New Grower First Grow! Closet AutoCOB/CFL

Day 83:

They're definitely being chopped this week!!

Cheese:

She's looking so ripe.. buds look like they're about to burst, gained a nice chocolatey color too. Oh yes I forgot to mention that I cut off a nug a couple of weeks ago (wish I took a pic) and vaped it yesterday I gotta say the vape was great very uplifting and cerebral much more potent than the dispensary weed I have right now lol. I still have to get used to that taste it really lives up to the name; it had a sweet taste on the inhale but a sharp, sour, cheesy taste on the exhale. I've honestly never tasted weed like that before so it surprised me :rofl:

6b12f6db87f34c85f9224262c2854f80.jpg

97fad9c9934d382fbf28bc3481da8bc2.jpg

11746730062a5aa4f69a3d55a1cffac4.jpg

Leaves are telling me she's pretty much done

2d538c950198353773963b6b09c57123.jpg

Stress Killer:

It's hard to tell with her.. still got some white pistils popping up so she's growing... Hard to check trichs on her since it's old buds and new buds all over the place but I do see a few patches of amber here and there. I think I'll chop her before all the pistils turn orange. Couchlock is my least favorite high.

849c011ae38dc8ae0a6b45952d9c480b.jpg

Buds filled in nicely

550f78a64bcd453a97b909a6972b337d.jpg

72b3f4565ea99f96974cb7aed5ef42d8.jpg

Royal Dwarf:

Main cola getting nice and fat hope I get a nice spear off of her. I might move her outdoors to prep for my next grow soon since this soil has bugs in it... Speaking of my next grow I think I'll do 6 plants lol 3 indoor 3 outdoor.

f609b1d80498f22cc594c9d1de7e34dd.jpg

9f19a063bbfb184ea241948fd59d290c.jpg

Happy growing folks! :greenthumb:

Last edited:
Mini update guys

So after smoking that nug that I cut off early (yum) it really got me thinking about the validity of flushing... Is it even necessary? I feel like depriving your plant of nutes during one of the most important parts of the grow causes more harm then good. My buds definitely got fatter and fatter. I don't think vegetable or tobacco farmers do it so I've decided to not do any flush for this grow. Heck we even have a discussion about it on this forum here https://www.autoflower.org/threads/flushing-the-myth-that-wont-die.56274/ I've also read that plants eat less during the end of their life so I've just been feeding them nutes at reduced strength.

I've also been researching on how to get plants from the dirt to my rig in the fastest way possible too and I've found some controversial info(from another forum)... Pouring boiling water onto the soil to kill the roots. It sounds crazy I know but the way they explained it made sense to me. In doing that you're cutting off the plant from it's roots obviously but this forces the plant to cannibalize it's leaves causing it to suck out all the moisture which begins the fermentation process. It basically begins the drying and curing process while the plant is alive and because it's alive it does it faster. Unnatural? Doing this simulates a flooding situation that could occur in nature minus the risk of rot/mold. The roots would be submersed in water for days forcing the plants to use their leaves up. Supposedly you can smoke a nug right on harvest day and it won't be too bad, and after finishing your drying it'll taste like buds that have been cured for a few weeks! Excited to try it out. BTW this is for soil only.

I know it sounds crazy so here are a few pics. I poured boiling water into the roots on Monday night and here we are Thursday night. They say to boil and wait 3-5 days I guess this is day 3. Check to see how green and lush they looked on my last update

Cheese

3219a63004b6d6b36ad3595dd304999e.jpg

d572107af712e995f8d18b24bc7d311c.jpg

Stress Killer

17eb68356b17e96b33c3c3aa169f5baa.jpg

4b01e4492948a7e81f5f6a7e24784e8d.jpg

I'd say maybe one more day and chop chop! Well that's it for the not so mini update lol I hope the information here has been interesting for you to read happy growing folks! :greenthumb:

Last edited:
Mini update guys

So after smoking that nug that I cut off early (yum) it really got me thinking about the validity of flushing... Is it even necessary? I feel like depriving your plant of nutes during one of the most important parts of the grow causes more harm then good. My buds definitely got fatter and fatter. I don't think vegetable or tobacco farmers do it so I've decided to not do any flush for this grow. Heck we even have a discussion about it on this forum here https://www.autoflower.org/threads/flushing-the-myth-that-wont-die.56274/ I've also read that plants eat less during the end of their life so I've just been feeding them nutes at reduced strength.

I've also been researching on how to get plants from the dirt to my rig in the fastest way possible too and I've found some controversial info(from another forum)... Pouring boiling water onto the soil to kill the roots. It sounds crazy I know but the way they explained it made sense to me. In doing that you're cutting off the plant from it's roots obviously but this forces the plant to cannibalize it's leaves causing it to suck out all the moisture which begins the fermentation process. It basically begins the drying and curing process while the plant is alive and because it's alive it does it faster. Unnatural? Doing this simulates a flooding situation that could occur in nature minus the risk of rot/mold. The roots would be submersed in water for days forcing the plants to use their leaves up. Supposedly you can smoke a nug right on harvest day and it won't be too bad, and after finishing your drying it'll taste like buds that have been cured for a few weeks! Excited to try it out.

I know it sounds crazy so here are a few pics. I poured boiling water into the roots on Monday night and here we are Thursday night. They say to boil and wait 3-5 days I guess this is day 3. Check to see how green and lush they looked on my last update

Cheese

3219a63004b6d6b36ad3595dd304999e.jpg

d572107af712e995f8d18b24bc7d311c.jpg

Stress Killer

17eb68356b17e96b33c3c3aa169f5baa.jpg

4b01e4492948a7e81f5f6a7e24784e8d.jpg

I'd say maybe one more day and chop chop! Well that's it for the not so mini update lol I hope the information here has been interesting for you to read happy growing folks! :greenthumb:

Loving the experimentation bro! Can clearly see only leaves affected so think u onto bit of genius here. Great growing!

Thanks SJ yeah I was really worried of losing my whole harvest but honestly I think it's working! Right now it's smelling like hay in the tent I think we're getting close. I really hope it does work that way we can all have the option to smoke our buds earlier than usual

Excellent job man, really incredible grow you have going! Also glad to hear the sample went well too. @pop22 talks a lot about flush and considers it a myth, my logic falls somewhere in between I suppose. Honestly, after reading Pop's write up about it I don't think I plan on flushing unless I am having serious nute/pH issues and absolutely feel I need to. But others will say they themselves have experimented with both (an timings of) and swear by the difference it makes for them.

Looks like you are learning and finding your own way. Good job!
:slap:

Day 88:

Harvest day for cheese!

e84392751e469867789ec91f26f2d3d4.jpg

0e3317f05bc7d41887bb1b79879b2f5b.jpg

f91a918211b17331010cc9ba1f91a6e7.jpg

c5bba2a055320c215710a975fa9ff089.jpg

63b3aaee51424c28b32831547b2685ac.jpg

Here's the sampler nug I took off

3313ad1362f21b456fb59506640152c0.jpg

f3f5bc5c052bbe5246d99ed5498d93a1.jpg

I smoked it for the so called ash test. Haven't combusted it in a while lol it was harsh for that reason but honestly I didn't taste any grass or hay smell. My roommate said that she couldn't taste it either she actually liked the taste lol.

84a08396d2af4d11991c196b740812fd.jpg

Gonna try the whole plant harvest as done by Ed Rosenthal.. probably not for the four weeks he mentioned though lol

I'll try to not drop it either lol

2c65de25a8b3ed79be1e8a6c21e2d47d.jpg

Stress Killer will be chopped probably tonight. Exciting times! Happy growing folks!

Excellent job man, really incredible grow you have going! Also glad to hear the sample went well too. @pop22 talks a lot about flush and considers it a myth, my logic falls somewhere in between I suppose. Honestly, after reading Pop's write up about it I don't think I plan on flushing unless I am having serious nute/pH issues and absolutely feel I need to. But others will say they themselves have experimented with both (an timings of) and swear by the difference it makes for them.

Looks like you are learning and finding your own way. Good job!
:slap:

Yeah if you don't do the normal flush you have to dry it out longer than usual which is where I think people make the mistake of saying that not flushing left a bad taste. If you flush you can get away with a couple day dry but if you don't you have to do it for at least 10 days. This is from what I've read so don't quote me on it lol but it makes sense... flushing starts to get rid of the chlorophyll earlier since you're slowly killing off the plant, but I'd rather feed it to the end. I definitely noticed my plants grow to the end. I think that's where people make the assumption that not flushing leads to problems.

Last edited:
Yeah if you don't do the normal flush you have to dry it out longer than usual which is where I think people make the mistake of saying that not flushing left a bad taste. If you flush you can get away with a couple day dry but if you don't you have to do it for at least 10 days. This is from what I've read so don't quote me on it lol but it makes sense... flushing starts to get rid of the chlorophyll earlier since you're slowly killing off the plant, but I'd rather feed it to the end. I definitely noticed my plants grow to the end. I think that's where people make the assumption that not flushing leads to problems.
Great grow dude, congrats! As far as flushing, I do about 2 weeks straight tap water at the end of their life. not even to run off most waterings. (Is that a word?). Seems to work as there's still plenty of left over food in both the soil and leaves.
I have to commend you on your sack, yep testicles. Seriously, I would never have the balls to pour boiling water on my gals. It seems to make sense but seems a harsher way to achieve a bit of cannibalization then straight water for a while. Super interesting and I'm glad YOU did it. :thumbsup: Can't wait to see your final dry/cure post and how that method worked out. Again, great grow and congrats broski!

Back