Indoor Dr. Babniks Botanical Garden - My AFN News Journal

@912GreenSkell, @Vlad The Inhaler, @HashMaster, @Slowmo, @witchyhour...who else is photo plant expert? I need your advice and opinions. @tripaholic88 and @Bailey, do you ever grow photos or have opinions?

What ever I can imagine doing to Bomb Seeds Atomic, Our Lady of Chernobyl, she will grow too big for the tent.

IMG_3246.JPG

Monday, I removed the lower 4 branches, treated with cloning gel and rooting powder and transfered the cuttings to Root!t rooting sponges.

Topic for discussion:
If they root as expected, I will cut down the rest of the plant. That will give me 12 clones. The best specimen should be kept as mother plant, Mother Angelica of the Announciation.

As far as I know, there are two routes to go:
1. SOG in 2-3 l pots. (No SCROG before I understand the plants. For now, I cannot predict their behavior.)
2. Keep clones in small pots and transplant to 6 l pots when free spots in the 11/13 tent.

Other possible strategies?

Last edited:
@912GreenSkell, @Vlad The Inhaler, @HashMaster, @Slowmo, @witchyhour...who else is photo plant expert? I need your advice and opinions. @tripaholic88 and @Bailey, do you ever grow photos or have opinions?

What ever I can imagine doing to Bomb Seeds Atomic, Our Lady of Chernobyl, she will grow too big for the tent.

Monday, I removed the lower 4 branches, treated with cloning gel and rooting powder and transfered the cuttings to Root!t rooting sponges.

Topic for discussion:
If they root as expected, I will cut down the rest of the plant. That will give me 12 clones. The best specimen should be kept as mother plant, Mother Angelica of the Announciation.

1. SOG in 2-3 l pots. (No SCROG before I understand the plants. For now, I cannot predict their behavior.)
2. Keep clones in small pots and transplant to 6 l pots when free spots in the 11/13 tent.

i would have LST her a long time ago but now i would supercrop the hell out of her Doc

Doc, the reason why I use both gel and powder rooting compound is because I saw someone saying that some strains do better with gel, some with powder, so they did both. It made sense to me, so I started doing that. [emoji106]

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk

Last edited:
BTW, Skywalker came up form the seed pod today. Tomorrow I get the transformer for the bucket. Then I start a thread for it in the hydro section.

Totally awesome! [emoji106] [emoji2] [emoji122]

Topic for discussion:

I'd keep her as a bonsai mom! Just trim wherever she gets big, trim the height, and/or remove branches if she gets too chubby. Just don't switch her to 12/12 and she'll be there for cuttings whenever you want them. You can also trim the roots once they get too big. [emoji106] [emoji6]

i would have LST her a long time ago but now i would supercrop the hell out of her Doc

Yes - but she is still too big for 2x2x4 ft tent! It should have been early on and so greedy I used a 10 l (2.2 gal) pot. After transplant she had a growth explosion and I was inattentive.

Ooooo...you can use them to bend the branches, too, right? [emoji106] [emoji7] [emoji76]

Like these?

629a0d322b7355f1a8caeaed82677f88.jpg

Yes, you can do that, but very carefully...slowly, slowly not to supercrop the branch. It can be used to form the canopy very even.

I'd keep her as a bonsai mom! Just trim wherever she gets big, trim the height, and/or remove branches if she gets too chubby. Just don't switch her to 12/12 and she'll be there for cuttings whenever you want them. You can also trim the roots once they get too big. [emoji106] [emoji6]

That was my initial idea. But the big pot occupies a full spot in the tent. I have test seeds comming my way and I really want to get the bucket going. Got the tools today. Will make holes, one at the time, watching the video. Slow paste so I don't ruin the hose. IQ 87 you know.

Back