Iriee Vibez Grows With Loving Soil

Thanks Arty! That is a big help, and it confirms what I was thinking. I can’t approach the solo cup grow as an ‘add on’, but have to commit to it instead. When I grew with DWC, my life was spent mixing, phing, and checking ppm/EC.. sometimes twice a day when there were swings. I don’t miss that stuff at all.

Before I read your post, I put a couple seeds in cups with organic soil, so I am gonna give it a go. I have some Thrive.N organic fertilizer that I typically use as a foliar feed, but I will bottom feed with it. I will skip the top dressing, based on your advice. i may have to break down and start measuring again if I see any signs of trouble. If this latest attempt doesn’t work, I may have to hang up my solo cup dreams and get that third pot of soil back in there.

I will keep you posted, my friend. Thanks again for the solo cup growing education!

cheers! :pass:
Happy to help and I forgot to mention about foliar spray in my last post.
I love foliar sprays, I generally use seaweed based foliar sprays, which includes Boom Boom Spray from BioTabs.
I have also used Optic Foliar Sprays which worked out well.
You definitely get a good growth spurt from foliar sprays and it is one of the factors that has made Fruitcake a stunning plant but having said that genetics plays a part and Fruitcake is said to give XXL yields, regardless of special treatments.
I think it is great that you are thinking your way around obstacles, I too am that way inclined.
In the past, when I have had people say to me "that something is not possible", I would go ahead and give it a go anyway!
Sometimes I proved the naysayers wrong and that is a proud moment when that happens but sometime you find something can't be done a certain way and I then bow to received wisdom.
I hope you find a way of doing your solo cup in your own way, I am always will to learn and I just love innovation.
Necessity is the mother of invention, so play to your strengths and use you knowledge to find a way forward!
I look forward to seeing what you can achieve and good luck my friend!
:pass:

Happy to help and I forgot to mention about foliar spray in my last post.
I love foliar sprays, I generally use seaweed based foliar sprays, which includes Boom Boom Spray from BioTabs.
I have also used Optic Foliar Sprays which worked out well.
You definitely get a good growth spurt from foliar sprays and it is one of the factors that has made Fruitcake a stunning plant but having said that genetics plays a part and Fruitcake is said to give XXL yields, regardless of special treatments.
I think it is great that you are thinking your way around obstacles, I too am that way inclined.
In the past, when I have had people say to me "that something is not possible", I would go ahead and give it a go anyway!
Sometimes I proved the naysayers wrong and that is a proud moment when that happens but sometime you find something can't be done a certain way and I then bow to received wisdom.
I hope you find a way of doing your solo cup in your own way, I am always will to learn and I just love innovation.
Necessity is the mother of invention, so play to your strengths and use you knowledge to find a way forward!
I look forward to seeing what you can achieve and good luck my friend!

I eel the exact same way. I don’t want to mix and ph nutes, but would like the idea of testing a few more strains by growing in solo cups. Iam enjoying the ease of organic soil growing, so why not give it a go. Based on your input, I still think there is a chance. Right now, I think a solo cup of my soil can get them through the first three or four weeks without needing anything but bottom fed water, but by that point, the roots would have filled the cup and exhausted the nutrients in the soil. To your point,top dressing isn’t really an option, since I would have to bottom feed. I think I should be able to get them through the first two weeks of flower by adding foliar feeding, but don’t like to do that after the buds are developed.

At that point, I will incorporate Thrive.N . As you can see below, it is basically fish hydrolysate, so I am a bit worried about the smell. However, it may not be an issue in such small quantities. Since I have it I will give it a try and see if it can take me home this round.

Ingredients of Thrive.N - Bloom: Premium Freeze Dried Fish Hydrolysate, Micronized Cal-Phos, Soluble Seaweed Extract and Sulfate of Potash. All these ingredients combine to make the ideal availability of organic P for your plants in balance with N and K and Ca. Most recent analysis shows immediately available 2-10-5 with about 2% calcium.

It would be great to have your eyes on them also, just in case I have to adjust from the plan. I put in two Mephisto seeds that I have had for more than two years but haven’t had a chance to grow. Sour Livers and Sweet N Sour. Let’s see what happens with attempt 2!

I was a organic grower for years and then I went to coco.
I was on another forum at the time and I was sent a ton of nutes and that was that.
I may go back to organic growing in the future but i would want a big place to grow first.
As for the fish based nutes, you will only smell it when you open the tent, the carbon filter will do the rest.
I would be happy to drop by and keep an eye open and follow your progress, it is a very interesting project!
I hope you enter Dinafem-Marks "Solo Cup Challenge" which will start in July/august!
It would be a great way for you to grow along with some other AFN buddies, So far St.Tom,Myself and I think Vapo will be signing up and I hop pop22 will join in also. Last time the challenge garnered a lot of interest.
@St.tom is a great Solo Cup grower and I hope he will chime in here too!
In recent months St.Tom and myself have had a fair bit of interest in our solo cup grows and hopefully that has inspired other to try it for a bit of fun and like you say so you can test and smoke more strains.
Here is a link to St.Toms journal and straight to page 20 - https://www.autoflower.org/threads/st-tom-runs-a-cookie-solo-cup-again.77092/page-20#post-2296832 they are some nice solo cup plants!

I was a organic grower for years and then I went to coco.
I was on another forum at the time and I was sent a ton of nutes and that was that.
I may go back to organic growing in the future but i would want a big place to grow first.
As for the fish based nutes, you will only smell it when you open the tent, the carbon filter will do the rest.
I would be happy to drop by and keep an eye open and follow your progress, it is a very interesting project!
I hope you enter Dinafem-Marks "Solo Cup Challenge" which will start in July/august!
It would be a great way for you to grow along with some other AFN buddies, So far St.Tom,Myself and I think Vapo will be signing up and I hop pop22 will join in also. Last time the challenge garnered a lot of interest.
@St.tom is a great Solo Cup grower and I hope he will chime in here too!
In recent months St.Tom and myself have had a fair bit of interest in our solo cup grows and hopefully that has inspired other to try it for a bit of fun and like you say so you can test and smoke more strains.
Here is a link to St.Toms journal and straight to page 20 - https://www.autoflower.org/threads/st-tom-runs-a-cookie-solo-cup-again.77092/page-20#post-2296832 they are some nice solo cup plants!

Hey Arty, it was a @St. Tom journal post that made me decide to give solo a try. That was actually where I saw your solo cups and checked out your journal. I would love for you guys to chime in as I give this organic solo experiment a go. Let’s see how it goes before I decide to enter any contests! Lol! My track record so far doesn’t lend a whole lot of confidence, but I have high hopes!

Real pity on those solo cups Iriee, your plants were bigger than mine in 2 gallon pots. Usually a dead plant = a free pot, but with a solo cup... :smoking:
Hoping for some input from your good self, if I may! My autos are at a similar stage to your Gorilla Glue was. In the last pics of your GG solo, the bud sites were spaced out vertically with maybe six or so separate spots up the branches... I'm wondering, if the plants had made it to term, whether you'd expect those lower bud sites to traverse the internodal spacing and become big colas with the higher sites? Or would the bud sites on say the bottom half of the branches always have gaps between them?
And does removing the low stuff benefit the bigger nugs up top, or just lower the yield overall?
Big thank you dude :cheers:

Hey Arty, it was a @St. Tom journal post that made me decide to give solo a try. That was actually where I saw your solo cups and checked out your journal. I would love for you guys to chime in as I give this organic solo experiment a go. Let’s see how it goes before I decide to enter any contests! Lol! My track record so far doesn’t lend a whole lot of confidence, but I have high hopes!
Hi my friend I will follow along I think making you food routine easier is a no brainer but with me I don't mind mixing as I've always got bigger plants growing along side. also as @arty zan mentioned Mark will be doing I think a hso seeds solo comp so it would be great to have you along within the next month I expect but I'm so addicted to growing solo cups it's crazy

Real pity on those solo cups Iriee, your plants were bigger than mine in 2 gallon pots. Usually a dead plant = a free pot, but with a solo cup... :smoking:
Hoping for some input from your good self, if I may! My autos are at a similar stage to your Gorilla Glue was. In the last pics of your GG solo, the bud sites were spaced out vertically with maybe six or so separate spots up the branches... I'm wondering, if the plants had made it to term, whether you'd expect those lower bud sites to traverse the internodal spacing and become big colas with the higher sites? Or would the bud sites on say the bottom half of the branches always have gaps between them?
And does removing the low stuff benefit the bigger nugs up top, or just lower the yield overall?
Big thank you dude :cheers:

Hey Faux! glad to here from you, man. I must pop over to check on things! The answer to your question is it depends. Actually it depends on a lot of things. the most important is the intermodal spacing. Some plants have two inches between nodes, and I can say the chances of those connecting is zero. If your nodes are spaced within an inch of each other at the top of the stalk, there is a good chance. From there, it really depends on genetics, lights,nutrients, and environment in no particular order. You dial in the environment, make all necessary nutrients available, give them as much light as they want, and if the genetic structure of the plant supports it, they can and will connect.

You can remove low stuff that aren’t getting light, and are on the bottom 25% of the plant for sure. Other than that, I prefer to remove fan leaves that block the lowers.

As far as my GG goes, she is only in her fourth week of flower, but I can already tell that some stalks will connect into a solid cola, but there will be gaps on others. I will post an update soon. It’s been a bit since I updated her, She’s a beauty.
Cheers!

Hi my friend I will follow along I think making you food routine easier is a no brainer but with me I don't mind mixing as I've always got bigger plants growing along side. also as @arty zan mentioned Mark will be doing I think a hso seeds solo comp so it would be great to have you along within the next month I expect but I'm so addicted to growing solo cups it's crazy

Glad to have you along, Tom! If I get off to a good start on this round, it will be fun to grow one for the contest for the comradely of it all. Plus, I stand to learn a bit!

It is never about the winning but the joining in, what a corny old line but totally true!:hump:
If you should wish to join the challenge, it would be great to have you along.
One good thing about being a part of it, is you get to see how others grow, which makes it easier to see what does and doesn't work.
This benefits everyone and also helps create a feeling of comradery with your fellow members and growers.
No pressure though, as i know exactly what you are saying.
Over the years there have been many solo cup grows and I somehow never entered the comps.
I do however have practice in growing in small spaces it is true but never in pots this small.
What a fool i was not to enter, these solo cups you have seen me growing, are my first attempt at growing in them.
Just like Tom I am addicted to it, it is just so much fun and as Tom says , you get to try lots of strain you wouldn't otherwise grow due to space considerations.

I like helping AFN members and I keep giving all my secrets away, so for me it is not all about winning or I would just keep my mouth shut!:eyebrows:
Forget any track records, just keep growing and then grow again, your buddies here at AFN will help you get better, that is one of the beauties of a forum like AFN, we care and help our friends!
Play it as you like, I will visit your thread regardless!
Have a great day bud!
:bighug::vibes::pass:

It is never about the winning but the joining in, what a corny old line but totally true!:hump:
If you should wish to join the challenge, it would be great to have you along.
One good thing about being a part of it, is you get to see how others grow, which makes it easier to see what does and doesn't work.
This benefits everyone and also helps create a feeling of comradery with your fellow members and growers.
No pressure though, as i know exactly what you are saying.
Over the years there have been many solo cup grows and I somehow never entered the comps.
I do however have practice in growing in small spaces it is true but never in pots this small.
What a fool i was not to enter, these solo cups you have seen me growing, are my first attempt at growing in them.
Just like Tom I am addicted to it, it is just so much fun and as Tom says , you get to try lots of strain you wouldn't otherwise grow due to space considerations.

I like helping AFN members and I keep giving all my secrets away, so for me it is not all about winning or I would just keep my mouth shut!:eyebrows:
Forget any track records, just keep growing and then grow again, your buddies here at AFN will help you get better, that is one of the beauties of a forum like AFN, we care and help our friends!
Play it as you like, I will visit your thread regardless!
Have a great day bud!
:bighug::vibes::pass:

Well, when you put it like that. Count me in! I did have fun before the weed gods stopped smiling, and I do want to accept the challenge of blending solo cup growing with my current organic style. I have a HSO UK Cheese Auto seed that I have wanted to grow for a while. So, why not, I say. See you on the battleground, Arty!

Back