Iriee Vibez Grows With Loving Soil

Now that I have closed out the Autoseeds vs. FastBuds Gorilla Glue thread, I am creating this new one as a perpetual journal for my indoor cabinet grows. I used to be a DWC grower, and produced some nice smoke. And big plants. A few months ago, I made to switch to organic soil. I started with a base of Roots Organic and Nature’s Living soil, but have added some dry amendments to the mix. I top dress now with some compost and do brew some AACT teas ever few weeks. I have some Blumat juniors to keep the soil a constant moisture level, but I do water periodically for the top dressing to be effective.

it’s been a fun switch, as I feel like a new grower again. I love the idea of not growing with bottled nutes, and just focusing on feeding the microbes in the soil with nothing but dry organic amendments and tap water only. [lus I can attest to the flavors and effect of the cured buds. It’s definitely better in those regards. I definitely gave up a lot of yield, though. Plants are yielding less than half of what I averaged in water. With that being said, I enjoy the simplicity and the increased taste and poetency is worth the trade off.

So, currently in the cabinet I have a 53 day old Mephisto CDLC, an 18 day old Dutch Passion Auto Night Queen, and a yet to sprout Autoseeds Girl Scout Cookies. I put that directly in the soil.

CDLC Day 53

She is in the middle of the second week of flowering. She is short, and I still hope she stretches a bit. But she has quite a few bud sites, and a nice even canopy. I have added some Build A Soil Flower top dress and their craft blend to the soil, and the buds are loving it. If she isn’t going to be big, at least I will make sure she is all buds!

View attachment 1157541View attachment 1157540View attachment 1157542

Dutch Passion Auto Night Queen. Day 18

I am happy with this plant’s growth so far. I grew two ANQ in DWC and they yielded 250 and 180 grams of some very tasty buds. this is the first time I am growing a plant I grew before, so I will see just how much I lose in yield. So far she is a bit behind the DWC plants at this stage, but ahead of the other Soil plants so far.

View attachment 1157545

I have another pot where I am waiting for a stubborn GSC seed to show up. Patience.
Iriee those look so healthy and beautiful. I'm just curious about one thing and that is are you starting yours inside using lights or do you go all the way outside? I'm just learning to grow Autos outside in soil and wish my plants looked more like yours at 18 days
:yay:so congratulations on rocking your new cultivation methods. I'm in Colorado but it seems like these autos want more warmth and more light early on (maybe than photos) so my initial efforts have been kinda so-so. I've got 4 one month old girls outdoors but I still chase the sun a little with those bags because they seem slow growing. I like your rotation of watering with teas and amending. Grow Iriee grow. :bow: ☀️

Iriee those look so healthy and beautiful. I'm just curious about one thing and that is are you starting yours inside using lights or do you go all the way outside? I'm just learning to grow Autos outside in soil and wish my plants looked more like yours at 18 days
:yay:so congratulations on rocking your new cultivation methods. I'm in Colorado but it seems like these autos want more warmth and more light early on (maybe than photos) so my initial efforts have been kinda so-so. I've got 4 one month old girls outdoors but I still chase the sun a little with those bags because they seem slow growing. I like your rotation of watering with teas and amending. Grow Iriee grow. :bow:

Hey J.P.! Thanks man. Glad things are moving along with your grows! You will love growing outdoors. I am all for starting autos inside for the first 10 days or so, when the plant has a nice strong stem and a few sets of leaves. They have such a short veg that I want to maximize. If I have room. I will start indoors in the same pot I will move outdoors, but I also start from solo cups and transplant.

I like Dutch Passion the only thing I don't like is there size difference I ran a bunch of ultimate autos and had plants from a ounce to 6.5oz some were growing side by side and even the few outdoors ones had crazy odd almost stringy buds great quality as far as meds but not pretty so genetics are there I also really like there blue mazar and still want to try starr ryder which I don't see grown out much. Anyway they all look happy and that's way matters.

‘thanks Fitz! Thankfully, I haven’t seen that kind of size disparity in the DP strains I have tried. I can see where that would be frustrating, and will remember to stay away from the Auto Ultimate!

‘thanks Fitz! Thankfully, I haven’t seen that kind of size disparity in the DP strains I have tried. I can see where that would be frustrating, and will remember to stay away from the Auto Ultimate!
It's a great strain it just suxs that it's not as stable as others my night queens were nice but on the smaller side it may also be my luck bc I got a 5pack of 24carat from mephisto and all were 1oz plants no matter wat I tried all were grown differently and @ diffrent times of year as certain things I can not control like humidity and temps too to a certain degree. Any how how the blue toof looking and strawberry nugs?

It's a great strain it just suxs that it's not as stable as others my night queens were nice but on the smaller side it may also be my luck bc I got a 5pack of 24carat from mephisto and all were 1oz plants no matter wat I tried all were grown differently and @ diffrent times of year as certain things I can not control like humidity and temps too to a certain degree. Any how how the blue toof looking and strawberry nugs?

I will post an update on the outdoor Mephisto’s later. I will warn you that they are small. I can’t believe they are so close to being done at Day 63 pr so. I really was hoping for more girth from them. Although, I should have expected it being so early in the outdoor season. I will tag you when I update later,

Outdoor Earthbox Update

Day 63
Mephisto Strawberry Nuggets X 2
Mephisto BlueToof Special X 2

Well, I really wasn't expecting too much when I planted these outside in the beginning of April. We were only getting about 13 hours of sun at the start, and only direct for like 4 hours. I really wanted to try out the SIP probiotic growing style, and get some experience for my photo run, which I didn't want to start before the middle of June.

I planted two strains that typically produced smaller plants, hoping that they wouldn't mind the lack of daylight hours as much as a larger plant would. Though, I did get my hopes up a bit that these may yield better than expected, I viewed the plants as younger than they really are. When I consider that they are now on Day 63, with fully cloudy trichomes, I have adjusted my expectation again.

SN1 is the largest plant, but that isn't saying a whole lot. Her leaf to calyx ratios isn't good, and I am expecting the main cola to be a lot thinner than it appears now after trimming. Very pungent buds, though. I would be thrilled if I got an ounce from her.

Earthbox Mephisto Day 63 - 3.jpg
Earthbox Mephisto Day 63 - 4.jpg

SN2 is the smallest of the lot. She has a very unique aroma, like strawberry cough medicine of something like that. Very interesting. She won't produce more than a few grams, but I am expecting some unique tasting weed, and hopefully great effect.

Earthbox Mephisto Day 63 - 2.jpg

BT1 is the larger of the BlueToofs, and I do believe these are the same phenos as they are similar looking and smelling plants. Maybe 3 quarters of an ounce from her, we'll see. I have always enjoyed the smokes from my previous BT, but am always wishing for more size from them.

Earthbox Mephisto Day 63 - 7.jpg
Earthbox Mephisto Day 63 - 8.jpg

BT2 is a little smaller version of her sister. I am guessing a half ounce?

Earthbox Mephisto Day 63 - 11.jpg
Earthbox Mephisto Day 63 - 6.jpg

I secretly threw a DP Blackberry Kush in a 3 gallon pot outside, and it sprouted 42 days ago. A real string bean, she definitely could have used more sunlight, but I will get a few grams of nice purple kush buds from her. I would say it was well worth it.

Earthbox Mephisto Day 63 - 5.jpg

So, my too early season outdoor run has been performing about as expected. I will end up with about 3 ounces of some very good indica varieties, while I got the soil seasoned and ready for my outdoor run.
Earthbox Mephisto Day 63 - 9.jpg
Earthbox Mephisto Day 63 - 10.jpg

I am really excited to get these in jars, so I can start my photo run. I am going to do the same 2 plant per Earthbox plan. I will have a sativa box with HSO Blue Dream and HSO Green Crack, and an indica box with Riserva Privada's Strawberry Banana and RQS Honey Cream. The soil is ready to go no till style! I can't wait @Fitzy!

Outdoor Earthbox Update

Day 63
Mephisto Strawberry Nuggets X 2
Mephisto BlueToof Special X 2

Well, I really wasn't expecting too much when I planted these outside in the beginning of April. We were only getting about 13 hours of sun at the start, and only direct for like 4 hours. I really wanted to try out the SIP probiotic growing style, and get some experience for my photo run, which I didn't want to start before the middle of June.

I planted two strains that typically produced smaller plants, hoping that they wouldn't mind the lack of daylight hours as much as a larger plant would. Though, I did get my hopes up a bit that these may yield better than expected, I viewed the plants as younger than they really are. When I consider that they are now on Day 63, with fully cloudy trichomes, I have adjusted my expectation again.

SN1 is the largest plant, but that isn't saying a whole lot. Her leaf to calyx ratios isn't good, and I am expecting the main cola to be a lot thinner than it appears now after trimming. Very pungent buds, though. I would be thrilled if I got an ounce from her.

View attachment 1199741View attachment 1199738

SN2 is the smallest of the lot. She has a very unique aroma, like strawberry cough medicine of something like that. Very interesting. She won't produce more than a few grams, but I am expecting some unique tasting weed, and hopefully great effect.

View attachment 1199732

BT1 is the larger of the BlueToofs, and I do believe these are the same phenos as they are similar looking and smelling plants. Maybe 3 quarters of an ounce from her, we'll see. I have always enjoyed the smokes from my previous BT, but am always wishing for more size from them.

View attachment 1199736View attachment 1199734

BT2 is a little smaller version of her sister. I am guessing a half ounce?

View attachment 1199731View attachment 1199739

I secretly threw a DP Blackberry Kush in a 3 gallon pot outside, and it sprouted 42 days ago. A real string bean, she definitely could have used more sunlight, but I will get a few grams of nice purple kush buds from her. I would say it was well worth it.

View attachment 1199733

So, my too early season outdoor run has been performing about as expected. I will end up with about 3 ounces of some very good indica varieties, while I got the soil seasoned and ready for my outdoor run.
View attachment 1199740View attachment 1199737

I am really excited to get these in jars, so I can start my photo run. I am going to do the same 2 plant per Earthbox plan. I will have a sativa box with HSO Blue Dream and HSO Green Crack, and an indica box with Riserva Privada's Strawberry Banana and RQS Honey Cream. The soil is ready to go no till style! I can't wait @Fitzy!
U know I've noticed that the caylax to leaf ratio to be higher on an outdoor plant but like I were saying very aromatic compaired to indoor but I've only had one auto ever do really well outdoors the rest just never got more than 1.5oz off each so I'm trying to find away to fix that lol. I'm stoked to see the photos I am picking up Bigfoot glue and Humboldt dream from HSO

U know I've noticed that the caylax to leaf ratio to be higher on an outdoor plant but like I were saying very aromatic compaired to indoor but I've only had one auto ever do really well outdoors the rest just never got more than 1.5oz off each so I'm trying to find away to fix that lol. I'm stoked to see the photos I am picking up Bigfoot glue and Humboldt dream from HSO

Cool! I haven’t seen you grow photos yet. What size pot you using? Are you growing them outside?

Cool! I haven’t seen you grow photos yet. What size pot you using? Are you growing them outside?
I hope to do both indoor and out, I am running a unknown photo, and a gorilla photo from dinafem and a blue cheese x gorilla glue photo check them out I also just planted 2 colosol purps in a I think a 7gal or 10gal just planted the purps lastnight.

I hope to do both indoor and out, I am running a unknown photo, and a gorilla photo from dinafem and a blue cheese x gorilla glue photo check them out I also just planted 2 colosol purps in a I think a 7gal or 10gal just planted the purps lastnight.

looking forward to following those photos. Fitz! That’s an exciting lineup!

Back