New Grower First Grow! Closet AutoCOB/CFL

Yeah I'm very interested in how this goes I didn't want anyone to go through the potential loss so I'll report the results. Honestly though getting that clean of a hit from freshly harvested bud is at least a partial success in my book.

Chopped lady Stress Killer tonight

b77372b73dadc623357f0da81b191335.jpg

0d82d9f2c73fa94efc888be3fbc965a2.jpg

717afa1e43f7baeff0e5859482167725.jpg

Both are in my closet temps mid seventies and 50-60 RH

Happy growing folks

Mini update guys

So after smoking that nug that I cut off early (yum) it really got me thinking about the validity of flushing... Is it even necessary? I feel like depriving your plant of nutes during one of the most important parts of the grow causes more harm then good. My buds definitely got fatter and fatter. I don't think vegetable or tobacco farmers do it so I've decided to not do any flush for this grow. Heck we even have a discussion about it on this forum here https://www.autoflower.org/threads/flushing-the-myth-that-wont-die.56274/ I've also read that plants eat less during the end of their life so I've just been feeding them nutes at reduced strength.

I've also been researching on how to get plants from the dirt to my rig in the fastest way possible too and I've found some controversial info(from another forum)... Pouring boiling water onto the soil to kill the roots. It sounds crazy I know but the way they explained it made sense to me. In doing that you're cutting off the plant from it's roots obviously but this forces the plant to cannibalize it's leaves causing it to suck out all the moisture which begins the fermentation process. It basically begins the drying and curing process while the plant is alive and because it's alive it does it faster. Unnatural? Doing this simulates a flooding situation that could occur in nature minus the risk of rot/mold. The roots would be submersed in water for days forcing the plants to use their leaves up. Supposedly you can smoke a nug right on harvest day and it won't be too bad, and after finishing your drying it'll taste like buds that have been cured for a few weeks! Excited to try it out. BTW this is for soil only.

I know it sounds crazy so here are a few pics. I poured boiling water into the roots on Monday night and here we are Thursday night. They say to boil and wait 3-5 days I guess this is day 3. Check to see how green and lush they looked on my last update

Cheese

3219a63004b6d6b36ad3595dd304999e.jpg

d572107af712e995f8d18b24bc7d311c.jpg

Stress Killer

17eb68356b17e96b33c3c3aa169f5baa.jpg

4b01e4492948a7e81f5f6a7e24784e8d.jpg

I'd say maybe one more day and chop chop! Well that's it for the not so mini update lol I hope the information here has been interesting for you to read happy growing folks! :greenthumb:
Wow! That takes some guts!
Great journal and I'm curious to find out how they dried and cured.

oh man... the ol boiling water.....
lmao ... I've done that... you don't need to do that...
did it slow the dry/ cure down??? that's basically all it did for me....
I uprooted the thing and poured on the plants roots so the steam didn't kill the buds, first thing I noticed was fan leaves died off and slowed my dry time which was what I was hoping to achieve...
shit maybe it sped it up... lol it was written but now is lost I guess
was def. a nice crystaly smoke

Last edited:
Hehe I definitely didn't need to do this but I was very curious about it. I poured it in and left em alone for about 4 days with day and night cycles the plant kept growing but it used up it's leaves for nutrients so I think it actually sped up my dry and cure, which is what I was aiming for. Supposedly after drying for a few days it'll taste like bud that's been cured for weeks. The fact that I could smoke it right away was awesome! I cut it down whole to slow the dry down just a little, and to kinda protect it since my drying conditions aren't ideal.

I've gone through the foxtail mitigation game growing in tight spaces, it's definitely a sativa ish thing but light stress triggers it moreso, you don't really see it on outdoor plants.

The goal of lowering the lights, especially if you have done some LST is to fatten up the lowers; in my case I trimmed the foxtails off during the manicure after drying and sent it straight to the bubble bags to supercharge my trim, so it was a net win for productivity but a tiny less attractive in terms of bag appeal due to the close haircut. I like a nice hairy bush of red hairs on my buds!

Dude, just gotta give you... a BIG one of these.
:slap:

Grats on your awesome grow. Never be afraid to experiment with it, just have fun. What I've been trying to do more and more with this new found hobby! Interesting technique, let's see how it pays off!

:chimp:

Yeah low and slow I may have pushed her a little too hard I put my lights at 12 inches which definitely stressed her. I kinda like the look of foxtails now but we'll see how she looks trimmed.

Thanks again everyone who stopped by it was a fun experience for me. Definitely gonna be a lifelong hobby of mine.

Just about done here all that's left is the trim. I might have trimmed cheese a little too early yesterday some of the stems were still bendy and the lower nugs were slightly soft but it's okay.

2d6ad5403492fed1e7862bfd64da8316.jpg

e21718f3e40843e1024da906b24fb47c.jpg

40b54d7e218c17531c701b916572c231.jpg

I don't have the right scale to weigh her but I hope for at least three ounces...

I did smoke a bowl of her it was okay not nasty but not much flavor. Will try her again in a week. I'll do a smoke/vape test with stress killer she can maybe go one more day drying, will probably taste great right away
with the slower dry. I still have some stuff from the dispensary so I'm not in a rush to vape these.

Happy growing folks

Last edited:
Yeah low and slow I may have pushed her a little too hard I put my lights at 12 inches which definitely stressed her. I kinda like the look of foxtails now but we'll see how she looks trimmed.

Thanks again everyone who stopped by it was a fun experience for me. Definitely gonna be a lifelong hobby of mine.

Just about done here all that's left is the trim. I might have trimmed cheese a little too early yesterday some of the stems were still bendy and the lower nugs were slightly soft but it's okay.

2d6ad5403492fed1e7862bfd64da8316.jpg

e21718f3e40843e1024da906b24fb47c.jpg

40b54d7e218c17531c701b916572c231.jpg

I don't have the right scale to weigh her but I hope for at least three ounces...

I did smoke a bowl of her it was okay not nasty but not much flavor. Will try her again in a week. I'll do a smoke/vape test with stress killer she can maybe go one more day drying, will probably taste great right away
with the slower dry. I still have some stuff from the dispensary so I'm not in a rush to vape these.

Happy growing folks
Looks like you grew some nice bud man. Excellent job!

Stress Killer was trimmed last night that took forever lol definitely going to enlist some help for next time. Yielded less than her sister, but I'm loving the freaky looking buds

b101760f9d43ceca840841e44e5e2961.jpg

94845a876ab4a717cde12d705a14bbe7.jpg

d98557f25fe05fd0005f4588d411cad3.jpg

I completely forgot I had a bong tucked away in my closet since I mainly vape but I brought it out for a smoke test: no nasty taste and pretty white ash.

484e152f928160156458400f9e4b40ee.jpg

Vaping it tasted like she smelled just a lot more muted so a cure will definitely bring out more flavor. I'm gonna guess I got maybe 1.5 - 2 ounces on her.

Thank you again everyone for following along on my grow I had a great time with this and everyone's support and positivity just kept me motivated throughout. I'm getting ready for my next indoor grow but in the mean time you can follow along on my outdoor adventure here
https://www.autoflower.org/index.php?threads/60002/

Happy growing folks!

Back