Reaction score
Hello, AFN! Hello to @DutchPassionTony! I am a big fan, and have run your gear for a couple years now. The first auto I ever tried was DP's Think Different. I have got to try the Think Big. Got a Glueberry photo as a freebie, and could not wait to run it! I also have 2xCinderella Jacks going along side it, but I think I will journal those separately. I am a few weeks in. Just topped it 3 days ago.

@DutchPassionTony , or anyone who has or is running GB, what do you think? Am I on par for 3 weeks?

DSCN0540.JPG

DSCN0544.JPG

DSCN0547.JPG

DSCN0545.JPG

DSCN0546.JPG

For reference, the buckets are 3g. As you see, led is missing a whole panel. Cheap ass Mars Hydro. Happened within the first 6 months, as did the other three I bought. So, to recap, all 4 lights with panels burned out within 6 months. If you were on the fence about these, hope that helps. Still got at least 200w supplemental led along side a 400w hps/mh in a 3x3' tent. If panel was 100%,would be closer to 310w led.

Last edited:
Hello, AFN! Hello to @DutchPassionTony! I am a big fan, and have run your gear for a couple years now. The first auto I ever tried was DP's Think Different. I have got to try the Think Big. Got a Glueberry photo as a freebie, and could not wait to run it! I also have 2xCinderella Jacks going along side it, but I think I will journal those separately. I am a few weeks in. Just topped it 3 days ago.

@DutchPassionTony , or anyone who has or is running GB, what do you think? Am I on par for 3 weeks?

View attachment 737051
View attachment 737052
View attachment 737055
View attachment 737056
View attachment 737057

For reference, the buckets are 3g. As you see, led is missing a whole panel. Cheap ass Mars Hydro. Happened within the first 6 months, as did the other three I bought. So, to recap, all 4 lights with panels burned out within 6 months. If you were on the fence about these, hope that helps. Still got at least 200w supplemental led along side a 400w hps/mh in a 3x3' tent. If panel was 100%,would be closer to 310w led.

Looking good so far bud!! Jeez i am surprised to hear that about the mars...must have gotten lucky with my old version 100X3w mars(180 real draw style unit). Been running perfect for 18 months total at 24/0.

Thanks 912. Yeah, I was crazy excited about these lights. The first was looking so good, I grabbed three more. Then.......BAM!!!! And you are on your own when they go. They will send replacements, but you have to open it up and repair it yourself. Sarah pretty much just said good luck. I was surprised. Thought customer service would be way better.

Not trying to destroy anyone here. I don't know a thing about their new designs, so I can not comment on those. They may be wonderful. My point is just that no matter how reasonable the price, $1000 is still $1000 dollars! You get a little pissed when you see a pattern with all 4 of them; and all 4 are the 300w small white ones. The new ones look great, but I would give it a minute to see how they test in the market.

I do have to say that I misspoke. The first Mars led that I bought was their reflector (lime green) series, so I have purchased 5 total, not 4. It is the 144x5w led, so 720w with an actual power draw of 310w. It is long and slim, in 3 reflector sections and has the separate veg/bloom switch option. I have had this light since 2014. I don't really use it now. Only grow a couple at a time for myself, and donate to a couple of cancer patients. This one has been a great light! I just plugged it up, and it runs like a champ! Maybe it is the series. Maybe it is just as you said, 912, and I just got lucky with this one. I will post a pic later.

Last edited:
Hey, 912........just reread your prior comment. I missed the 24 hours on cycle. I think leds do better, in terms of longevity, running on a 24 schedule. I read that somewhere a couple years back. I just prefer the 20/4 to give the plants, and my wallet a break. If this is wrong, anyone with more expertise than me, feel free to correct me.

Here are my led credentials:

That article I may, or , may not have read two years ago. Keep on growin AFN. :greenthumb:

Last edited:
I am going to just doc the Cindy Jack on this thread. I have another journal going over in another thread. I would have to start a third to do these ladies. Since both are DP strains, I decided to do it here.

First pics of CJ.

Cindy Jack [HASHTAG]#1[/HASHTAG]:
DSCN0549.JPG

Cindy Jack [HASHTAG]#2[/HASHTAG]:
DSCN0548.JPG

These were put into paper towels on the 9th. They were up and in rockwool on 4/12. So, calling them 8 days old.

[QUOTE="FrankFaux, post

I do have to say that I misspoke. The first Mars led that I bought was their reflector (lime green) series, so I have purchased 5 total, not 4. It is the 144x5w led, so 720w with an actual power draw of 310w. It is long and slim, in 3 reflector sections and has the separate veg/bloom switch option. I have had this light since 2014. I don't really use it now. Only grow a couple at a time for myself, and donate to a couple of cancer patients. This one has been a great light! I just plugged it up, and it runs like a champ! Maybe it is the series. Maybe it is just as you said, 912, and I just got lucky with this one. I will post a pic later.[/QUOTE]

Just found this one Frank, subbin in:pop:.

Never ran anything other than hps and diy cobs, so i cannot comment on Mars. I can say cob's rock:headbang:

Just found this one Frank, subbin in:pop:.

Never ran anything other than hps and diy cobs, so i cannot comment on Mars. I can say cob's rock:headbang:

Welcome, Roasty! The mars work fine. Just depends on the series. I would stay away from the old small white 300-600w series. Three in a row had one section burn out within six months. I should've stuck to the reflector series. That one has held up like a champ. They really do beef up trich production. Usually have trichs on sugar leaves super early in bloom, no matter the strain. I have a small 200w cob diy kit, just been lazy. Will put it into play when I revamp my small area.

Been a while since an update here. Had a family emergency. Had to go out of town, and timer went out. Lost a SODK, a CindyJack and a Kripple Shock! Shit happens. Just finished lst and defoil of the Glueberry. Went with mainline route. Through all the stress, the Glueberry thrived! I should have taken a pic before the defoil; only have after shots.

DSCN0569.JPG

DSCN0570.JPG

Internodes are pretty damn tight! :cooldance:
I just took some quick shots before lights out. The pot is 33cm(13") across. Going to veg a couple more weeks, then flip it. Thanks for checking in. :peace:

Just a quick update.The last Cindy Jack is on the mend. Still pretty small for its age. Going to give it another week to see if she is going to really recover. Will post pics tomorrow. Thanks everyone.

Back