Outdoor Jraven's Alaska Summer 2019

Got me excited friend.
I did seed two monk girls, monk x monk and leb x monk , the monk is loaded with seed but the leb x one is not so obviously preggers. I'm pretty sure I'll find some seed in there.
Cool on the Monk! I am sure that you will grow her along with xes you make for the rest of your days.

Yea, sure the Leb x Monk seeds are buried in there. Could be some of those tiny seeds as well. Sure that you will get enough to make some F2s with.
Happened to me last season with Mighty Mite x Aof, thus F2s being made right now.
Also (AoF x Royal Dane) x Mighty Mite x Aof.
I think these might be iffy for you two though.

Cool on the Monk! I am sure that you will grow her along with xes you make for the rest of your days.

Yea, sure the Leb x Monk seeds are buried in there. Could be some of those tiny seeds as well. Sure that you will get enough to make some F2s with.
Happened to me last season with Mighty Mite x Aof, thus F2s being made right now.
Also (AoF x Royal Dane) x Mighty Mite x Aof.
I think these might be iffy for you two though.
is the Royal Dane line itself of interest here you think? The catalog copy sounds good, they may have been out of stock when I made my order.

Last edited:
From Gary Snyders translation of Han Shans Cold Mountain Poems

In a tangle of cliffs, I chose a place -
Bird paths, but no trails for me.
What's beyond the yard?
White clouds clinging to vague rocks.
Now I've lived here - how many years -
Again and again, spring and winter pass.
Go tell families with silverware and cars
"What's the use of all that noise and money?"

I wanted a good place to settle:
Cold Mountain would be safe.
Light wind in a hidden pine -
Listen close - the sound gets better.
Under it a gray haired man
Mumbles along reading Huang and Lao.
For ten years I havn't gone back home
I've even forgotten the way by which I came.

:bighug:

It's raining pretty good this morning, went to the garden to take a picture of the Monk with its feet in the kale bed. It's got a moldy branch I need to clip but mostly pretty nice considering the circumstances :eyebrows:
View attachment 1088941
View attachment 1088942 garden skiff heavy on the kale but other good stuff too:smoking: I can see one of these filled with Monks might be fun:thumbsup::pass:
View attachment 1088943
retired boat sails with garden treasure!
All good.....considering the circumstances:d5:
Most folks are unaware of how moldy the far northern fall is.
Lol me too...:pass:
We can have both though...got more dead skiffs laying around:thumbsup:
the Dead Skiff Society rises:smoking:
Here's the Z6 x Erdebei that's been getting outside the greenhouse during the day. Today has been a cool rainy one.View attachment 1089183
View attachment 1089184
View attachment 1089185
It's getting just a short sunbreak today...looks like I should move her in soon.
Here's the smaller one that's staying in. Fewer buds but farther along
View attachment 1089186
View attachment 1089187
top pic, another rainforest classic
I think I misidentified this plant in the kale patch as a Monk but by the look and smell it has to be Leb27. Forgot to mark it
View attachment 1089907
View attachment 1089908
Here's a 100% outdoor Monk looks good but different lol...not nearly as loud:smoking: lots of budsites though. In the morning dew
View attachment 1089914
View attachment 1089913
Leb is radiant, and look at those Monks!
whata cheery sight!

I like it!

retired boat sails with garden treasure!
All good.....considering the circumstances:d5:
Most folks are unaware of how moldy the far northern fall is.

the Dead Skiff Society rises:smoking:

top pic, another rainforest classic

Leb is radiant, and look at those Monks!

whata cheery sight!
Yep pardner the danes really brighten the place up. I can't help thinking they'd be worth a try there...I've had a couple Lebs finish already. But heck you are finding plenty of stuff that works for you:thumbsup::pass:

Yep pardner the danes really brighten the place up. I can't help thinking they'd be worth a try there...I've had a couple Lebs finish already. But heck you are finding plenty of stuff that works for you:thumbsup::pass:
and dude, you wouldn't believe how much light we still have, last night rainy, to boat @11:30 and bail, plenty of light to do anything. By the time we get photo friendly game over.
Still at least 15 hrs light. The loss of light beginning to accelerate the further from solstice we travel.

Back