Live Stoners Live Stoner Chat - Apr-Jun '21

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've got a couple places in mind along a couple fence row places.

Aphids are pretty easy to control on honeysuckle. You can kill a lot of them with just a forceful spray of water. It knocks them off the plants with their sucker mouth parts still in the plant. If I start growing outside more often, I need to try to get lady bugs set up here. At my old farm, I had quite the beneficial bug population. They would winter over in so many places around the farm, but the attic in the old house was their favorite.:doh:
We have never sprayed any toxic chemicals in our yard. Front lawn is the one exception as I use enough weed control products it should glow in the dark. The trick is to have a large variety of plants and flowers that attract beneficials. Then only intervene when really necessary with the least disruptive intervention. A strong water spray is often good enough. You will lose some fruit and some will be scared but in the long run it is much better for you and the planet.

We have never sprayed any toxic chemicals in our yard. Front lawn is the one exception as I use enough weed control products it should glow in the dark. The trick is to have a large variety of plants and flowers that attract beneficials. Then only intervene when really necessary with the least disruptive intervention. A strong water spray is often good enough. You will lose some fruit and some will be scared but in the long run it is much better for you and the planet.

No toxins here as well.. when we moved in here, we let the lawn grow until june of last year to see what would come up naturally. Then we weed wacked paths throughout the yard, lined them with a cord of split fire wood, and only cut the grass in the paths. Eventually, the yard will be a small food forest.

When we had a little acreage in hill country outside of San Marcos, there were a dozen deer on a regular basis, as I had water set up for the deer passing through. I took a few old satellite dishes, turned em upside down, and made a trickle fountain out of them for the deer and all. Can't find a picture of that right now :shrug:

View attachment 1319004
This place wasn't too far in Texas terms. The closest town was Junction and was on the road to Fort Mcavitt from there. Big ol' whitetails there
My ex got rid of mine behind my back during a move.
I had a crazy jealous girlfriend that got rid of my sea chest trunk. It had all sorts of my Naval memorabilia.:grrr1:

Thanks for the lil rep slap @Mossy
All this grass talk.. the flower in the picture are all over my grass got a wildflower look/feel going on... I personally like the grass lol but I may just be that prick of a neighbor and let the plants run wild.. dandelions are great for the bees and they need all the help they can get this year

Navy guy ehhh... women love some good seamen heheheh

Thanks for the lil rep slap @Mossy
All this grass talk.. the flower in the picture are all over my grass got a wildflower look/feel going on... I personally like the grass lol but I may just be that prick of a neighbor and let the plants run wild.. dandelions are great for the bees and they need all the help they can get this year

Navy guy ehhh... women love some good seamen heheheh
I had a line for civilian women use. I'd tell them at the right time, "I'm the sailor your Mom warned you about!"
Damn good results! :eyebrows:

Sorry to interrupt but, having just rejoined the fold after a few years absence, I'm wondering whether Grow Northern {the LED light company} are still operating? I've tried searching the forums on my return and due to my ineptitude, I've not been able to find anything!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back