Outdoor First time grow - northern lights - auto - outdoor

I think if you keep them in the small pots, you'll lose a lot of lower foliage, but will still yield. Bigger pots will increase your yield of course!

And yeah outdoors growing is fun. I grew on a mountainside in the tropics once. Took 14 months from seed (pure sativa). Kept me in smoke for several years!
Bloody hell cant even imagine what that looked like!!

Plant 5 - Noticed some slight redding on some of the branches today, none on the main stem and none seem too crazy.. plant seems healthy otherwise.

02c4abd8b434399bf4076e73e1d22edf.jpg
ee95ac5d51890b399d273134b25a3725.jpg
912d04b106972c9f3529d785c94e6a5f.jpg

All plants - Removed a couple bugs from some leaves today too, dont seem like any kind of infestation happening, seems pretty normal.

I'll spray the plants with some phosphorus soap (think thats what it was called) on the next feed as a precaution.

Only concern is if any bugs get into the bud site areas what to do? Don't fancy smoking on bugs legs later on down the line! Thinking about trying this bud washing technique ive seen a few different places when i harvest...

Last edited:
**** advice needed ****

In just under two weeks im headed back to London for 4 days so plants will be left alone. If i water them just before i go they should be good by the time i get back as they dont need feeding much more often at the moment, but my main concern is this:

Should i leave my tent open, or leave it closed? Night temps can drop to around 8 deg.C and day temps can peak around 23 deg usually. Im concerned that if i leave the tent open it will be way too cold for them at night, but if i leave it closed it will build up humidity in there and will not recieve any fresh air?

**** advice needed ****

In just under two weeks im headed back to London for 4 days so plants will be left alone. If i water them just before i go they should be good by the time i get back as they dont need feeding much more often at the moment, but my main concern is this:

Should i leave my tent open, or leave it closed? Night temps can drop to around 8 deg.C and day temps can peak around 23 deg usually. Im concerned that if i leave the tent open it will be way too cold for them at night, but if i leave it closed it will build up humidity in there and will not recieve any fresh air?

Hi Daleday, it's a tough choice, I think I'd leave it open. No friend/neighbor you can trust?

Hi Daleday, it's a tough choice, I think I'd leave it open. No friend/neighbor you can trust?
Only recently moved here so wouldnt trust noone as of yet, and one guy i know had his grow stolen by his neighbours aswell lol so dont fancy telling them were away!

Think im swaying towards leaving it open too, dont like the idea of it being very stuffy inside!

Thanks mate

Plants 1 & 2

7f7e6add568fc30a0d94071d9f7c3fbf.jpg

Plants 3 & 4

9b2daff4463f7fc124e770eddad5c0e8.jpg

Plants 5 & 6

818e243e513c3c3399f055233d52f7b2.jpg

Caught this little fucker red handed mid-feast! Got him off & snipped the 3 or 4 leaves it had half eaten, caught him before he went too mad. Again got a few different smaller bugs off here and there. Im giving each plant a good scan over every time i feed aswell as a quick look every day or so, seems to be working to stop any takeovers happening. Sprayed them with phosphorus soap a couple weeks ago. Will probably do the same again next feed or one after.

8f835526dc51de1f011776190a22a547.jpg

de22bdb9caa4dd37fb5f1978969f4955.jpg

Today is what my beginners brain is telling me is the perfect time to feed. The soil is very dry and sorta crispyish at the top, and feels good and dry when poking my finger into the soil. However the plants are not wilting yet and dont seem like theyre in need. Took @High'n'Dry advice and gave them a 1.5x dose of the fish mix for an N boost (they are definitely still stretching theyre quite noticeably taller), with a normal dose of both bloom nutes. Next feed im planning to go down to 0.5x fish mix, 1.5x blooms, and if that goes well keep that going. Possibly removing the fish mix completely when they stop stretching.
8497d49834abc573dd8132428dc9a221.jpg

Last edited:
I like the idea of stopping N once they're in bloom since there will be residual N in the soil and the plant can cannibalize leaves as needed. They're very tall and the internodal length is huge! I wouldn't remove any leaves unless they come off with no real pressure since the more leaves the plant has, the faster it will grow and bud. You can use neem oil in veg, but I'd cut it out in flowering (unpleasant to smoke).

I like the idea of stopping N once they're in bloom since there will be residual N in the soil and the plant can cannibalize leaves as needed. They're very tall and the internodal length is huge! I wouldn't remove any leaves unless they come off with no real pressure since the more leaves the plant has, the faster it will grow and bud. You can use neem oil in veg, but I'd cut it out in flowering (unpleasant to smoke).
I'm planning on cutting N out next feed which will be either today or tomorrow. Sorry for the dumb question but when would you say bloom has started? I know they're in bloom now but you think i should have already cut N out?

So in bloom if plants die off (not at a very fast rate) this is normal & even expected?

Would you consider the tall height and huge internodal length good traits? Is internodal length the space between the start of branches on main stem?

I snipped the leaves the Caterpillar ate because i read somewhere that when leaves are dying/ damaged the plant puts energy into repairing instead of putting it into the healthier parts. Would you agree with this or would you say leave the leaves on regardless of damage?

Sorry for the questions but your post seemed like it has some good useful information just trying to understand it best

They look a little hungry to me bud. Otherwise looking good and getting ready to stack some frosty nuggets :pighug:
I'm planning on cutting N out next feed which will be either today or tomorrow. Sorry for the dumb question but when would you say bloom has started? I know they're in bloom now but you think i should have already cut N out?

So in bloom if plants die off (not at a very fast rate) this is normal & even expected?

Would you consider the tall height and huge internodal length good traits? Is internodal length the space between the start of branches on main stem?

I snipped the leaves the Caterpillar ate because i read somewhere that when leaves are dying/ damaged the plant puts energy into repairing instead of putting it into the healthier parts. Would you agree with this or would you say leave the leaves on regardless of damage?

Sorry for the questions but your post seemed like it has some good useful information just trying to understand it best

Back