Live Stoners Live Stoner Chat - Apr-Jun '21

Status
Not open for further replies.
With honeysuckle you want to remember that will spread pretty robustly,:doh: at least it did here and this is not an ideal environment
I've got a couple places in mind along a couple fence row places.
And aphids love them as well, so keep an eye on em :smoking:
Aphids are pretty easy to control on honeysuckle. You can kill a lot of them with just a forceful spray of water. It knocks them off the plants with their sucker mouth parts still in the plant. If I start growing outside more often, I need to try to get lady bugs set up here. At my old farm, I had quite the beneficial bug population. They would winter over in so many places around the farm, but the attic in the old house was their favorite.:doh:

I've got a couple places in mind along a couple fence row places.

Aphids are pretty easy to control on honeysuckle. You can kill a lot of them with just a forceful spray of water. It knocks them off the plants with their sucker mouth parts still in the plant. If I start growing outside more often, I need to try to get lady bugs set up here. At my old farm, I had quite the beneficial bug population. They would winter over in so many places around the farm, but the attic in the old house was their favorite.:doh:

Yep, blast em with a hose. If needed, I'd spray em with some Dr Bronners soap

Where i lived in the states, there was a chain link fence that I planted honeysuckle on. It was right next to my canna garden. In the second year, it started flowering. I would sit there and watch the hummingbirds come to the honeysuckle. That was my favorite spot to just sit and be human. Sometimes, the deer and her two fawns would come around when the apricot tree was dropping fruit. It was a special, majical place :wiz:
Yeah, I remember all the humming birds. It was the same time frame we had a deer lease in South Texas with an old German lady.......very old German family in that area. She had quite a few feeders around the old farm house. Sure was relaxing to watch the humming birds while Mom and the old lady go and feed the deer that you could see from the front porch.

Yeah, I remember all the humming birds. It was the same time frame we had a deer lease in South Texas with an old German lady.......very old German family in that area. She had quite a few feeders around the old farm house. Sure was relaxing to watch the humming birds while Mom and the old lady go and feed the deer that you could see from the front porch.

When we had a little acreage in hill country outside of San Marcos, there were a dozen deer on a regular basis, as I had water set up for the deer passing through. I took a few old satellite dishes, turned em upside down, and made a trickle fountain out of them for the deer and all. Can't find a picture of that right now :shrug:

Deer.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back