Nutrients CannabisMingus' Grow Dots - Coco - Autopot experiment

No - I usually do it approx. 4x a grow in living soil (water only). I don't use it in DWC. Something like mid-veg, early flower, mid- stretch, 3 weeks from chop. Something like that.

Was just curious. I have seen a mag deficiency in a couple strains of late. And I had never had the issue ever in all of my time growing.

I sort of narrowed it down to two things. I run Floraflex and it may have too much cal for some strains. And the wacky other one is that it seems to only happen to plants that I have fed Recharge to. I know it sounds nutty. It is what it is though. Only thing I can do is run the strains again and not use any recharge. And/or run the strains again with a lower dose of Floraflex. As you know though, that isn't always so easy to run the same strains again so quickly. Likely I will in the Fall when I get my 4x4 back up.

I'm not bagging on Recharge. In theory it shouldn't have anything to do with it? Also, in theory, I really don't "need" recharge anyway. I just like to play and see what results, if any, I get.

I'm not bagging on Recharge. In theory it shouldn't have anything to do with it? Also, in theory, I really don't "need" recharge anyway. I just like to play and see what results, if any, I get.
I hear you. There' are unanswered questions with this methodology. Your situation is a head-scratcher for sure.

Maybe this a lockout due to excess K or Ca? That would present as a Mg def. but I have not heard of anyone getting lockout at 75g/5G of Growdots.

I did not want too much Ca. I'm guessing here but didn't want to add Ca if I wasn't seeing the need. I didn't want to go full bore MgSO4 because then I am jacking up S. So I just split the difference. Another way of looking at it: I was spreading out the excess among two different elements, hoping (guessing) that it reduces the risk of Ca or S toxicity.

Make sense?
Yeah I totally follow your logic there. Thanks for clarifying! Might do that myself now.

D 29

Well, growth is ok but this deficiency has progressed (although it seems to have slowed down and perhaps stopped its progression). It's not Mg because its' on new growth. I have narrowed it down to a Z deficiency or perhaps Z lockout caused by excess P (or maybe Cu but not likely). I'm strongly leaning towards excess P/lockout, especially considering how dark the lower fans are (showing excess N).

So, .75g/5G was too much Grow Dots. Not much to do about it now. I am disinclined to flush because I don't see how that helps an excess nutrient issue with prilled nutrients. In other words, the same excess will be present (although maybe delayed). At this point, I'm inclined to just ride it one out. Thoughts?

20220714_165601.jpg
20220714_165732.jpg
20220714_165739.jpg

Last edited:
Yo @Dankerson - do you think a flush would help? As stated, I am disinclined to do so with Grow Dots.

D 29

Well, growth is ok but this deficiency has progressed (although it seems to have slowed down and perhaps stopped its progression). It's not Mg because its' on new growth. I have narrowed it down to a Z deficiency or perhaps Z lockout caused by excess P (or maybe Cu but not likely). I'm strongly leaning towards excess P/lockout, especially considering how dark the lower fans are (showing excess N).

So, .75g/5G was too much Grow Dots. Not much to do about it now. I am disinclined to flush because I don't see how that helps an excess nutrient issue with prilled nutrients. In other words, the same excess will be present (although maybe delayed). At this point, I'm inclined to just ride it one out. Thoughts?

View attachment 1487035View attachment 1487036View attachment 1487037
That's an excess of copper brother. At least I think it is. :smoking:
marijuana-deficiency-chart-jorge-cervantes.jpg

That's a shame, man. But hey, you are taking one for the team. I personally don't think a flush would help much. The only hail mary I could think of would be to constantly get more water running through it. Maybe a Z additive if you can get that in line? I consider myself a well versed gardener in all sorts of things, but I have never had the deficiency/lockout you are theorizing on.

Yo @Dankerson - do you think a flush would help? As stated, I am disinclined to do so with Grow Dots.
Yeah that's a bit uncharted territory. I'd say it definitely couldn't hurt it overall. Might help flush out any excess that's built up and make it have to replenish so to speak. I guess the only way that would really work is if the available nutrients in the soil are lower after the water/flush. I guess it depends on how quickly those grow dots replenish it. When I flushed in the past I used bush doctors sledgehammer and it worked well but some phd water with yucca should work as well.

I've noticed mine was looking a little similar but I've added more CalMag to my water as I thought it was an MG lockout.

Back