Nutrients CannabisMingus' Grow Dots - Coco - Autopot experiment

can get away without pH'ing if my TDS is this low.
That's what I do but please remember that this is my first run with this methodology so time will tell. I just want you to be aware there may be some risk. So far so good but you never know.

hell yeah brother. Are you going?

I am! My son and I are going and meeting some guys I previously met at the 2021 Autoflower Cup. Should be a good time. We'll catch you at the next one man.

D20
Nothing to report other than vigorous growth.

20220706_070841.jpg
20220706_070851.jpg

I think this is a Mg def. starting to accelerate. I upped CalMag to 90 ppm and added 1/4 tsp Epsom to res (at about 5 gal). to bring total TDS of res to 120.

The photos don't adequately show the Mg def - there is significant interveinal discoloration. (I know - i need a new f-ing phone). Also, I turned off Autopot last night and did weekly Recharge top water this morning. I will turn Autopot back on this afternoon.

20220709_093143.jpg
20220709_093209.jpg

I think this is a Mg def. starting to accelerate. I upped CalMag to 90 ppm and added 1/4 tsp Epsom to res (at about 5 gal). to bring total TDS of res to 120.

The photos don't adequately show the Mg def - there is significant interveinal discoloration. (I know - i need a new f-ing phone).

View attachment 1484359View attachment 1484360
Is there a specific reason you went with 90 ppms of cal/mag and then added some epsom? I pretty much did exactly what you did but I only used CalMag to 120ppms on mine

Is there a specific reason you went with 90 ppms of cal/mag and then added some epsom? I pretty much did exactly what you did but I only used CalMag to 120ppms on mine
I did not want too much Ca. I'm guessing here but didn't want to add Ca if I wasn't seeing the need. I didn't want to go full bore MgSO4 because then I am jacking up S. So I just split the difference. Another way of looking at it: I was spreading out the excess among two different elements, hoping (guessing) that it reduces the risk of Ca or S toxicity.

Make sense?

Last edited:
Interesting to watch. I remember we discussed the osmocote ferts awhile back. Question - do you normally use recharge in the amounts you are using it with this grow?

Interesting to watch. I remember we discussed the osmocote ferts awhile back. Question - do you normally use recharge in the amounts you are using it with this grow?
No - I usually do it approx. 4x a grow in living soil (water only). I don't use it in DWC. Something like mid-veg, early flower, mid- stretch, 3 weeks from chop. Something like that.

Back