Indoor GG's Giant Greens

Done with all the fun work. Cleaned/Bleached my rez and tubing and pump. Fresh water Ph 5.7 PPM <300.. GrowBig, SuperThrive, CalMag+. Added a reflector to the rez lid, and I'm down to 1 light, no exhaust fan (love the quiet). This is the part that hurts a bit, you see all that room and think you can grow another one in there. Next thing you know the jungle comes to you.

_IGP0690.JPG
_IGP0688.JPG

my latest results. They are pretty, not a terrible yield. 45 grams from the six main tops. and about the same amount from the bottom of the plant that just went into bags. These pics are the tops, dried 10 days.

I can do better. I'm so glad that thing is out of the way and GrowCloset 2.5 is off to a great start.

_IGP0701.JPG
_IGP0696.JPG
_IGP0698.JPG
_IGP0692.JPG

It's so much easier to photograph a seedling. Even so, these kinda suck. She had a small setback, my pH did not want to settle in. So she got hit with hot water for minute and curled the bottom two leaves, no matter, I pulled her out and rescued her. She's growing like a champ now.

_IGP0711.JPG
_IGP0708.JPG

The short internodes are a good sign. The ruffly edges will mellow out, she was standing at attention when I went to bed. Water is less than 300PPM still, she looks a little hungry, but that's good, means she is putting out roots. She won't get a nute boost for at least a week.

I'm thinkin training starts for her in a couple days. I want to see her main stem at a 45 degree angle to the rez, and across the whole width.

Last edited:
Done with all the fun work. Cleaned/Bleached my rez and tubing and pump. Fresh water Ph 5.7 PPM <300.. GrowBig, SuperThrive, CalMag+. Added a reflector to the rez lid, and I'm down to 1 light, no exhaust fan (love the quiet). This is the part that hurts a bit, you see all that room and think you can grow another one in there. Next thing you know the jungle comes to you.

View attachment 738215 View attachment 738216

Love the turntables bro! :crying: I've got 2 auto NL's going right now from Crop King Seeds. Interested to see what your genetics are like. Subbin' in if you don't mind. :pass:

This is why I spent the bucks on a Bubble Mac Industries air stone. It clogged up, I noticed it was about down to 25% efficiency. Soaked it in pH Down, and got all of that rinsed out, soaked it in bleach, and it's back to new condition. I love it when a plan comes together. I've already saved the cost in not having to replace stones every few months.

I just love growing plants, and studying them. For example, I know what this seedling is doing on a genetic level right now. It's pumping in Calcium for extra cell wall support where I bent it. It's burning through nitrogen to make the chlorophyll, to give it the ATP energy to use more of said calcium. In it's beautiful little chemical mind it wants to strengthen its stability right now. All of it's efforts are going toward building 'compression wood' at the bend sites. What an amazing little creature.

I see roots out the side of the net pot, almost out of the bottom now. And my enzymes are almost here.!

I will be switching to Green Planet nutes next time the water gets changed too.

_IGP0739.JPG
_IGP0737.JPG
_IGP0738.JPG

Last edited:
I just love growing plants, and studying them. For example, I know what this seedling is doing on a genetic level right now. It's pumping in Calcium for extra cell wall support where I bent it. It's burning through nitrogen to make the chlorophyll, to give it the ATP energy to use more of said calcium. In it's beautiful little chemical mind it wants to strengthen its stability right now. All of it's efforts are going toward building 'compression wood' at the bend sites. What an amazing little creature.

I see roots out the side of the net pot, almost out of the bottom now. And my enzymes are almost here.!

I will be switching to Green Planet nutes next time the water gets changed too.

View attachment 743631 View attachment 743632 View attachment 743633

You really pointed that luv out!

Back