grimreaper-WTM.jpg

Good morfnoevight all! Too many pages behind so if you needed me repeat, rinse.

I have been busy building this for the garden space. I saw it on the internet and said I can build that with the primitive tools I own. 3/8" dowels and glue hold each frame and corner through 3 boards on alternating levels. This will be very sturdy. I made it out of Heart Redwood and Incense Cedar. I will give it a coat of transparent redwood wood oil, then it is on its own for the rest of it's life.

2024-05-22_23-03-05.jpg

I like this for a garden.
IMG_20240529_131131946_HDR.jpg

It will sit over the plumbing. it won't hide it but it will take your eye away from it. I am sure Ms. MOG will display nice plants there. The Japanese Maple shades this spot almost all day. It will also be cooler with the lawn, if it will grow with this much shade?

IMG_20240529_131056517_HDR.jpg

I am waiting for this layer to set so I can add the next.

Thanks guys! I wish I had a jointer/planner along with a whole list of cool tools. Have you ever seen the Yankee Woodshop, OMG that guy has wood working tools I never even heard of :crying: . I can get pretty close to square without a jointer /planner but wood just wants to twist so I got one leg out a bit. It is for the garden :pass::rofl:.

Thanks guys! I wish I had a jointer/planner along with a whole list of cool tools. Have you ever seen the Yankee Woodshop, OMG that guy has wood working tools I never even heard of :crying: . I can get pretty close to square without a jointer /planner but wood just wants to twist so I got one leg out a bit. It is for the garden :pass::rofl:.
Norm Abram is the man! He did This Old House with Bob Villa also but Yankee Woodshop was suuuuch a great show! I’m sure we’re in a long line of people drooling over his work shed! Bench looks terrific!

Edit- Is that area shaded like that most of the day? Grass could be hard to keep up there.

Last edited:
Oh also @Mañ'O'Green a belt sander with 60 grit can work like a planer especially on that kiln dried redwood. A few passes with 120 then 240 should leave you smooth enough to not see it through the stain, especially on the leg. I have the transparent redwood stain on my clear redwood tongue and groove fence so I have a feel for your finished product already lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back