Help getting started

Fantastic - ordered! Also the Biobizz Lite soil is on the way too. Wish I'd found this forum 6 months ago! I'm also looking at the root riots and trying to discover what a 'solo cup' is . . .

I'm still finding my way about this forum but can't seem to figure out how to look at what you call 'my thread' ?

Fantastic - ordered! Also the Biobizz Lite soil is on the way too. Wish I'd found this forum 6 months ago! I'm also looking at the root riots and trying to discover what a 'solo cup' is . . .

I'm still finding my way about this forum but can't seem to figure out how to look at what you call 'my thread' ?
1729701594187.jpeg

Solo cups = American beer receptacle…. Disposable…usually around a pint in volume…. :pass:

Thanks St Tom - hugely appreciate the whole idea of keeping things really simple. Having looked around on ebay I'm seeing several different biotabs starter packs, some of which seem to be the exact same thing just named differently, but some have different boxes and contents . . . any chance of a link to the exact one you're recommending?
A vid I made a long while ago and that's a solo cup but in coco
seedstockers gelato 41 auto.jpg

Thanks to everyone - I ordered some OG Kush Auto seeds which should be here in a few days along with the Biobizz soil and Biotabs.

Given the size of my grow tent (3' x 3') and the light I have (spider farmer 2024 EVO SF1000 with LM301H EVO) can anyone advise what the best strategy is? Grow several at the same time or stagger the grows?

In part I'm thinking about the insanely high cost of electricity in the UK, so if I can grow more at the same time that would really help. Also I'll be making 80-90% of the buds into green dragon tincture, so long term storage isn't a problem.

Set against that is the 'don't put all your eggs in one basket' idea, so I was thinking growing four plants at a time - mostly because I've seen four of this strain in a 3' x 3' tent - and that should be enough for a while. For sure if I mess things up I'll be messing things up x 4, but if things go well, then I'm going to have an incredibly relieved missus who'll be less stressed than she's been in years, so I think its worth a go.

Thoughts?

Ok so I know quite a bit more about drying than I did - not a high bar!

Yes I'd be drying in the tent I'm growing in, but have other options if that didn't provide enough space. I like the idea of setting up the tent environment to be the best it can be for growing and then switching gears to make it the best it can be for drying in terms of humidity levels. That alone makes me lean towards growing three or four plants at the same time, assuming they'll fit.

One question, after drying, the curing process is described as making for better taste, aroma etc. but since most of a harvest will go directly to being decarboxylated and then into cold ethanol extraction, is the curing process even necessary?

Assuming all goes well, then I'd anticipate making as much tincture as possible from about 90% and curing the remaining 10% - once in tincture form my understanding is that it can be safely stored in a fridge pretty much indefinitely.

My goal is that, for the first time in her life, my wife feels totally secure in having as much pain relief available as she wants. As things stand she's using about one ounce every three to four weeks, but I suspect she's minimising her usage to keep the costs down.

So what would be reasonable to expect to get in terms of dry weight bud from a single plant of OG Kush Auto? Again assuming I don't totally cock things up and get just an 'OK' result?

With even a very rough idea of those numbers I'll have a better idea of what I need to do.
Thanks to everyone again! This forum has finally ended months of anxiety and worry in about 24 hours!! I can't thank you enough!

In 5 gallons of soil, I generally assume 3-4 ounces is a given per plant….and up from there. You can stunt the plant (happens early on) and get only an ounce or less….. or the plant can thrive and yield a pound…. It really is variable.

If I was in your shoes…. I’d hope for 2-3 ounces per plant, for a first time.

As for curing….. it’s basically just the period after drying (moisture removal) that lets the chlorophyll break down and off gas…. Basically. Get this step wrong and you’ll end up with buds that taste and smell like hay…. Assuming you’re going to want to smoke some of your hard earned stash…. Makes sense to treat it well…. In my opinion. Plus, the hay taste might carry over into the tincture….
:pass:

Back