Iriee Vibez Grows With Loving Soil

Hi @Iriee Vibez. Great growing skills and interesting strains.

Enjoying following along. It's keeping me going during my growing hiatus and giving me inspiration. Think I may start using some smaller pots after my next grow using the autopot system with a tray the full footprint of my growdrobe. Don't know if it'll work but I'm willing to experiment.

Qb

Hey QB, that sounds like a great plan! I don’t know why it wouldn’t work. I like the idea of trying a couple of strains out in a small container. The solo cup was too much maintenance and wasn’t a great fit for organic soil. I think 1 gallons may do the trick!

Yes bro I'm in the new growers bit and it's called Gorilla girl ( I thought it was a journal a strain). I'm inept but keen - I got FB Strawberry pie LST, DP Critical Orange Punch topped and trained, SS Purple Amnesia half manifold+LST, BS Stardawg 1 manifold+LST, GB Lemon pie just defoliation and an FB Zkittlez inna wellie!

Sounds cool! I will drop in to check them out soon!

I was looking to grow in small containers as I have a tiny tent and want to do a ton of different plants. Way back when - I remember doing an AK47 in a 50 50 mix of perlite and vermiculite that was OK ish considering I pH nothing. I'm hoping Santa brings me a pH pen for crimbo and I can do loads of plants in macky D cups. In Hempy solo cups.

Hey QB, that sounds like a great plan! I don’t know why it wouldn’t work. I like the idea of trying a couple of strains out in a small container. The solo cup was too much maintenance and wasn’t a great fit for organic soil. I think 1 gallons may do the trick!

1 gallon pots is what I'd like to use along with some biotabs. Not sure if it'll have enough to keep the plants going right through till harvest??. This is where the experimenting is going to come in to play.

Can I ask how you're drying your bud?!

Cheers
Qb

1 gallon pots is what I'd like to use along with some biotabs. Not sure if it'll have enough to keep the plants going right through till harvest??. This is where the experimenting is going to come in to play.

Cheers
Qb
I use almost exclusively 1gal nursery pots which are actually 2.6 liters and I use dry organic amendments top dressing 2 times sometimes 3 times I love them only thing that sucks is watering lol but an average of 2oz per pot and in my 2x4 area I can run 9 or 10 pots never packed the smaller area but you should give it a try

I use almost exclusively 1gal nursery pots which are actually 2.6 liters and I use dry organic amendments top dressing 2 times sometimes 3 times I love them only thing that sucks is watering lol but an average of 2oz per pot and in my 2x4 area I can run 9 or 10 pots never packed the smaller area but you should give it a try

That sounds like exactly what I'm after. I'd be using the autopot system so wouldn't be watering that often. Can you tell me what dry organic amendments you are using? Hopefully they are available in the UK.

Read the little blurb about the aquavalve covers and it said not to use small pots as you'd drown the plants but I dont see how its any different to the 15l pots ive been using in the individual trays?? I would be raising them up slightly from the big tray.

Qb

That sounds like exactly what I'm after. I'd be using the autopot system so wouldn't be watering that often. Can you tell me what dry organic amendments you are using? Hopefully they are available in the UK.

Read the little blurb about the aquavalve covers and it said not to use small pots as you'd drown the plants but I dont see how its any different to the 15l pots ive been using in the individual trays?? I would be raising them up slightly from the big tray.

Qb
Roots organic uprisings and terp tea and I've experimented with the bottom watering and only using a small amount to keep the top moist I can tag you in my journal and really show you. I'm hoping to improve this setup by implementing some of iree's more true living organic soil into wat I'm doing the biggest thing I've noticed with small pots even in coco is less water @ a time multiple times but becareful bc they get large that way so it depends wat you are looking for.

Cheers
Qb

I agree that the smaller pot needs supplements at some point. I top dressed the little container, and gave her some compost tea. I probably will give both again before she finishes.

for drying, I try all kinds of things. I have a myherbsnow dryer that is probably my favorite for a dry trim. I also use wet trimming and paper bags if the dryer is full.

Roots organic uprisings and terp tea and I've experimented with the bottom watering and only using a small amount to keep the top moist I can tag you in my journal and really show you. I'm hoping to improve this setup by implementing some of iree's more true living organic soil into wat I'm doing the biggest thing I've noticed with small pots even in coco is less water @ a time multiple times but becareful bc they get large that way so it depends wat you are looking for.

Tag away @Fitzy Thanks for the advice, I'll see if I can track down some of that roots organics amendments.

I agree that the smaller pot needs supplements at some point. I top dressed the little container, and gave her some compost tea. I probably will give both again before she finishes.

for drying, I try all kinds of things. I have a myherbsnow dryer that is probably my favorite for a dry trim. I also use wet trimming and paper bags if the dryer is full.

Cheers @Iriee Vibez Don't think I'll be able to get that dryer over here. Might buy one of those manual spin trimmers and keep doing the paper bag method. Absolutely kills my back trimming it all with scissors.

Cheers
Qb

Barney's Wedding Cake Auto - Day 46
Barney's Gorilla Glue Auto - Day 24

The plants are zooming along. I have to figure out what it is about my environment or soil that shortens the veg time and pushes plants to flower as quick as possible. The wedding cake was flowering at Day 22 and the Gorilla Glue is flowering already at Day 24. This has happened every single time since I switched to organic soil growing. I mean it’s not all bad, because my Indoor auto plants have been ready to harvest at 60-65 days almost every time.

I will give them another top dress this weekend, but apart from that, just water.

Wedding Cake

She is small but she has lots of bud sites. If they stack and fatten up, she may be a respectable yielder. I love this strain and will be happy for a little, but hoping she still surprises in these next few weeks.

65BD7070-B998-449F-BDBE-45CEC9965D9D.jpeg
D629F942-1A97-4D12-99D3-B614BBF21945.jpeg
8633D7A8-D0AF-4184-9246-3B706ABFE6B5.jpeg
A847E2ED-45E9-4CF4-9698-8EEC5A6FCD7C.jpeg

Gorilla Glue

Slow down, girl! Why are you in such a hurry? Let’s get some branches and height before you flower!

3A340828-219F-4F7A-AB63-51A0DB95F370.jpeg
E11029C7-4633-4DA6-ABB0-0329200C317F.jpeg

Cookies Auto

My one gallon pot plant is at day 35 now, in the first week of flowering. I think the next one will be a much better attempt since I wouldn’t transplant from the solo cup, but plant the seed directly.

480647A4-C0B5-4722-8339-1A03C3DBFDF8.jpeg
2A1EED73-B99F-4360-A7E7-CEF44B66584E.jpeg

Back