Iriee Vibez Grows With Loving Soil

Hey @created2live4ever , I am answering your question here on the current thread. Yes, I have been drying with paper bags exclusively after first hanging the whole plant, and then hanging individual stems. I started because I wanted to get my tent lit as soon as possible after a harvest, and I didn’t really see any difference in a couple head to heads I did. The technique does a great job of managing humidity and some say speeds up the curing process. I am sure I lose some trichomes from the surface, but it’s minimal. Plus I got a stockpile of 100 bags already!

Hey @created2live4ever , I am answering your question here on the current thread. Yes, I have been drying with paper bags exclusively after first hanging the whole plant, and then hanging individual stems. I started because I wanted to get my tent lit as soon as possible after a harvest, and I didn’t really see any difference in a couple head to heads I did. The technique does a great job of managing humidity and some say speeds up the curing process. I am sure I lose some trichomes from the surface, but it’s minimal. Plus I got a stockpile of 100 bags already!

Hmm I was thinking about this losses and that's what I came up with:
IMG_20200402_112330_0.jpg

If one managed to form the bag the way that it doesn't touch the flower on any side, this could work... Wutcha think? The bud's steam has to be held together with the bag by the clip... I hope you get my idea... Or am I overthinking stuff? :D But hey, every single organic grown trichome is precious! :baked:

Hmm I was thinking about this losses and that's what I came up with:
View attachment 1174289

If one managed to form the bag the way that it doesn't touch the flower on any side, this could work... Wutcha think? The bud's steam has to be held together with the bag by the clip... I hope you get my idea... Or am I overthinking stuff? :D But hey, every single organic grown trichome is precious! :baked:

I have seen folks do that with a cardboard box with good results. It’s a great idea!

Harvested - DP Auto Night Queen
Day 49 - Autoseeds Girl Scout Cookies
Day 20 - DP AutoBlueberry

DP Auto Night Queen

I have been smoking the dried uncured bud from the partial harvest for the last few days. The rest of the plant is almost done drying in paper bags now. I took the opportunity to take a couple bud shots.

ANQ Harvest - 3.jpg
ANQ Harvest - 1.jpg
ANQ Harvest - 4.jpg
ANQ Harvest - 2.jpg

I am a little disappointed in the flavor right out the gate. The last time I grew this plant, I got a couple different phenos, but both had that berry smell and taste. One had it mixed with cream undertones, and the other was fuelly. But man were they great tasting. This pheno is more kushy tasting, and not flavors at all. I am hoping the cure brings that out more.

The buds are dense and hard. The effect is there. Very meditative, and relaxing. Take too much and it acts like a sleeping pill. I just wish it gets better in the smell and taste categories. Yield is decent, as it will be just under 3 ounces when totally dried. Looking forward to trying again after some curing time.

Autoseeds GSC

She is packing on the bud weight and completing her stretch. Not a single issue of concern during this entire grow. She is really starting to smell no. It's a little early to describe, but it sure is an intriguing aroma. I plan on topdressing tomorrow with some good stuff to take her through flower, hoping for a bump up in yield.

Day 49, 20 - 2.jpg
Day 49, 20 - 7.jpg

DP Auto Blueberry

She has recovered from the funky leaf syndrome that she started off with. It was probably due to the foliar spray I used. She clearly didn't like it as young as she was, like the other plants have. Her new growth is normal, though. I probably will foliar feed her again this weekend just to see if she feels better about it. Will be light handed, though.

Day 49, 20 - 5.jpg
Day 49, 20 - 4.jpg

Fast Buds Gorilla Glue

After harvesting the ANQ, I wasted no time reamending the soil. I added some dry organic amendments, compost, grokashi, and bio char, mixed into the existing soil worm and oil. I decided not to try the no till again, as I have come to the conclusion that it isn't effective with 3 gallon pots. Instead, I have to pack the soil with good stuff and keep it going with top dressing and compost teas.

I also brought back my KIND Blurple, as I want to see how this light works with my organic setup. I still have a cob pointed directly at the flowering plant to give her the extra oomph, but I have decided that vegging plants love my Blurple for some reason.

I decided to give Fst Buds' Auto Gorilla glue another go. I really enjoyed the smoke, and GG is still my favorite smoke. I probably will put an Autoseeds GG in the next pot when GSC is all done.

She hasn't sprouted yet.

Day 49, 20 - 6.jpg

Outdoor Season

Remember those Earthbox SIPs I filled up a couple weeks ago? Well, the seeds have sprouted and are fortifying in a corner of the cabinet. I decided to go with two really quick small strains from Mephisto... Blue Toof Special and Strawberry Nuggets, two of each. I have grown both before, but want to see what they look like outdoors in an Earthbox. I plan to transplant in a week or so.

Because they are quick strains, I plan to plant four photo plants in June to take me through the outdoor season.

Day 2

Day 49, 20 - 1.jpg

Cheers folks, and stay safe!

Wash your hands often!

Attachments

• Day 49, 20 - 3.jpg
    Day 49, 20 - 3.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 30
What's good @Iriee Vibez been away for a bit but back now I'm in lockdown!

Looks like you busy growing out some beauties!

Yo, Chro! I mean GF! Good to hear from you brother! I have been looking forward to hear how your plants finished and smoked. They were beauties! As usual.

Yeah, I have been pretty much planting a seed as one gets harvested, rotating three plants in my cabinet. i am able to grow three different strains while doing it, while not having to worry about feeding them differently. Might as well take advantage of benefits of organic soil growing. Damn, I do miss the DWC yields, though. Nothing like it. Getting better at this organic stuff each time, though. Hopefully, the plants get a little bigger too!

Yo, Chro! I mean GF! Good to hear from you brother! I have been looking forward to hear how your plants finished and smoked. They were beauties! As usual.

Yeah, I have been pretty much planting a seed as one gets harvested, rotating three plants in my cabinet. i am able to grow three different strains while doing it, while not having to worry about feeding them differently. Might as well take advantage of benefits of organic soil growing. Damn, I do miss the DWC yields, though. Nothing like it. Getting better at this organic stuff each time, though. Hopefully, the plants get a little bigger too!
Yeah hard to replicate the yields of DWC but I bet your enjoying the quality of organics? Do you know notice the difference in smoke? As long as you have enough smoke where you dont run out then yield really goes out the window anyways!

Yeah hard to replicate the yields of DWC but I bet your enjoying the quality of organics? Do you know notice the difference in le smoke? As long as you have enough smoke where you dont run out then yield really goes out the window anyways!

I do agree with that. I love the growing style, and have grown my tastiest weed in the CDLC and my strongest weed with the Fast Buds Gorilla Glue, but they are small, man! My joints get so thin while I wait for the next plant! Lol!

outdoor season should fix that. I am doing an auto run that sprouted now, followed by a photo run in June. Four plants each. After that, I will be happy with my smaller but tastier organic plants!

I do agree with that. I love the growing style, and have grown my tastiest weed in the CDLC and my strongest weed with the Fast Buds Gorilla Glue, but they are small, man! My joints get so thin while I wait for the next plant! Lol!

outdoor season should fix that. I am doing an auto run that sprouted now, followed by a photo run in June. Four plants each. After that, I will be happy with my smaller but tastier organic plants!
Oh man, wish I could try my hand at an outdoor grow! You going organics outside or you sticking with the megacrop like last season?

Back