Outdoor Jraven's Alaska Summer 2019

DSCN5267.JPG

Most of the plants in the greenhouse stunted. I kind of saw it from the start, as they were moving from indoors to out. My schedule was goofed up by the 'vacation' but it could easily be something else. More soil testing is in order anyway. I don't think the weather was too bad but maybe not much sun...
P_20190619_093129.jpg

The Danes have done ok, the ones outside especially . Here's two monks all outdoor
P_20190619_091658.jpg

And a studly Leb 27 boy
P_20190619_091248.jpg

Humpies are a salmon species...low run predicted I take it. We are not getting any king salmon openings this spring because of low numbers but our coho salmon numbers sound good for the summer.
Thanks Jravan..
I don't get the fish for them kind of fish around here too much.
I didn't recognize the slang[emoji53] they call them Atlantic pinks here in MI.
I usually only go fishing for The Coho and the Chinooks and then the Steelhead. And the Skamania a summertime like steelhead.

We don't see a lot of humpy fish around here. They're very rare to hook. If we do hook them it's usually only in the rivers and streams. I recall hooking into an Atlantic pink way back in the 80s up in the st. Mary's River near the Soo locks.
I got this picture off a guide's website. I couldn't find one anywhere else LOL
But this is where I go fishing at a lot is Tippy Dam on the Manistee River. I fished there last fall.
I hooked into 15 or so brought home 2 Cohoes. Our limit though is only 3 a day. I fished for 1 day.
50d10221a4f953757da775977162cff9.jpg

I forgot I had a couple pictures of my own from last fall. These are the 2 fish I brought home.
30af1e152a50ce12870f02a8d426634f.jpg
bc33a39f31ea6ed6a9e73ac20491f97d.jpg

Last edited:
I've just started some Ghost Toof (mephisto) won here at afn. Also the IPCBDx Haze cross from @StickMan and Bubba Trouble from @Magic.
Was sorry to see the Alf 5 from @FullDuplex get stumpy it sure is putting on nice bud, a green pheno
P_20190619_092555.jpg
and a dark pheno. They are 18-20 inches tall
DSCN5266.JPG

Thanks Jravan..
I don't get the fish for them kind of fish around here too much.
I didn't recognize the slang[emoji53] they call them Atlantic pinks here in MI.
I usually only go fishing for The Coho and the Chinooks and then the Steelhead. And the Skamania a summertime like steelhead.

We don't see a lot of humpy fish around here. They're very rare to hook. If we do hook them it's usually only in the rivers and streams. I recall hooking into an Atlantic pink way back in the 80s up in the st. Mary's River near the Soo locks.
I got this picture off a guide's website. I couldn't find one anywhere else LOL
But this is where I go fishing at a lot is Tippy Dam on the Manistee River. I fished there last fall.
I hooked into 15 or so brought home 2 Cohoes. Our limit though is only 3 a day. I fished for 1 day.
50d10221a4f953757da775977162cff9.jpg
I don't know how many of the sport fishermen here are fishing pinks/humpies but I always figured them to be lots of fun on lighter tackle. Most people come for the kings but they are pretty restricted right now.

I don't know how many of the sport fishermen here are fishing pinks/humpies but I always figured them to be lots of fun on lighter tackle. Most people come for the kings but they are pretty restricted right now.
It's real restricted here in Michigan anymore you're pretty much limited to single hook flies some places are flies only there is no more snagging whatsoever for any salmon state of Michigan now I'm not sure how long that's been in effect but it's been a few years we used to be able to snag and shit damn near use car chains and grappling hooks to hook them with back in the day but now it's all more sport fishing flies only and single Barbed 3/8 hooks. I think you can have a triple hook on a lure but I think it's got to be a 3/8 nothing bigger but I'm unsure that cuz they change the rules all the time and I would have to read the new rules for this year and I haven't done that yet.

View attachment 1073274

Most of the plants in the greenhouse stunted. I kind of saw it from the start, as they were moving from indoors to out. My schedule was goofed up by the 'vacation' but it could easily be something else. More soil testing is in order anyway. I don't think the weather was too bad but maybe not much sun...View attachment 1073276
The Danes have done ok, the ones outside especially . Here's two monks all outdoor View attachment 1073286
And a studly Leb 27 boy
View attachment 1073287
looks like the "danes" are finding conditions to their liking
I've just started some Ghost Toof (mephisto) won here at afn. Also the IPCBDx Haze cross from @StickMan and Bubba Trouble from @Magic.
Was sorry to see the Alf 5 from @FullDuplex get stumpy it sure is putting on nice bud, a green pheno View attachment 1073298 and a dark pheno. They are 18-20 inches tall View attachment 1073307
buds are coming on nicely, with buds like these we can overlook a little short coming:pass:

Last edited:
Back