Outdoor First time grow - northern lights - auto - outdoor

Ah they're further along than I thought, nice. Are they still stretching?
Haha lovely must mean theyre getting there! :D

I think so they seem to be getting taller and wider every day! Definitely not as drastic differences as when they first shot up but im pretty sure theyre still going for it

Haha lovely must mean theyre getting there! :D

I think so they seem to be getting taller and wider every day! Definitely not as drastic differences as when they first shot up but im pretty sure theyre still going for it

Sweet, what we'll do after the next feed is start to lower fish mix and up bloom

Sweet, what we'll do after the next feed is start to lower fish mix and up bloom
Sounds good to me, think im beginning to slowly understand how it all comes together! Looking forward to seeing the buds start forming!

You still reckon up the fish mix for the next feed before the switch to more bloom or keep it even?

Sounds good to me, think im beginning to slowly understand how it all comes together! Looking forward to seeing the buds start forming!

You still reckon up the fish mix for the next feed before the switch to more bloom or keep it even?

I would up it, yellowing bottom leaves are normal enough during transition but I see yellow new growth too and still stretching :pass:

Once they had a few sets of leaves i started feeding it 1/2 ml of fish mix per L, and then the last two waters ive started adding 1/2 ml of both the other blooming nutes per L too... and usually takes about 1/2 ml per L of ph down too (lmao all halves) but that gets it to yellow, around 6 on pH which seems to be working so far... do that every water and at the moment i usually make up about 14L and that does the job with a tiny bit left overIm not gonna put these ones into larger pots but i think im gonna get slightly bigger pots for the next grow once these are done... im pretty sure these are going to be bigger than the fella who sold me them expected! Do you think itll cause any problems if they start getting too big for the pot or it will just limit their size to what theyre at?

Whereabouts u growing mate? Thats why i wasnt growing in england lol! Didnt wanna grow indoors and just thought outdoors would never work!

I actually LOVE growing indoors because of the tight control: you never have to worry about rain on your frosty buds. :D Or cool temps and budrot.

If they get very rootbound, you may end up watering several times a DAY. You may also have issues with the roots if they get too tangled up. I'm indoors and growing in 7 gallon pots since I like the stability of a large pot as far as pH. IMO I would pot up ASAP. You will yield way more that way! Your call though: hard to say how big they'll get when they're done stretching, but if they get rootbound you'll know it, since they'll start dropping leaves and the pots will get dry much quicker.

My location's a secret (for now). ;)

I would up it, yellowing bottom leaves are normal enough during transition but I see yellow new growth too and still stretching :pass:
Yeah thats the plan then! Next feed ill up the fish mix a bit and then feed after start upping blooms instead :cools:
I actually LOVE growing indoors because of the tight control: you never have to worry about rain on your frosty buds. :D Or cool temps and budrot.

If they get very rootbound, you may end up watering several times a DAY. You may also have issues with the roots if they get too tangled up. I'm indoors and growing in 7 gallon pots since I like the stability of a large pot as far as pH. IMO I would pot up ASAP. You will yield way more that way! Your call though: hard to say how big they'll get when they're done stretching, but if they get rootbound you'll know it, since they'll start dropping leaves and the pots will get dry much quicker.

My location's a secret (for now). ;)
Ive never grown indoors so cant speak for it but i love the idea of growing outside in the breeze and sun! The control you can have indoors is amazing though and i think a big plus for indoors aswell is just the less worry of bugs torturing you lool!

Yeah ill think about potting up definitely though.. Ill probably see how these get on for now and next time im down the area ill grab some bigger ones... i wanted to find a lighter coloured pot too incase the black ones get too hot for the roots in the sun aswell

Shit i just checked and the pots im using are only 3 gallons, and outdoors im sure you should use bigger usually? Maybe i do need to up them lmao :crying:

Yeah thats the plan then! Next feed ill up the fish mix a bit and then feed after start upping blooms instead :cools:Ive never grown indoors so cant speak for it but i love the idea of growing outside in the breeze and sun! The control you can have indoors is amazing though and i think a big plus for indoors aswell is just the less worry of bugs torturing you lool!

Yeah ill think about potting up definitely though.. Ill probably see how these get on for now and next time im down the area ill grab some bigger ones... i wanted to find a lighter coloured pot too incase the black ones get too hot for the roots in the sun aswell

You could always do 1 or 2 as a trial this time round

I think if you keep them in the small pots, you'll lose a lot of lower foliage, but will still yield. Bigger pots will increase your yield of course!

And yeah outdoors growing is fun. I grew on a mountainside in the tropics once. Took 14 months from seed (pure sativa). Kept me in smoke for several years!

Back